Author Topic: Problem with an orbital miner - FIXED  (Read 1338 times)

Offline legemaine (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • l
Problem with an orbital miner - FIXED
« on: January 27, 2022, 01:52:24 AM »
Hi all, I've got a bit of time on my hands and so I'm finally getting round to properly getting stuck into the game for the first time.

I've got some orbital miners up and working in Sol on comets. The first two are working fine - but the third for some reason isnt functioning at all. I cant figure out why. All the comets are designated colonies, each miner is in orbit with the same orders, but although the mining modifiers at the bottom of the mining screen indicate that the total production should be 156, the production quantities per material in the top half of the screen stay firmly as zero. Any thoughts? One slightly unusual feature of the comet being mined is that the accessibilities of the various minerals that should be mined are uniformly 1

Thanks for your help

Legemaine

EDIT - Indeed, it was the orbital diameter - I'd checked for the first two and forgotten for the third

« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 03:21:19 AM by legemaine »

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
Re: Problem with an orbital miner
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 02:46:52 AM »
Is the size of the comet perhaps larger than your technology for orbital mining allows?

The following users thanked this post: legemaine

Offline Kiero

• Bronze Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • In space no one can hear you scream.
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: Problem with an orbital miner
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 03:11:06 AM »
Go to "System View Window" and mark OM Eligible.
ME next to a system body name will tell you if you could use orbital miners on it.

The following users thanked this post: legemaine