Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 361565 times)

Offline undercovergeek

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • u
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #3885 on: April 02, 2024, 08:23:45 AM »
I have destroyed an enemy ship orbiting what turns out to be the prize of the galaxy so far - >65 million tons of everything at .8 or higher with ruins and a dormant complex

There are 113 million chaps on the surface and I’ve been orbiting without danger for 6 months now - is it ever safe to assume that there are no hostiles on the surface and I can land a meagre force to contact my new colonials?
Have you had a ship with resolution 1 scanners scan the planet? That will detect ground forces.
Not sure how you get a count of 113 million people, I can't think of any sensor that will tell you that.  If it is saying 113 million tons that is an insanely huge ground force. And I am suprised STO Fire has not destroyed you.
As always time has no bearing on what you detect.  Although I would have expected someone with STO to open fire by now.
If you have a colony entry with 113 million people for some reason the colony has surrendered and is yours.

well, you were right - not a clue where i thought id seen that - after a year of building a ground assault company just to see what was there - fully expecting them to get shot to pieces, the place is uninhabited - all those lovely minerals and alien tech is mine

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #3886 on: April 02, 2024, 09:02:23 AM »
That is good, I had the opposite experience somehow I failed to spot there were ground forces on a planet with ruins ,even though there were no space forces and found them when I dropped 40,000 tons of survey vehicles and 40,000 tons of engineering vehicles without a single gun. Then forgot to designate the natives as hostile when I dropped 100,000 tons of troop who as a result got shot to pieces without shooting back.  A learning experience

The following users thanked this post: undercovergeek

Offline paolot

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • p
« Reply #3887 on: April 02, 2024, 09:10:44 AM »
I can't see alien ships in the tactical map.   ???
I met an alien race several years ago (50 or so). Established communication and reached neutral status rather fast.
Until then, they come and go in my systems, without any reciprocal connections (1), so, every time step, I receive events of alien ships passing in my systems.
But, I can't see them in the map.
If I double click on an event, the map centres on the location. But nothing is there.
They are in the range of my planetary sensors. And Neutral is checked in the Contacts settings.
I remember I saw them, but maybe before reaching neutral status(?).
So, how can I have them appearing in the map?

(1)
Some strange things, anyway: I can't find their homeworld, and it seems I meet always the same ships.
In the Intelligence/Alien window, their ships classes and numbers don't change.
I have also two diplo ships around, but they don't gather info about this race.
In the game settings: no Precursors, no Invaders, no Star Swarm, no Rakhas, no Aether Raiders, no NPR generation of these menaces.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 09:12:43 AM by paolot »

Offline undercovergeek

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • u
« Reply #3888 on: April 03, 2024, 09:11:37 AM »
That is good, I had the opposite experience somehow I failed to spot there were ground forces on a planet with ruins ,even though there were no space forces and found them when I dropped 40,000 tons of survey vehicles and 40,000 tons of engineering vehicles without a single gun. Then forgot to designate the natives as hostile when I dropped 100,000 tons of troop who as a result got shot to pieces without shooting back.  A learning experience

sooooooo...... after spending awhile on the surface and uncovering the 60% bonus to ground forces from the dormant complex on the surface i saw your post and switched the bad guys to hostile, particularly after the recon outpost in orbit picked up readings on the em sensor  - low and behold a surface engagement took place and thanks to the 'Gods of Walmsley' we won without casualties - i never saw what the planetary defence forces were but they never fired a shot in anger until i declared them hostile

where can i see my guys' readiness and supply percentages - in case this happens again?

Offline ty55101

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
« Reply #3889 on: April 03, 2024, 10:15:48 AM »
where can i see my guys' readiness and supply percentages - in case this happens again?

In the order of battle on the ground units window. Leftmost tab.
More guns = more funs

Offline undercovergeek

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • u
« Reply #3890 on: April 03, 2024, 02:19:05 PM »
i landed on a planet that may or may not have had alien forces on there (may!) - without knowing they were there i moved in the industrial might of Earth and have built the planet up with various complexes

after eventually switching the alien to hostile a small skirmish took place and we took over the planet

i recently received notification that the planet now had a 'subjugated' status

but........... in doing so has created a duplicate planet - the one im on with a pop of 8m and 125k ground forces on it with a imperial population and human species

and a second planet with no pop a status of subjugated and human species

is this right?

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #3891 on: April 03, 2024, 05:15:06 PM »
Yes
The colony you landed your troops on continues to exist with your troops on it and you aquire the conquered population as an extra colony. If you landed your own population in the colony you created then you could have 2 different populations on the planet which will not combine as they are different species. 
Normally in the case of a conquest you move your troops to the conquered colony and delete the empty colony

Offline undercovergeek

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • u
« Reply #3892 on: April 03, 2024, 05:51:17 PM »
Thanks

As far as I can tell there’s no one on the subjugated colony - there’s an ordnance transfer facility and 2 deep space tracking stations - pop 0

I’ve tried editing off those facilities and deleting the empty colony - doesn’t work as there must be something in the colony I can’t see

So transfer my army to the empty colony?

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #3893 on: April 03, 2024, 06:10:47 PM »
You have almost certainly defeated a spoiler outpost so there will be no population, just some ruins.
You should be able to delete any colony using the delete population command although you will get an are you really sure pop up. I have deleted homeworlds for various reasons so you can delete anything

Offline undercovergeek

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • u
« Reply #3894 on: April 03, 2024, 06:39:57 PM »
Ah - I’m pressing the delete empty button

Will try delete pop when back at game

Thank you

Precursors it says on the intel screen

Offline pedter

• Chief Petty Officer
  • p
« Reply #3895 on: April 03, 2024, 11:13:10 PM »
Ah - I’m pressing the delete empty button

Will try delete pop when back at game

Thank you

Precursors it says on the intel screen

If "delete empty" isn't deleting the pop, you may want to have a look around to figure out why it isn't classified as empty. I'm not sure if ruins alone qualify as 'not empty' but it's possible you nabbed a couple of installations when you captured the outpost.

Offline undercovergeek

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • u
« Reply #3896 on: April 04, 2024, 12:10:47 AM »
Yeah there’s about 20 still to go through which I’m picking up in the main colony!

Offline pedter

• Chief Petty Officer
  • p
« Reply #3897 on: April 04, 2024, 02:55:39 AM »
it's possible you nabbed a couple of installations when you captured the outpost.

Yeah there’s about 20 still to go through which I’m picking up in the main colony!

My mistake, I worded that poorly - by installations, I mean already-identified installations rather than ruined installations. Often the outposts will have a Deep Space Tracking Station at minimum and if you captured one of those (and/or whatever else may be present) then it will be on the captured population rather than your race's population. The ruined installations are attached to the planet rather than the population (only before they are swapped for a specific installation by construction units); you can definitely safely abandon a population when ruined installations are involved, I just don't know if they allow a population to count as empty or not. If they do count as empty then there's definitely something else in the captured population.

Offline undercovergeek

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • u
« Reply #3898 on: April 04, 2024, 03:46:10 AM »
all done - a del pop worked

although im now able to do an autopsy on said aliens

Offline undercovergeek

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • u
« Reply #3899 on: April 04, 2024, 03:49:00 AM »
back again with the weird questions - sorry

i started towing a commercial shipyard from earth to alpha centauri - as soon as the tug left orbit i detected myself on a scanner - human aliens with 400 EM coming from the shipyard

i can see myself in the alien intel screen - my avatar and flag and can strike an alliance and various trade deals with myself

is that right  ???