Author Topic: Aurora 4x C#: Four Stars - A Letsplay Series with a Starting Scenario  (Read 3437 times)

Offline SpaceMarine (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
In this post I will be going over details for a starting scenario that anyone can play and that I myself am playing. This scenario is inspired by Battlestar Galactica and Steves original 12 colonies AAR which never actually started. Below you will find the save file, details on the planets, Stars and worlds as well as any needed information to get up and running, you will also find the 1st episode of this new series if you want to play along with me in the background or what have you, as well as the house rules I will be observing.

--
House Rules

A. No mass Drivers allowed
B. No more then 50% of Labs on the world allowed for a single project
--
In Game Settings

Research Rate: 20%
Survey Rate: 20%
Terraforming Rate: 50%
0 NPRs at game start

Rest is Default, you can however adjust these once you are ingame to whatever you like but this is how I like to play the Game
--
Race Information

Race: Human
Home System: Seranus
Technology Level: Approximately Nuclear Pulse@
Population: 1 Billion spread across four stars and their Planets
Naval Tonnage: 200kt (Aprox)
Commercial Tonnage: 600kt (Aprox)
--
Planets and their Specialities
Seranus is a Quaternary star system with each star having planets with some level of population, below you will find each star,  the populated planets and moons that orbit them
--
Seranus-A   

Ephus - Large Population Centre, Research hub and Commercial shipping base
Population: 240 Million
Installations: 25x Research Facilities, 75x Maintenance Facilities, 5x Deep space tracking stations, 1x Spaceport
Shipyards: 1x 100kt (C), 1x2 60kt (C), 1x1 60kt (C), 1x2 50kt (C), 1x3 15kt (C), 1x1 10kt (C)

Todomia - Naval Headquarters, Secondary Research
Population: 50 Million
Installations: 10x Research Facilities, 150x Maintenance Facilities, 3x Military Academy, 2x Naval Headquarters

Durn (Moon of Todomia) - Mining Outpost
Population: 2 million
Installations: 20x Mines, 1x Cargo Shuttle Station, 400x Infrastructure

Laforia - Mining Outpost
Population: 10 Million
Installations: 100x Mines, 1x Cargo Shuttle Station, 2000x Infrastructure

Kalt (Moon of Laforia) - Secondary Production, Ordinance and Fighter production, Small Naval Vessel Production
Population: 75 million
Installations: 150x Construction Factories, 200x Ordinance Factories, 25x Fighter Factories, 25x Maintenance Facilities, 1x Spaceport
Shipyards: 1x 3kt (N), 1x4 1kt (N), 1x2 1kt (N)
--
Seranus-B

Istrunus - Ground Force Construction Base, Tertiary Production
Population: 75 Million
Installations: 8x Ground force Construction Complex, 75x Construction Factory, 1x Spaceport

Othea - Research Outpost
Population: 2 million
Installations: 1x Research Lab, 400x Infrastructure

Veulia - Primary Production, Economic Centre
Population: 125 Million
Installations: 275x Construction Factories, 200x Financial Centres, 75x Maintenance Facilities, 1x Spaceport

Cevulia (Moon of Veulia) - Fuel Production, Economic Centre
Population: 40 Million
Installations: 100x Fuel Refinery, 200x Financial Centre, 1x Refuelling Station
--
Seranus-C

Varme - No Speciality
Population: 5 Million
Installations: 1000 Infrastructure

Tropiskan - Capital Ship Production
Population: 50 Million
Installations: 100x Maintenance Facility, 1x Spaceport
Shipyards: 1x2 25kt (N)
--
Seranus-D

Thodalia - Primary Mining world and Largest Population Centre, Frigate Construction
Population: 275 Million
Installations: 600x Mine, 100x Maintenance Facility
Shipyards: 1x2 7.5kt (N)

Dilmara - Tertiary Research Hub, Destroyer Production.
Population: 40 Million
Installations: 5x Research Facility
Shipyards: 1x2 12.5kt (N), 1x1 12.5kt (N)

Itera - Non Speciality
Population: 1 Million
Installations: 200x Infrastructure
--
Note: Some colonies with shipyards and most do not have maintenance supplies or fuel, you will need to move fuel from existing tankers and or wait for fuel harvesting, making these logistics work is part of the challenge.
--
While this lists all the installations, shipyards and population, there is a lot more to go over such as the ship designs, ground forces, naval organization, minerals etc which I cant do here however if you watch the series or open this into your game yourself you can go over it, as stated this was inspired by battlestar galactica 12 colonies and shares many of the same things, there are a few differences and less colonies overall but nonetheless it shares similitaries.

Below you will find the save file, the small instructions on how to install it as well as the 1st episode in the series.

Installation Instructions: To install you need to download the 7zip file attached to this thread and then replace the DB file in the aurora folder you want to install the scenario to with the one found in the 7zip file, once done you should be able to open up the exe and loaded straight into the scenario at the 1st of January, furthermore you will need to replace the station Icons and Races file when you move the files located in the Four Stars 7zip as I use AIstars stations pack and shadows race enhancement pack, full credit to both of them.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 09:28:15 AM by SpaceMarine »

The following users thanked this post: Count Sessine, Madzak, Neophyte, Black, doodle_sm, Warer, AJS1956, Vastrat

Offline Neophyte

• Gold Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
quick things I noticed loading your DB:
1) it will throw errors if you don't have the AIstar stations and Shadow's Images races installed - for other players, these are located in the sticky threads in the Image Enhancements subforum (or you can just change them yourself in the race screen)

2) there is a huge problem with jump points - every so often it throws a "1.13.0 Function #2586: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" while surveying JP locations normally, or a whole pile at once if you SM a full grav survey.  Not sure what's going on but it seems like it can't generate new systems when you normally would discover a JP (and no JP is generated either).  Unless you want a real short LP you'll need to fix that  :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 06:41:31 PM by Neophyte »

The following users thanked this post: doodle_sm, SpaceMarine

Offline Fistandantillus7

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • F
  • Discord Username: Fistandantillus7#1567

Offline SpaceMarine (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Aurora 4x C#: Four Stars - Fixed Jump point issues and Image Issue
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2022, 12:14:29 AM »
quick things I noticed loading your DB:
1) it will throw errors if you don't have the AIstar stations and Shadow's Images races installed - for other players, these are located in the sticky threads in the Image Enhancements subforum (or you can just change them yourself in the race screen)

2) there is a huge problem with jump points - every so often it throws a "1.13.0 Function #2586: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" while surveying JP locations normally, or a whole pile at once if you SM a full grav survey.  Not sure what's going on but it seems like it can't generate new systems when you normally would discover a JP (and no JP is generated either).  Unless you want a real short LP you'll need to fix that  :)

Thanks a lot for bringing this to my attention I can tell you that I have now fixed both:

1-A, I have added both packs to the 7zip download with of course full credit provided, so anyone who downloads the zip file should be able to get up and running easier

2-A, I looked in the database and it looks like the issue was that during the period i was creating the system the game seemingly confused jump points of "sol" the starting system with that of the new system, as such they had the same ID in the database and that was causing issues when you surveyed or added new jump points, I have changed these values and it is now working, let me know if you have anymore issues and I am sorry about this but I didnt expect this to be a problem, this will require people to restart if they are playing but its good we caught this early.

Note: Was a tiny thing basically, if you want to save your "save" and want to go into the DB, all you have to do is gone in, find the jump point table, edit the game ID from 68 to 67 for 3 of the supposed jump points in the seranus system under system ID 4967, and then write those changes, head back into the game, turn SM on and add 4 jump points or however many you wan
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 12:20:38 AM by SpaceMarine »

The following users thanked this post: Neophyte

Offline SpaceMarine (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral

The following users thanked this post: Neophyte, unkfester, AJS1956, Vastrat

Offline SpaceMarine (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Aurora 4x C# - Four Stars - Episode 3 - New World Blues
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2022, 12:22:34 PM »

The following users thanked this post: Neophyte, AJS1956, Vastrat

Offline SpaceMarine (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral

The following users thanked this post: Neophyte, AJS1956, Vastrat

Offline SpaceMarine (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
= Aurora 4x C#: Four Stars - Episode 5 - Logistics Handling
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2022, 10:08:01 AM »

The following users thanked this post: Neophyte, AJS1956

Offline RaidersOfTheVerge

• Petty Officer
  • R
I think I'm going to give this a try. I'm sure probably have other questions, but 1 right off. How are you handling the 50% of labs max per project on worlds with small numbers of labs? Especially the world with only 1 lab? Is the 5 labs world limited to 2, 2, 1 lab per project? The world with 10+ labs are easier to deal with.

Offline SpaceMarine (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
I do it per planet, feel free to adjust the rules to how you want though, as I stated this is just how I like to play aurora normally.

• Petty Officer
  • R
I do it per planet, feel free to adjust the rules to how you want though, as I stated this is just how I like to play aurora normally.

The main issue was 50% of 1 is 0.5 so so it wasn't worthless I did round up, but only for 1. So 5 is still 2,2,1.

I was really worried about fuel until I realized there was 8mil in each of the 3 tankers.

Already a year 1/4 in. I love how fast AC# is early game! I'm saving every year if you want to compare at some point.
Not changing any of the scenario rules. But I'm sure things will diverge, my default play style is a bit different though my last
game has 50 research, 50 % Terra and50Z% survey as well so not as different as my previous ones.

Next new game I want to be the Bugs. probably my 50% defaults for research, terra and survey but like for racial 20% research, always hostile, 200% industry, 200%+ pop growth, 2-4 time density, wide range of temp, pressure, %O2, maybe slightly narrower gravity or skewed higher.

• Petty Officer
  • R
Just noticed something I didn't think was possible. Thje Outreach Military Jump Tender has a military jump drive but civ engines and can be built at a Civ yard. I'll roll with it here, but this sounds sketchy to me.
I'm planning to make a variant that is a true transit support ship, as fast as the Tyrders and with refuling and resupply abilities.

Code: [Select]
Outreach ER class Military Jump Tender      19,850 tons       384 Crew       1,994.5 BP       TCS 397    TH 640    EM 0
1612 km/s    JR 3-50      Armour 1-65       Shields 0-0       HTK 79      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 1      PPV 0
MSP 5,062    Max Repair 1487.2 MSP
Cargo Shuttle Multiplier 2   
Commander    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months   

Ephus Jump Systems EJS-25K Jump Drive     Max Ship Size 25000 tons    Distance 50k km     Squadron Size 3

Tropiska Drive Systems TDS-160C Nuclear Pulse Engine (4)    Power 640    Fuel Use 7.07%    Signature 160    Explosion 5%
Fuel Capacity 2,400,000 Litres    Range 307.8 billion km (2209 days at full power)
Refuelling Capability: 50,000 litres per hour     Complete Refuel 48 hours
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 09:27:20 PM by RaidersOfTheVerge »

Offline SpaceMarine (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Thats normal, a military jump drive can jump with commercial engines.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
Just noticed something I didn't think was possible. Thje Outreach Military Jump Tender has a military jump drive but civ engines and can be built at a Civ yard. I'll roll with it here, but this sounds sketchy to me.

It's a little counterintuitive, but both types of jump drives are commercial components.
So as long as your military jump tender doesn't have any actual military components, it does indeed count as a commercial ship.

• Petty Officer
  • R

It's a little counterintuitive, but both types of jump drives are commercial components.
So as long as your military jump tender doesn't have any actual military components, it does indeed count as a commercial ship.

And I just found out they can't self jump. The Military JT can let a military ship jump, but needs a commercial JD ship to be able to make a transit.