Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 358361 times)

Offline Kiero

• Bronze Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • In space no one can hear you scream.
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #3135 on: January 11, 2023, 05:45:25 AM »
DDG Mallard 020 failed in its attempt to ram DDG-19 MUS Ostrich.

Do we as players have an ability to ram enemy ships?

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3136 on: January 11, 2023, 06:27:35 AM »
No.

Offline Zeebie

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
« Reply #3137 on: January 13, 2023, 08:21:46 AM »
I generated a new NPR with default settings, and they started with a healthy navy but absolutely no ground forces - is that normal? Is there some setting I need to adjust to make sure they have ground forces?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #3138 on: January 13, 2023, 09:30:49 AM »
I generated a new NPR with default settings, and they started with a healthy navy but absolutely no ground forces - is that normal? Is there some setting I need to adjust to make sure they have ground forces?

Sounds like a bug, but how do you know they have no ground forces?

Offline Zeebie

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
« Reply #3139 on: January 13, 2023, 09:55:12 AM »

Sounds like a bug, but how do you know they have no ground forces?

I invaded and they surrendered instantly with no fighting.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #3140 on: January 13, 2023, 12:48:16 PM »
Almost certainly a bug then.

Offline Snoman314

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3141 on: January 17, 2023, 12:03:33 AM »

That is already in the v2.2 changes.

I'm expecting to get shot down here, but I'll ask the question: Are you working much towards a v2.2 release at the moment, @Steve?

I'm personally really looking forward to the fix to the spoiler spawns, so I can play an early start game with spoiler races and not get curb-stomped. Ground unit template and update mechanics and organisations, Ground unit construction and other GU QoL stuff looks exciting as well!

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3142 on: January 17, 2023, 08:46:29 AM »

I'm expecting to get shot down here, but I'll ask the question: Are you working much towards a v2.2 release at the moment, @Steve?

I'm personally really looking forward to the fix to the spoiler spawns, so I can play an early start game with spoiler races and not get curb-stomped. Ground unit template and update mechanics and organisations, Ground unit construction and other GU QoL stuff looks exciting as well!

I've no date in mind. I'm playing a long campaign at the moment, although not posting much in terms of updates. I plan to continue it until I defeat the invaders (by having more than 100% racial boost from constructs) - that may take a while. I do have a new campaign in mind, so I will probably release v2.2 before that.

The following users thanked this post: snapto, Kiero, serger, StarshipCactus, Gabrote42, Snoman314

Offline Snoman314

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3143 on: January 17, 2023, 04:57:07 PM »
I've no date in mind. I'm playing a long campaign at the moment, although not posting much in terms of updates. I plan to continue it until I defeat the invaders (by having more than 100% racial boost from constructs) - that may take a while. I do have a new campaign in mind, so I will probably release v2.2 before that.

Good to hear that you're enjoying the game yourself. Thanks for the insight into where things are at.

Offline sneer

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #3144 on: January 18, 2023, 01:44:18 AM »

out of curiosity
I assume you are in late game Steve ( 2100 and past equivalent)
can you share what is your pace at this moment ?
Mine has slowed down considerably and I try to find how best model pace can look like

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3145 on: January 18, 2023, 11:14:59 AM »

out of curiosity
I assume you are in late game Steve ( 2100 and past equivalent)
can you share what is your pace at this moment ?
Mine has slowed down considerably and I try to find how best model pace can look like

It is a WH40k campaign using role-play rather than optimal ship designs that required a large variety of starting systems. The starting fleet has missile launchers, railguns, particle beams, lasers and gauss turrets and includes beam warships, hybrid beam/missile warships and carriers. Due to the high RP requirements, I used the following starting setup.

•   Starting population is two billion with standard installations for that population size, except for 800 Maintenance Facilities instead of 600.
•   Research Points are double normal to allow for the variety of starting weapons.
•   Starting Build Points are double normal, on the assumption the Imperium has been building up the largest army and fleet it can support before venturing into the galaxy.
•   Shipyards are customised for the ship classes. This results in a large number of shipyards, although the vast majority have only a single slipway. Also, the Imperium doesn’t have the resources to use them all.
•   Ruin chance is increased from 20% to 25%.
•   All spoilers active. NPRs can activate Precursors and Raiders
•   5 NPRs. 50-100 LY
•   NPRs can generate other NPRs with a 10% chance.
•   Limited Research Admin (my new favourite option)
•   Hostility Modifier +20

Despite the extra research I started with Gas-Core Drives due to all the various RP requirements.

Its now 4027 so I am currently in the 28th year of the campaign. I've met five NPRs, seven different Swarm races, a lot of precursors and had numerous encounters with the raiders. There are three Aether Rifts but only survey ships so far. So far, I am up to 449 systems. I've found a deserted intact colony, four ruined cities and various smaller ruins and discovered sixteen dormant constructs, of which 13 are active and 12 have 1m+ populations. I have 74 labs at the various construct locations and 54 on Earth.

Naval tonnage is closing on 3m tons and due to a series of upgrades, most of that is now using Inertial Confinement Fusion Drives. Commercial tonnage is 56m tons. There has been a lot of combat, mainly with precursors and swarm. Three of the NPRs are in a war that has lasted many years, so I have been sneaking into their systems to salvage wrecks and have established small outposts within their territory to act as logistic support. I am also surveying their systems. This has led to many diplomatic incidents and some dire warnings, after which I have stayed out of the way for a while, then sneaked back in. I am currently planning a major attack on the closest of the NPRs and I hope I can finish that campaign before any serious Invader force arrives.

This is probably a faster pace than you were expecting, but I always explore very aggressively and then try to handle whatever I find. I've benefitted a lot from ruins and salvage in terms of minerals, wealth, supplies, fuel, etc., as well as all the installations I have recovered.

The following users thanked this post: Black

Offline sneer

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #3146 on: January 18, 2023, 01:07:07 PM »
with so many additional players ( npr , swarm etc ) how much year can You push game in few hours play ?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3147 on: January 18, 2023, 02:15:57 PM »
with so many additional players ( npr , swarm etc ) how much year can You push game in few hours play ?

I've been playing this game for over three months, so its involved a lot of hours. 1-day turns take a few seconds to process.

Offline sneer

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #3148 on: January 19, 2023, 01:36:20 PM »
I had very fast progress till the moment my NPR started activating everything around
I have a lot of action somewhere in the back ground (between unspotted nprs , swarms and other spoilers )
it is suprisingly quiet in 200 systems I have surveyed atm 
I slowed to like 1 full game time year per few hours session

Offline gamemonger56

• Chief Petty Officer
  • g
« Reply #3149 on: January 19, 2023, 07:11:56 PM »

recovering alien ruins. how does that work. i thought if i made some unit with xeno archeology and dropped them on said planet they would do the work. been 2 years, nothing so far.