Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 345779 times)

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #2805 on: August 08, 2022, 04:57:30 AM »
Is Ctrl-click not working?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2806 on: August 08, 2022, 05:57:35 AM »
I believe that people on Discord mentioned that for Raiders "Player Known Systems Until ______" option is bugged and it also counts systems discovered by NPRs. But there is no report in bug forum yet and my game has currently 0 NPRs so I cannot check if that is true.

I've just looked into it and its a bug. The Raider Systems parameter is being set to zero. I'll fix for the next version.

The following users thanked this post: Black, boolybooly, Scnaeg, gpt3, lumporr

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2807 on: August 08, 2022, 08:21:07 AM »
Is Ctrl-click not working?

not for me, neither ctrl+RMB or LMB nor shift and I tried alt for luck and alt+shift etc

doesn't work in 1.3 either, I wonder if there is a setting on my PC I need to tweak?

I checked sticky keys is off and UK layout is set.

does it work for you ?

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #2808 on: August 08, 2022, 12:34:48 PM »
I must be going senile - had to reinstall Aurora from scratch after a hard drive failure. Now I cannot remember ( or see in the game ) what the pre-requisit technology is to obtain Gravitational Survey sensors at the beginniing. Can anyone help an idiot please?

DavidR

Offline cdrtwohy

• Chief Petty Officer
  • c
« Reply #2809 on: August 08, 2022, 12:44:04 PM »
I must be going senile - had to reinstall Aurora from scratch after a hard drive failure. Now I cannot remember ( or see in the game ) what the pre-requisit technology is to obtain Gravitational Survey sensors at the beginniing. Can anyone help an idiot please?

DavidR

Jump point Theory

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #2810 on: August 08, 2022, 12:51:49 PM »
cdrtwohy,

Many thanks , I will now proceed with expanding the Human race throughout the Galaxy - some hope knowing my games.

DavidR
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 01:57:34 AM by davidr »

Offline Mayne

• Leading Rate
  • M
« Reply #2811 on: August 08, 2022, 07:14:04 PM »
I know this is a brand new feature, but is the amount of raiders in the image attached "normal"? I've seen about about 100-200 raiders in both my starting system and this system one jump away and they are usually in fleets this size.

It has lead to an interesting game so far, but not quite what I was expecting :o !

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2812 on: August 09, 2022, 03:02:15 AM »
I know this is a brand new feature, but is the amount of raiders in the image attached "normal"? I've seen about about 100-200 raiders in both my starting system and this system one jump away and they are usually in fleets this size.

It has lead to an interesting game so far, but not quite what I was expecting :o !

That sounds odd. I have never seen fleets like that in any of the test games. Over what period of time has this happened?

Offline dr125

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #2813 on: August 09, 2022, 04:25:24 AM »
Just for another data point, I had raiders show up in Sol and 25 small warships, 1 larger and a few others that had commercial drives. They massacred the fighters I sent at them, but then apparently left after seeing my main fleet. I have seen a few of the small ships alone or in small groups in various systems being explored in orbit around some planets. I was about 15 years in.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 06:00:13 AM by dr125 »

The following users thanked this post: Mayne

Offline GrandNord

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #2814 on: August 09, 2022, 04:44:27 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=11545. msg161079#msg161079 date=1660032135
Quote from: Mayne link=topic=11545. msg161060#msg161060 date=1660004044

That sounds odd.  I have never seen fleets like that in any of the test games.  Over what period of time has this happened?

I had a fleet like that (maybe a little smaller) maybe 15 years in, and a second one half the size a few years later.

The bigger fleet went close to earth and hesitated back and forth next to it until they ran out of fuel, the smaller fleet periodically came to check if earth was undefended and left when they saw it was (until I managed to catch them and destroy them). 

The following users thanked this post: Mayne

Offline Mayne

• Leading Rate
  • M
« Reply #2815 on: August 09, 2022, 08:09:31 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=11545.  msg161079#msg161079 date=1660032135
Quote from: Mayne link=topic=11545.  msg161060#msg161060 date=1660004044

That sounds odd.   I have never seen fleets like that in any of the test games.   Over what period of time has this happened?

About 40 years in the first Raider was spotted in Sol and it was alone.   My peaceful little empire couldn't engage it with it's sensor/MFC resolution so it destroyed a civilian freighter and took off back into deeper space.   Things escalated from there in Sol and a neighboring system (pictured) I'm about 55 years in and have seen 4-6 fleets this size in Sol.   Like other users reported the bigger fleets seem fond to flying back and forth towards your forces until they run out of fuel.   Smaller fleets with commercial engined troop transports(I assume) fly close to earth and then fly back to their special system as best I can tell. 

The planet in the image was a small undefended colony that the raiders seemed to have taken without me noticing at some point.   Several years later I sent a scout to see what was there and found a small thermal colony signature and the fleet. 

I wanted to RP a pacifist empire that had to quickly militarize for this campaign, and I got that in spades!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 08:13:57 AM by Mayne »

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2816 on: August 10, 2022, 12:12:00 AM »
Is there some way to make system names be randomized from the selected theme, rather than just going through the theme in alphabetical order? I thought I remembered Steve saying he changed it to be randomized, but can't find any evidence on the forum of that statement...

Offline Snoman314

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #2817 on: August 10, 2022, 04:00:54 AM »
Quote from: lumporr link=topic=11545. msg161117#msg161117 date=1660121634
Quote from: nakorkren link=topic=11545. msg161116#msg161116 date=1660108320
Is there some way to make system names be randomized from the selected theme, rather than just going through the theme in alphabetical order? I thought I remembered Steve saying he changed it to be randomized, but can't find any evidence on the forum of that statement. . .

See attached image!

That's for ships.  He was asking about systems.

Offline lumporr

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • l
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2818 on: August 10, 2022, 07:18:23 PM »
Would the racial population density modifier affect anything for a population based on Ark modules? If the Ark module wasn't full, would it affect growth rates as the population nears capacity or does it only work for planets? How does it work, exactly?

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2819 on: August 11, 2022, 09:35:48 AM »
I currently cannot get any refuelling orders to work except 'refuel from stationary tankers'.

Am I doing something wrong or is this the current state of play?

e.g. for discussion, I have a tanker set to 'refuel own fleet' and a target fleet at the same location.
I tried a join and refuel order given to the tanker, which joins but then does not refuel, also join refuel & resupply which does the same, join then nothing.
After joining a tanker to a fleet I tried refuel from own tankers and this also did nothing.
I have tried the different settings on the tanker and they dont change anything and always revert to 'refuel own fleet'.

Is it me?