Author Topic: Scenario Generator  (Read 8196 times)

Offline Froggiest1982 (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Scenario Generator
« on: August 30, 2020, 06:29:30 PM »
AURORA C# SCENARIO GENERATOR 1.0
Hi all,

I have created a scenario generator in excel to spice up my games a bit. I RP a lot so for me these settings are quite known but maybe for some of you could represent a new challenge or scenario to try out new tactics. As said, to me these settings are quite known so any feedback on new possible rules and settings are highly recommended and welcome!

It is pretty easy to use and eventually to modify as well.

There is already a good variety and so far I have added:

• Random Generation of 1 to 3 Human Players for Multi start
  • Random TN or Conventional Start
  • Random Generation of 0 to 5 NPRs
  • Random Generation of all Variable Criteria
  • 3 Random Home World Selection
  • 4 Random Home World Conditions
  • 4 Random Missile Doctrines
  • 6 Random Energy and Kinetic weapons Doctrines
  • 9 Random Naval Doctrines
  • 6 Random Racial Traits
  • 4 Random Claim limitations for Multi Start

I have attached a couple of screenshots for you to see what is currently possible.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 02:08:51 AM by froggiest1982 »

The following users thanked this post: Future2063, Cobaia, smoelf, Karsten, Warer, skoormit

Offline Warer

• Lieutenant
Re: SCENARIO GENERATOR
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 08:46:53 AM »
You absolute mad lad.

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 10:07:09 AM »
This is great, been doing similar except just randomly deciding individual settings during new game creation but having a pre-generated template to push more to situations I'd normally not be comfortable with works great.

One thing though the whole "No Jumpgates" (AKA No stabilisation) whilst a neat idea that I'd hoped to do as well, due to the way that Civilian shipping works stabilisation is absolutely mandatory unless you want Civilian shipping to be hard locked to your home system due to their inability to use tenders.
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982

Offline Froggiest1982 (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 03:10:40 PM »
This is great, been doing similar except just randomly deciding individual settings during new game creation but having a pre-generated template to push more to situations I'd normally not be comfortable with works great.

One thing though the whole "No Jumpgates" (AKA No stabilisation) whilst a neat idea that I'd hoped to do as well, due to the way that Civilian shipping works stabilisation is absolutely mandatory unless you want Civilian shipping to be hard locked to your home system due to their inability to use tenders.

Yes, I thought about that and it would eventually add to the challenge and counterpart the no commercial designs. So one will force u to use more civilian for heavy lifting while this one will force you to arrange your own logistic.

POTENTIAL STRATEGY AND PLAY THROUGH SPOILER ALERT!
In one of my multi-start games, I had to befriend and tolerate an alien race just long enough for them to build the network for me along with another sol player (I was controlling) that used the situation as leverage to get access important minerals in systems I was settling slowly. So I had to trade security for economic and industrial gain.
Which is the reason I opted for No Jump gates rather than restrict the player with no civilians at all. (you can do it deleting all civilians at the start from admin command)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 07:52:24 PM by froggiest1982 »