Author Topic: Not a bug per-say.  (Read 1808 times)

Offline TacticalStats (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • T
Not a bug per-say.
« on: April 17, 2020, 08:29:16 AM »
I just noticed (with spacemaster off) that I can unlock a ship change components and it seemed to happen automatically to my already built ships.

I launched a jump science vessel.  Military jump drive, commercial engine. . . . whoops.  I sent it out and it failed to jump, obviously.  Upon returning to earth i went to upgrade the ship and it was then I noticed that it happened without needing to see a shipyard.  Quick dockyard crewmen that I have :)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Not a bug per-say.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 09:05:40 AM »
I just noticed (with spacemaster off) that I can unlock a ship change components and it seemed to happen automatically to my already built ships.

I launched a jump science vessel.  Military jump drive, commercial engine. . . . whoops.  I sent it out and it failed to jump, obviously.  Upon returning to earth i went to upgrade the ship and it was then I noticed that it happened without needing to see a shipyard.  Quick dockyard crewmen that I have :)

The is WAI, but is sounds like I need to change to SM Mode only as this question has come up a lot.

The following users thanked this post: AlStar, Impassive, TacticalStats, muzzlehead

Offline Impassive

• Gold Supporter
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 09:17:14 AM »

The is WAI, but is sounds like I need to change to SM Mode only as this question has come up a lot.

I would agree that the unlock should be hidden behind SM, that way if you need to correct, you take that extra step of turning on SM. Does help reduce the temptation somewhat :) Would also be good for it to not be accidentally clicked and a ship modified.

The following users thanked this post: Alsadius

Offline Elouda

• Gold Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 11:29:25 AM »
Any chance it could be left in for ships that aren't tooled yet?
I tend to lock designs manually after they're finalized, but sometimes need to unlock them for a small change before I get around to tooling them for various reasons.

Offline Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 05:40:07 PM »
Any chance it could be left in for ships that aren't tooled yet?
I tend to lock designs manually after they're finalized, but sometimes need to unlock them for a small change before I get around to tooling them for various reasons.

That was how it worked in VB6, and it made sense to me.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 12:15:38 PM »
As long as there is a way SM mode or not SM mode to modify a class design after a yard has been tooled to it and/or a ship built to it I'm happy. I find it a great way of reducing some of the fleet reorganization busywork and just reduce hassle.