Author Topic: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 91373 times)

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #705 on: July 03, 2022, 09:51:36 AM »
When motionless at a recreational location, deployment time seems to reduce at 9x the passage of time rather than 10x.

I actually thought it was supposed to be 3x, and the observed faster rate was an undocumented change in my favor.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #706 on: July 07, 2022, 01:46:00 PM »
Aurora does not like medal images to be in subfolders. Works fine until you close and restart.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #707 on: July 08, 2022, 06:07:26 PM »
When exporting the medal conditions, commas in the description throw the csv file out of alignment.

The following users thanked this post: lumporr

Offline Lightning

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • L
« Reply #708 on: July 08, 2022, 11:07:11 PM »
On a related note, salvage time seems to depend only on the salvage rate of a single ship, regardless of how many ships are in the fleet. Not sure if this is working as intended, but it seems like salvage should depend on the fleet's total salvage rate.

I believe this is working as intended. I remember having this same question and being told only the modules on one ship can salvage a wreck at a time , though it might have been back in vb. I don't recall seeing anything indicating a change to that functionality in any of the change logs since I asked that question.

The following users thanked this post: nakorkren

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #709 on: July 19, 2022, 01:23:30 PM »
Not sure if this has been reported before because I have vague, near Deja Vu memories of it, but when you salvage advanced enemy energy weapons, the capacitor recharge tech received will not actually go towards a full tech grade, but only advance towards the next increment faction. See screenshot:

Instead of getting the full upgrade to capacitor recharge 4, you only advance towards 3.25, even though it presumably costs just as much research. (I managed to advance focal and frequency tech by 1 full level with the same batch of salvage after all)
This is further proven by the fact that I continued to get tech points to capacitor here, but it is not reflected on the tech screen on the right, since it most likely went to a hidden (also likel 8k RP costing) 3.5 capacitor technology.

This behavior possibly has further implications for other hidden fractional techs. Maybe in the future in might be possible to learn max engine size or power factors from salvage or espionage in some way, which will likely fall to the same code trap and instead research every fractional increment (size 124, size 125, size...) before the actual technology.

SJW: Fixed for v2.0
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 07:14:59 AM by Steve Walmsley »
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #710 on: July 21, 2022, 07:42:22 AM »
Make a training command, put fighters inside a carrier, move carrier under the training command with a tanker set to refuel own fleet.

also add a Supply ship set to Resupply own fleet (handles the maint failures assuming that all ships have at least enough MSP to repair the largest component on each ship).  I usually set this up for all my major fleets, and have these as a separate sub-fleet (along with an ammo collier) that can be detached before advancing into combat.  You do have to reset the Supply ship status periodically (at least after every save) as for some reason the status keeps reverting to No Resupply.

I think I have found the source of the resupply bug...

in FCT_Ship  there are fields for [RefuelStatus] and [OrdinanceTransferStatus] but none for [ResupplyStatus]  (there is one for [ResupplyPriority] tho).  It looks to me that when the database saves the value that's set in the dynamic memory of the program, it gets lost as the internal data structure doesn't quite match the database one. 

SJW: Fixed for v2.0
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 07:03:58 AM by Steve Walmsley »
Slàinte,

Mike

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
« Reply #711 on: July 29, 2022, 03:19:24 PM »
Getting a error, from xx - xxx times per turn, tried with days or hours, still popping up, don't destroy game but annoying...

27 years into game,

1.13.0 Function #1414: The value was either too large or too small for Decimal.

Saved the game last night, now when I try to start it I get the following error

1.13.0 Function #3248: Cannot convert object from DBnull to other types.

Clicking ok and the game starts...

The first I notice is a lost some ships, some 120 destroyers and some 60 light cruisers...  :-X
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 12:43:10 AM by ExChairman »
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #712 on: July 29, 2022, 04:21:11 PM »
Very minor thing, but when you create a Future Prototype, the event message states that the research for the item has been completed. Presumably it should say something like what happens with prototypes, i.e. "A (Future) Prototype for item xyz has been created"

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
« Reply #713 on: July 31, 2022, 12:33:58 AM »
I have a strange thing on one of my planets, my troop transports found out that there is xx genestealer units waiting for pickup? But only when I try to load, might be why there is a string of #1415 errors?
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #714 on: July 31, 2022, 06:55:17 AM »
Getting a error, from xx - xxx times per turn, tried with days or hours, still popping up, don't destroy game but annoying...

27 years into game,

1.13.0 Function #1414: The value was either too large or too small for Decimal.

Saved the game last night, now when I try to start it I get the following error

1.13.0 Function #3248: Cannot convert object from DBnull to other types.

Clicking ok and the game starts...

The first I notice is a lost some ships, some 120 destroyers and some 60 light cruisers...  :-X

#1414 is Execute Orders - one of the largest functions in the game - I really need to start adding more granular error checking in large functions.

Its a guess, but was it possible a fleet had an order that would take a really, really, large amount of time to execute?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #715 on: July 31, 2022, 06:57:54 AM »
When exporting the medal conditions, commas in the description throw the csv file out of alignment.

Yes, I encountered this myself. Its a CSV file so I would either have to change the file format, or exclude commas from the description field.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #716 on: July 31, 2022, 07:03:34 AM »
Make a training command, put fighters inside a carrier, move carrier under the training command with a tanker set to refuel own fleet.

also add a Supply ship set to Resupply own fleet (handles the maint failures assuming that all ships have at least enough MSP to repair the largest component on each ship).  I usually set this up for all my major fleets, and have these as a separate sub-fleet (along with an ammo collier) that can be detached before advancing into combat.  You do have to reset the Supply ship status periodically (at least after every save) as for some reason the status keeps reverting to No Resupply.

I think I have found the source of the resupply bug...

in FCT_Ship  there are fields for [RefuelStatus] and [OrdinanceTransferStatus] but none for [ResupplyStatus]  (there is one for [ResupplyPriority] tho).  It looks to me that when the database saves the value that's set in the dynamic memory of the program, it gets lost as the internal data structure doesn't quite match the database one.

Good detective work. Fixed now.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #717 on: July 31, 2022, 07:05:10 AM »
When motionless at a recreational location, deployment time seems to reduce at 9x the passage of time rather than 10x.

I actually thought it was supposed to be 3x, and the observed faster rate was an undocumented change in my favor.

I think it is going back x10 but time is also moving forward so it is a net x9.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #718 on: July 31, 2022, 07:14:35 AM »
Instead of getting the full upgrade to capacitor recharge 4, you only advance towards 3.25, even though it presumably costs just as much research. (I managed to advance focal and frequency tech by 1 full level with the same batch of salvage after all)
This is further proven by the fact that I continued to get tech points to capacitor here, but it is not reflected on the tech screen on the right, since it most likely went to a hidden (also likel 8k RP costing) 3.5 capacitor technology.

This one is already fixed but I forgot to mention it in the bugs list. This is true for both downloading tech and disassembling components

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #719 on: July 31, 2022, 07:30:32 AM »
I am seeing a STO hitting fighters AFTER those fighters go back and land on their mothership, despite being successfully docked. Upon being hit and taking damage, they are being detached from the fleet. For context, the carrier is inside the STO's range, so it should be a fair target, but fighters docked inside should not. This is happening repeatedly as I try to get the fighters to dock and then move the fighter away.

The STO firing decision was not checking that the last update time for active contacts was equal to the current game time. Therefore it was effectively firing at the fighter in the past, rather than the present :)

However, the only realistic scenario in which that was a problem was when something disappeared from sensors inside the STO weapon range, which was happening when the fighters landed on the mothership.

Fixed for v2.0

The following users thanked this post: db48x, nakorkren