Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 273336 times)

Offline BitterOldGuy

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • B
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #195 on: April 16, 2020, 01:26:12 PM »
Quote from: Erik Luken link=topic=10640. msg124092#msg124092 date=1587059232
Quote from: Aloriel link=topic=10640. msg124083#msg124083 date=1587058829
Can we get an event differentiation between "long term medical problem" and "death"?

Long term medical problems don't bother me.  Death is a critical issue that requires a replacement officer, or worse, administrator.

Technically, they are both long term medical issues.  Just one is more. . .  permanent :D

Doctor: I have good good news and bad news.  The good news is that the Admiral's condition has stabilized. . .

The following users thanked this post: Morrigi, QuakeIV, smoelf, Kyle, Alsadius

Offline darkevilme

• Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #196 on: April 16, 2020, 05:42:06 PM »
Okay first off. I played this game a bit long ago and I had someone in discord i knew be like look new version of aurora!.. and the new version looks cool so far, so hats off and kudos.

That aside I have a suggestion. Can there be an option to have a start in the game that's not the sol system for those of us who like to play aliens?

All my attempts to do this with spacemaster mode to kludge it like I used to do it in a way older version have resulted in, not good things.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline Luftwolfe

• Leading Rate
« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2020, 05:49:55 PM »
Quote from: darkevilme link=topic=10640. msg124233#msg124233 date=1587076926
Okay first off.  I played this game a bit long ago and I had someone in discord i knew be like look new version of aurora!. .  and the new version looks cool so far, so hats off and kudos.

That aside I have a suggestion.  Can there be an option to have a start in the game that's not the sol system for those of us who like to play aliens?

All my attempts to do this with spacemaster mode to kludge it like I used to do it in a way older version have resulted in, not good things.

There is a very specific way of doing non-Sol starts, it's been mentioned quite a few times on the forums here.  I'd look around and see if you can't find it

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2020, 05:55:15 PM »
Maybe it is best that Steve doesn't release the game from now on. Having read a bit on reddit and the rant that is going on there ... makes me puke. No one should have this nice piece of software whilst this smegload is going on... .

The following users thanked this post: smoelf, Vasious

Offline rainyday

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • r
« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2020, 07:10:22 PM »
It might be nice to have an option on the research screen to show all racial techs. 

I tend to design everything I need for a ship (or a generation of ships) all at once and then go assign researchers to the individual projects when I'm done.  That involves hunting through all the tech categories and trying to remember everything I designed.  With such a big tech tree it's easy to miss things in the list.

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #200 on: April 16, 2020, 08:16:06 PM »
That SM screen in VB6 that showed all the systems by number currently in play. I have been at 2 hour increments for about a month in game time and I would like to hunt down the responsible party.

Offline Gnoman

• Leading Rate
  • G
« Reply #201 on: April 16, 2020, 11:09:37 PM »
I've had to rescue a few survey ships because they ran low on fuel, and can not get them to stop and refuel without mucking with the conditional orders.  It would be very helpful if we could have a "current location" option for fleet orders, so we could easily just override conditionals temporarily. 

The following users thanked this post: DIT_grue

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #202 on: April 17, 2020, 01:30:57 AM »
I should read through this thread to check what's already been proposed, but a search came up empty for this.
Adding cargo holds should give a warning message if no cargo shuttle bays are present
"Vessel contains cargo holds but no cargo shuttle bay, it will be unable to load or unload without the presence of a spaceport or ground based cargo handling facility"
Though perhaps that message is a little verbose, but the idea is that many people make the mistake of not adding any shuttles, I've done it several times myself :)
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

The following users thanked this post: Doren, smoelf, DEEPenergy, Alsadius

Offline cool_hc

• Leading Rate
  • c
« Reply #203 on: April 17, 2020, 01:58:32 AM »
hi Steve

I just want to say thanks for all the hard work on C#.  I've been playing since the early days of the VB6 version

Just a few suggestions below:
- can we have the time increments on the events page, like we used to have in VB6 events page.  This would let us get thru first few years quickly whilst monitoring events.
- also, can we re-implement quick keys for various windows.  I remember VB6 had quick keys like F12 for fleet movements, F6 for design window, ESC key to close windows, etc.  It was really handy.
- could we have a button for "Shipyards" on the main screen? i feel its one of the more heavily used menus
-in orders screen, there used to be a button to 'repeat orders XX times".  any chance to reimplement that?

thanks again

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #204 on: April 17, 2020, 04:47:29 AM »
Ticking "Tanker" on designer should give error if no "Fueling system" is present on the ship

Ticking "Supply ship" on designer should give error if no "Cargo shuttle bay" is present on the ship

Ticking "Collier" on designer should give error if no "Ordance transfer system" is present on the ship

Refueling capacity should also state how many ships the tanker can refuel simultaneously (to make it easier for people to recognize that you might need/want more of these modules on a single ship)

The following users thanked this post: Barkhorn, smoelf, Alsadius, Zhatelier

Offline SerBeardian

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #205 on: April 17, 2020, 05:28:57 AM »
Since we have ground troops doing survey that actually generates survey points, versus a semi-random dice roll, it would be nice to have a progress indicator of how much is done of a ground survey, similar to how orbital survey shows a "points remaining".

The following users thanked this post: Doren, DIT_grue, Alsadius, UberWaffe

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #206 on: April 17, 2020, 11:05:40 AM »
Is it possible we could get the old system graphic screen back at some point? Whilst it adds nothing in so far as gameplay I always found it great for general RP flavour when seeing systems and the different planetary pictures.

Offline UberWaffe

• Chief Petty Officer
  • U
« Reply #207 on: April 17, 2020, 11:25:07 AM »
Really awesome game.   Thank you for all of your hard work. 

Some suggestions:

Allow Fuel Refineries and Maintenance Fascilities to have 'targets' instead of on/off:
Refer to: Economy_CivEco_FuelAndMaintTargets. png
Change the "Stop / Start" button ("Economy -> Industry") for the Fuel refineries and Maintenance fascilities to "Manage" that opens a pop-up. 
In the pop-up have a target number to enter.   While the respective stockpile is below this number, the respective industries are on and working.   If above, they stop. 
Two quick action buttons for "Stop" (limit = 0) and "Max" (Limit = 2 billion or similar big number).   Default is "Max", i.  e.   if you build some industries they will process non-stop as far as possible. 

Clearer indication for text fields that can be edited:
Refer to: Economy_CivEco_TextInputStandard. png
For all text fields that can be edited (and are meant to be) give them a bounding box, so it is clear they are an input and not just info. 
This would make them similar is style to buttons, so it is more intuitive what can be changes and what cannot. 

Alternatively make fields that are not inputs non-green, and keep green only for input items. 

Civilian Mines, busy purchasing post-fix indicator
Refer to: Economy_Mining_PostfixBuyOrTax. png
In "Economy" window, on the left where the planet list is shown, for all civilian complex that minerals are being purchased from, add a (P) at the end of the name.   (Behind the CMC)
This would make it much easier to easily spot where we are purchasing or not. 
Alternatively, do the (T) for Tax instead.   I would suggest only doing one or the other, since it is easier to spot a shape (lack of a letter) at a glance than differentiating between two letters.   (If both P and T are post-fixed.  )

Civilian Demands and Supplies UI
Refer to: Economy_CivEco_DropdownRelocate. png
In "Economy" -> "Civilian Economy" for the supply and demand dropdowns (where you pick the installation), move those dropdowns to within the popup. 
In the case of doing a modify, make the field read-only. 

The following users thanked this post: Barkhorn, Alsadius, JuergenSchT, Resand

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #208 on: April 17, 2020, 11:29:31 AM »
Future feature request - I was playing Football Manager the another night and I walked away thinking, 'It would be nice if Aurora C# had a periodic autosave'.  Given I've had a couple game crashes at inopportune times, I would have liked to have a feature that auto-saved every 6 or 12 months setting dependent. 

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #209 on: April 17, 2020, 11:46:31 AM »
Future feature request - I was playing Football Manager the another night and I walked away thinking, 'It would be nice if Aurora C# had a periodic autosave'.  Given I've had a couple game crashes at inopportune times, I would have liked to have a feature that auto-saved every 6 or 12 months setting dependent.

An autosave would have to be based around the number of full increments since last save, if you made it every 6 months it would only be useful for early game.