Author Topic: Twelve Colonies Comments Thread  (Read 22153 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Twelve Colonies Comments Thread
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2022, 04:06:24 PM »
Where did the Agamemnon system on the galactic map come from? I thought it might be the homeworld of the raiders, but it looks like it has jump points, unlike the homeworld.

I would assume it has been intel from interrogating captured ship crew (probably Stave as they are the only non-spoiler race Steve is at war with) as systems can be one of the intel items received.

Yes, that's correct.

Offline Pury

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2022, 05:56:20 AM »
Sorry for asking such a silly question, but where is the map you are talking about? I looked for it for 10 minutes and could not find it :/ May I ask for directions or a link perhaps? Thanks in advance!

Offline Tavik Toth

• Chief Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2022, 06:33:44 AM »
Sorry for asking such a silly question, but where is the map you are talking about? I looked for it for 10 minutes and could not find it :/ May I ask for directions or a link perhaps? Thanks in advance!
It's the last image at the bottom of the post

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2022, 06:38:34 AM »
In the case that your browser has trouble displaying it as part of the page and/or post, which is possible, here is a direct link you can open in a new tab or window, or just download it to your computer:
http://www.pentarch.org/steve/Screenshots/BSG099.PNG

The following users thanked this post: skoormit, Pury, gpt3

Offline Pury

« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2022, 07:38:29 AM »
I tried to open the link on 3 different browsers, still does not work :/ It is really strange, as in previous campaigns I could see all the maps and other stuff. Now those are gone too :/ Downloading does not work too.

Offline Pury

« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2022, 07:48:15 AM »
I tried to open the link on 3 different browsers, still does not work :/ It is really strange, as in previous campaigns I could see all the maps and other stuff. Now those are gone too :/ Downloading does not work too.

Played around with the link, And I got myself into the index itself. Then I manually found the screenshot I was looking for. Thanks for your help ^^.

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2022, 07:51:42 AM »
If you don't see any pictures on the forum, you probably have "https" in the URL. You need to remove that "s" to make images show up.

Offline Rince Wind

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2022, 01:04:29 PM »
Or the browser automatically blocks pictures from not-https sites.

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2022, 02:42:10 PM »
Steve, can you regale us with tales of some of the bugs you’ve discovered recently?

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2022, 05:55:58 AM »
Steve, can you regale us with tales of some of the bugs you’ve discovered recently?

Yesterday I noticed explosion and EW impact contacts were no longer appearing on the map. That turned out to be due to the new 1-second pulses, because the interrupt associated with the explosion didn't stop the game in the middle of a 5-second interrupt, so the explosion contact was removed when time moved on again.

I've been playing quite a lot lately as the current campaign is very interesting, but still finding a few bugs. However, I have a lot of holidays coming up in the next couple of months. 10-day and 14-day trips in the motorhome and a 9-day boating holiday, plus TT fortnight on the island, all before the end of June, so I think it is unlikely (but not impossible) v2.0 is happening now before July, despite my earlier optimism.

The following users thanked this post: db48x

Offline Sebmono

• Chief Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2022, 06:49:51 AM »
However, I have a lot of holidays coming up in the next couple of months. 10-day and 14-day trips in the motorhome and a 9-day boating holiday, plus TT fortnight on the island, all before the end of June, so I think it is unlikely (but not impossible) v2.0 is happening now before July, despite my earlier optimism.
Enjoy your holidays!!! Travel safe and have fun.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2022, 08:00:25 AM »
...I have a lot of holidays coming up in the next couple of months. 10-day and 14-day trips in the motorhome and a 9-day boating holiday, plus TT fortnight on the island, all before the end of June, so I think it is unlikely (but not impossible) v2.0 is happening now before July, despite my earlier optimism.

Yes!
I started a 1.13 campaign about a month ago, thinking it would just be a short-lived jaunt before 2.0 hit
But I've become enamored with it.

I shouldn't be surprised, I guess.
I've yet to start an Aurora campaign that I did not become enamored with.

So, the Federal Republic of Othrys cordially wishes you good travels.

The following users thanked this post: doodle_sm

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2022, 03:32:32 AM »
Yesterday I noticed explosion and EW impact contacts were no longer appearing on the map. That turned out to be due to the new 1-second pulses, because the interrupt associated with the explosion didn't stop the game in the middle of a 5-second interrupt, so the explosion contact was removed when time moved on again.

And that’s something you’ll only likely notice if you’re actually in combat, which bodes well for the next update.

But I notice that is is only a singular story! I bet you have more…

Offline kilo

• Lt. Commander
  • k
« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2022, 03:41:25 AM »
...I have a lot of holidays coming up in the next couple of months. 10-day and 14-day trips in the motorhome and a 9-day boating holiday, plus TT fortnight on the island, all before the end of June, so I think it is unlikely (but not impossible) v2.0 is happening now before July, despite my earlier optimism.

Yes!
I started a 1.13 campaign about a month ago, thinking it would just be a short-lived jaunt before 2.0 hit
But I've become enamored with it.

I shouldn't be surprised, I guess.
I've yet to start an Aurora campaign that I did not become enamored with.

So, the Federal Republic of Othrys cordially wishes you good travels.

I am in some sort of sunk cost fallacy. My point of view is that investing in a new 1.13 campaign is pointless, as 2.0 brings so many new features and is right around the corner -- for 6 month now. I know that Steve is just trolling me personally and will drop the new version two days after I give up waiting. He is just that kind of a guy.

The following users thanked this post: Kristover, El Pip, BigBacon, skoormit

Offline Shuul

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2022, 09:54:39 AM »

I think it is unlikely (but not impossible) v2.0 is happening now before July, despite my earlier optimism.

From one side im happy that the game progressing, bugs are being squashed and you having much fun with it. :)
From another side it makes me sad knowing that it will not come soon enough to get distracted, as its the only game I like that can run on my laptop I grabbed when was leaving home behind.  :'(
Anyway, looking forward to new version whenever it comes, and thanks for regular campaign updates!