Author Topic: v1.6.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 22347 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
v1.6.3 Bugs Thread
« on: April 18, 2020, 02:13:20 PM »
Please post bugs in this thread for v1.6.3

Please check the Known Issues post before posting so see if the problem has already been identified. 'Me too' posts for unresolved bugs are fine as it shows they are affecting more than one person. Any extra information you can provide in 'me too' posts is very welcome.

Please do not post bugs from previous versions unless you confirm they are still present in v1.6.3.

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including the function number, the complete error text, the window affected, what you were doing at the time, if this was a conventional start and if this was a random stars game. Also if the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off. If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well.

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
Re: v1.6.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 02:15:31 PM »
Hadi asked me about this behavior that I suppose isn't really a bug so much as an accessibility oversight. We were able to work through it, though since it's easier to explain with pictures, I took the liberty of writing the report.

Reproduction steps
1. Launch Aurora 1.6.3
2. Open the Federated Nations game.
3. Open the Naval Organization window.
4. Using the mouse, select SRV Federation Survey Command (CAPT) - Home World. Make sure it is expanded.
5. Using the keyboard this time, press the down arrow to select the GEV Ferdinand Magellan fleet. This is where the problem appears.

Once you select that fleet, the focus moves over to this location with the red box around it, meaning that further keyboard navigation doesn't apply to the list of fleets on the left.

Hadi has expressed that this is undesired behavior, as that may not be the fleet they were going for. This is only a problem if you use the keyboard to navigate, though.

Since I obviously can't read your source code, I don't know how easy this would be to do, but my first guess for a solution would be to call the Control.Focus method to refocus the list on the left side of the Naval Org window as the last step of whatever happens when you select that fleet. It doesn't matter to anyone using the mouse what's in focus, as they'll just click on whatever it is that they need to click.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 02:17:43 PM by Inglonias »

The following users thanked this post: Caplin, hadi

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 02:16:37 PM »
Bug Report from 1.5.1; but still happening in 1.6.3 (sorry, was slightly too slow for 1.6.2 report):

------------------------------------------------------
Version 1.5.1, Conventional Start:
When adding 1x Fighter MSB, 1x Small MSB and 1x MSB, I should have 500 MSP in totoal, but I get 1.380 MSP...
Looks like that the amount of MSP is multiplied by the position the MSB is sitting, or the order in which the modules are added... I tried again and got 1.320 MSP...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GnoBK9zLhk_J4W1anIuglJV5DpW0h2BI

Offline Kelewan

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 02:17:33 PM »
This is save game compatible. It can only be used to patch v1.6.3

I think the it should read "It can only be used to patch v1.6.2" like the title suggests

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 02:27:38 PM »
Bug Report from 1.5.1; but still happening in 1.6.3 (sorry, was slightly too slow for 1.6.2 report):

Version 1.5.1, Conventional Start:
When adding 1x Fighter MSB, 1x Small MSB and 1x MSB, I should have 500 MSP in totoal, but I get 1.380 MSP...
Looks like that the amount of MSP is multiplied by the position the MSB is sitting, or the order in which the modules are added... I tried again and got 1.320 MSP...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GnoBK9zLhk_J4W1anIuglJV5DpW0h2BI

Confirmed and fixed.

The following users thanked this post: TMaekler

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 02:27:56 PM »
This is save game compatible. It can only be used to patch v1.6.3

I think the it should read "It can only be used to patch v1.6.2" like the title suggests

Thanks - I updated it.

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2020, 02:29:30 PM »
Hardly game-breaking but the medal conditions screen doesn't update unless you close & reopen the medals screen.

Offline Demonides

• Gold Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2020, 02:31:07 PM »
Possible solution to the error with a comma and a period in the mineral table. When the window is switched on, the default value is 0 0

https://imgur.com/WwBF7Tm

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2020, 02:31:18 PM »
Attempting to load a previous missile design that has no engine results in an error being thrown.

Function #2044: Object reference not set to instance of an object.

There are apparently other issues when trying to deploy missiles with no engines on the battlefield.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 02:34:20 PM by Inglonias »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2020, 02:32:05 PM »
Just watching the Discord. I have seen the buoy bug - I just haven't generated the enthusiasm yet to setup everything up to test it :)

There are a few bugs I am skipping over, but I am making a list. Other include making troop transport components more consistent, the Unload Max Items bug, Transit by sub-fleet, etc. I am reading all the bugs. I am just not trying to fix every single one before the next release.

EDIT: BTW I don't just watch on the Discord, I post on the Discord :)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 02:37:24 PM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: VimWabbit, UberWaffe, Ektor, redivider

Offline Ektor

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2020, 02:40:23 PM »
Steve, the discord loves you ;D

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2020, 02:44:42 PM »
Just watching the Discord. I have seen the buoy bug - I just haven't generated the enthusiasm yet to setup everything up to test it :)

There are a few bugs I am skipping over, but I am making a list. Other include making troop transport components more consistent, the Unload Max Items bug, Transit by sub-fleet, etc. I am reading all the bugs. I am just not trying to fix every single one before the next release.

EDIT: BTW I don't just watch on the Discord, I post on the Discord :)
Are you one of those trolls?  :P

Thanks for fixing the bugs I reported!

Offline Randy

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2020, 02:45:32 PM »
Possible solution to the error with a comma and a period in the mineral table. When the window is switched on, the default value is 0 0

https://imgur.com/WwBF7Tm

I'm guessing the reason for 0.1 instead of 0 is so that at least 1 mineral must be present, assuming they are minimum values and "or" comparitors.

So setting them all to 0 will get empty bodies showing up

Offline Rogtuok

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2020, 02:47:46 PM »
When i do a mineral search i get as in the attachement

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2020, 02:50:20 PM »
When i do a mineral search i get as in the attachement
I guess your decimal separator is , instead of .
Replace the 0.1 with 0,1 and it will work. Alternatively you could change the system decimal separator if you do not feel like refilling the search all the time