Author Topic: v1.5.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 52552 times)

Offline insanegame27

• Leading Rate
  • i
Re: v1.5.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2020, 07:20:39 PM »
I know its not really a bug and more of a sacrifice for faster delivery, but I only have a single monitor and alt tabbing to my events every time cycle (and not being able to autorun time cycles in case I miss an event) is limiting my enjoyment of the game.  I don't have a second monitor to have my events always up.  It would be nice if events could be fixed to show on the main screen.

The following users thanked this post: Ayeshteni

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2020, 07:34:42 PM »
Just noticed, the change rank window has a labelless checkbox:

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2020, 07:50:16 PM »
Marking fighters obsolete doesn't work.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 08:40:06 PM by Desdinova »

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2020, 07:51:29 PM »
Minor text bug: Jump Point Stabilizing Ships operating under the "Build Jump Gate at Nearest Jump Point" standing order have incorrect Event Log text if they have to jump to another system to build their next jump gate.

This is a stabilizer ship in Sol, which is being commanded (by standing orders) to jump to Alarach to build "JP1: Sol". It erroneously says "JP0: Sol". Additionally, I believe in VB6 Aurora the event log was more detailed for this default/standing order, and stated the name of the system the stabilizer ship was traveling to. It would be good for my situational awareness if the event log below specified that the stabilizer ship was traveling to the Alarach system.  :)

« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 08:00:17 PM by Ancalagon »

Offline 01010100

• Chief Petty Officer
  • ?
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2020, 08:02:10 PM »
Not sure if this is a bug or intended behaviour but commanders aren't being auto-assigned if a commander without the appropriate bonus is not available. Have more freighters than commanders with a logistics bonus, then some freighters will not get a commander auto-assigned even though there are commanders available (without a bonus).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 08:15:31 PM by 01010100 »

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2020, 08:12:23 PM »
In the Naval Org orders screen, double-clicking on an Auto-Route system name should add the route move order. Currently, double-clicking does nothing and you must click the system name and then click the "Add Move" button at the bottom to add the order. For clarity, this is the screen in question:

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2020, 08:14:18 PM »
"Refuel at colony or hub" default order does not consider tankers. You can no longer station a tanker in a system you're surveying and have your survey ships refuel from it automatically, for example. There also isn't a "refuel target fleet" for tankers anymore.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 08:48:07 PM by Desdinova »

Offline harpyeagle

• Leading Rate
  • h
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2020, 08:34:39 PM »
Function #1616: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Occurs immediately after starting a new game with 0 player races.

Edit: Also, once generation is complete, scrolling the mousewheel to zoom the (blank) map also spams this same error.

Offline Vivalas

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • V
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2020, 08:41:03 PM »

Edit: Also, once generation is complete, scrolling the mousewheel to zoom the (blank) map also spams this same error.

Yes, to do an SM-start currently you need to start with 1 player race, then generate a new system, create the new race, delete the old player race, and then delete the system. In that order. If you delete the system the 1st race is in before deleting the race, or delete the system or race before the 2nd race is made, you get the error spam. Presumably because aurora needs some sort of system data to populate the tactical map and system knowledge is stored per race.

Offline Caplin

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2020, 08:49:24 PM »
In the Create Project window, there are some text fields exposed to my screen reader labeled "Entry 1," and "Entry 2." This is true for engines and sensors and possibly all custom components in general. The function of these is obscure  to me and I wondered if they were supposed to be visible at all.

Offline insanegame27

• Leading Rate
  • i
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2020, 08:51:12 PM »
Function #2217: An item with the same key has already been added

pops up whenever I try to open summary, industry, mining or research tabs.  Was in 1. 4 and was also reported by me in 1. 4

db file:
Code: [Select]
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K917C9oyTqJzS81T8QNvwtkrGlE0x1YN

Offline Feeble

• Petty Officer
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2020, 08:53:07 PM »
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Class Design
What you were doing at the time: Pressing Unlock button after a ship had been built with that design in a shipyard
A conventional start: No
A random stars game: No
Is the bug easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: Easy to reproduce
A long campaign - say 75 years or longer:  No
The length of the campaign: N/A

The bug: You can modify a class design even after it has been locked because you built a ship in a shipyard.  Modification in this way does cause all existing ships in the class to update with the change.  This can be reproduced using the base database given out by Steve during each patch.  Attaching my database with my game to show persistance

Steps to reproduce:
 1.  Check status of existing ship in a given class
 2.  Open 'Class Design' window
 3.  Go to class for the ship checked in step 1
 4.  Press 'Unlock' Design
 5.  Modify design
 6.  Check status of ship from step 1

Offline muzzlehead

• Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2020, 09:06:13 PM »
Refresh button on the Naval Organization Window does not Refresh the Logistics Report or Detailed Fuel Report tabs after time advance (5 days or 30 days).   

If the window is closed and reopened, it does update
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 09:21:02 PM by muzzlehead »

Offline Sloshmonger

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2020, 09:07:39 PM »

I was just coming here to post the same error.

Additionally, if you find yourself in that situation, if you exit the game and reload it, pressing any button but Refresh or Game Information generates a Function #155: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2020, 09:08:21 PM »

There seems to be some error in move-to-fleet orders. This survey ship ran out of fuel; it took a few months for a tanker to arrive but when it did it stopped a few million KM short of its destination.