Author Topic: How prevent survey ships entering alien system  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Count Sessine (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • C
How prevent survey ships entering alien system
« on: July 18, 2022, 07:18:22 AM »
Hi guys

I searched but can't find an answer: is there a way to prevent survey ships from straying into systems with known hostile aliens? I have my survey fleet on standing orders to survey 'next system'.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
Re: How prevent survey ships entering alien system
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2022, 11:33:33 AM »
Hi guys

I searched but can't find an answer: is there a way to prevent survey ships from straying into systems with known hostile aliens? I have my survey fleet on standing orders to survey 'next system'.

On the Galactic Map, on the Overview tab, there is a dropdown for "Control Race."
On the Movement Orders tab there are some checkboxes on the right side. One of them is "Exclude Alien-Controlled."
Ticking that box will, when giving auto-route orders to a fleet, suppress any options that would require transiting through an alien controlled system.

It may be the case that it will also prevent a fleet from moving to such a system via standing orders.
I'm not sure, though. Try it and see?

• Chief Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 07:34:08 AM »
Hi guys

On the Galactic Map, on the Overview tab, there is a dropdown for "Control Race."
On the Movement Orders tab there are some checkboxes on the right side. One of them is "Exclude Alien-Controlled."
Ticking that box will, when giving auto-route orders to a fleet, suppress any options that would require transiting through an alien controlled system.

It may be the case that it will also prevent a fleet from moving to such a system via standing orders.
I'm not sure, though. Try it and see?

Thanks for taking the time. I can't find that checkbox. Maybe I'm blind :) I figured out how to configure the survey ships standing orders to prevent them from wandering into unsurveyed systems,

Offline lumporr

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • l
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2022, 08:07:07 AM »
Quote from: Count Sessine link=topic=13007.  msg160703#msg160703 date=1658234048
Quote from: skoormit link=topic=13007.  msg160697#msg160697 date=1658162013
Quote from: Count Sessine link=topic=13007.  msg160696#msg160696 date=1658146702
Hi guys

On the Galactic Map, on the Overview tab, there is a dropdown for "Control Race.  "
On the Movement Orders tab there are some checkboxes on the right side.   One of them is "Exclude Alien-Controlled.  "

I'm not sure, though.   Try it and see?

Thanks for taking the time.   I can't find that checkbox.   Maybe I'm blind :) I figured out how to configure the survey ships standing orders to prevent them from wandering into unsurveyed systems,

Does this help? (see attachments)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2022, 09:26:12 AM »
Ahh, thanks, man.

The following users thanked this post: lumporr