Author Topic: Chapter one  (Read 2069 times)

Offline ExChairman (OP)

• Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Chapter one
« on: June 10, 2012, 10:44:38 AM »
2048 April 19th 12:49 A semi dark cavern below Atlantis, Nils is staring into the darkness of a strange box like construction, then looking down on his hand held computer, making some small modifications to a program. From behind a small woman approaches, "Nils, the specs for the freighter have arrived, where  you want it?"

Nils "Hmmmm, place them on the table and I will look into it soon, need to figure out how to transfer this alien electronic language to our computers and it´s not going to good. Oh well, Susan can you take a look at my calculation and see where I have gone wrong?"

Susan Locksworth "Sure Nils, hmmm..., by the way have you seen Beatrice, everyone I ask says no and looks strange... Yea that look, what has happened, is she dead or something?"

Nils "Dead?  Ah no, not dead, but she is moved to another place, where were you this morning during the riot and the broadcast?"

Susan “Where I was? Almost in heaven, met this soldier from a battalion on the other side of the city, he was a bit shy at first but when we started dancing he made me fly, all night we danced and in the morning we was so tired that we went to sleep in his quarters"

Nils "Hmmm, dancing? Do you think you could learn me something good? Ok I think we can place up to 600 of these box launchers on that ship, if each shuttles makes two pickups from Atlantis each day it will take about 4 weeks to get them up to the freighter, with one missile per launcher. Well I need to speak to the freighter captain, so he can start the process of building a pressurised walkway in the middle of each cargo bay.  About Beatrice she will be our Empress someday..."

Susan "What, that skinny girl... sorry I know you like her, but do you think she the right one for you? Have the imperial family died? All of them? Isn´t that impossible, there is so many relatives on Earth and Mars so it should almost be impossible to eradicate that line"

Nils "Yes they are dead, she is in command of what’s left of the human race."

After a quick look at Susan he adds "Haven’t you heard anything, Sol is destroyed, everything is gone except that freighter that’s coming"

After several seconds Susans face turns to white and then into a grey tone. “What?! How can that be possible?”

Nils “I don’t know, but we need to get this fixed as soon as possible and then start the process of building a warship with nothing but these alien weapons and a freighter, so please see where I calculated wrong.”

Susan “ I can´t think and you want me to start calculating in English and Atlantean?

Nils “Yes and that’s an order!”

Susan, looking a bit hurt at Nils comes to attention and says “Yes Sir!”

2048 April 19th 13:14 After a short radio transmission to the incoming freighter and telling it´s captain what they need to start doing before they arrive on Atlantis.

2048 April 19th 13:44 Susan "Nils, there were only one error in your calcuation and I fixed it for you, hope this will help?"

Nils after redoing his calculations he found were he erred and said "Yes , thank you Susan, this will work now, you might even have saved whats left of humanity."

2048 April 19th 14:00 Nils is back at the governors house,  waiting for his turn to speak to Beatrice and Diame, waiting in a crowded hall, after 3 minutes a guard comes marching down the hall and stops in front of Nils, he salutes and says “ Highness, the Queen is ready for your report, please come with me.”
The nearest people looks on with interest, but Nils is shaken by the guards words follows quietly. 

2048 April 19th 14:05 Back in the governors room he sees Beatrice again, now standing in the backlighted window, looking out over the plaza. He walks towards her and says. “Why did the guard call me highness?”
Beatrice is silent for several seconds and then she turns around, looking Nils in the eyes. “That’s because you are to be my prince and until our children starts to come my heir!”
Nils eyes is getting larger by the second “I,,,, I,  I can`t,,, I can`t marry you Beatrice you are our queen and I am not a royalty.

Beatrice turns around and walks to the large computer screen on the wall and gives a short command, turning back to Nils she points at the screen. “Well in reality you have a better claim to the Swedish throne than I do, one of your ancestors, according to Diame, is a Gustav Gustavsson af Wasaborg, the line was supposed to die out in 1777 but throe a male,  illegitimated of course, it continued throe the history up until now, when you are the last descendant, so highness will you consent to marry me? A small smile played on Beatrices lips when she looked into Nils eyes, after several seconds, maybe ten Nils only reply was “Yes!”
After saying yes he fell to one knee locking up to Beatrice, “I will marry you with all of my heart”
Standing in the background, Diame, smiled as she rose and walked over to the young ones. “Then that’s settled, tomorrow there will be a marriage, so the people can rest assured that the line will continue.”
Clapping her hands, a door was opened and a large crowd was let in, turning to the crowd she said in a high voice, “The Bernadotte line will tomorrow marry the Vasa line!”
A great sound of well-wishing rolled over the young couple, they turned to the crowd, smiling.

2049 April 20th 12:00 At exactly 1200, Baetrice and Nils was married, their honeymoon was to take place during the rest of this day and the following night, at 0600 the freighter would arrive in orbit and the conversion  would begin.

Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline hunter james

• Petty Officer
  • h
Re: Chapter one
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 01:36:52 PM »
are you ever going to finish this because this was an intresting story