Author Topic: v2.0.2 Bugs Thread  (Read 9913 times)

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
Re: v2.0.2 Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2022, 05:50:50 PM »
 --- Seems to be a missing button...

Its a disabled button, rather than missing. You can't delete the last game.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 05:52:43 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline pwhk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • p
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2022, 07:45:30 PM »
Minor issue, in Commander history, entries for assignments to administration commands are duplicated. (Auto assignment to commands is ON)

SJW: Fixed for v2.1
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 09:17:26 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2022, 07:46:40 PM »
It appears that the base rate of 200 Commanders per Military Academy Installation in game setup was not adjusted to take into account the doubled Commander gain speed and the fact that Administrators and Scientists got their rates basically halved in this change:

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=12523.msg157218#msg157218

This means a 2.0 start has effectively half as many Scientists and Administrators as 1.3 which is probably unintended.

SJW: Number of starting commanders in v1.13 was 100 per academy so rate has doubled. I'll increase minimum starting commanders from 150 to 300.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 05:56:53 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: Snoman314

Offline mtm84

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2022, 08:10:54 PM »
Minor UI issue, could be a bug, could be WAI, might have been overlooked.  If you select a fleet in the Naval Organization window, then select a ship in another fleet, and then click on the Fleet tab, it will show the fleet information of the original fleet you first selected, and not the fleet of the new ship you selected.  Based on behavior, I believe the Fleet tab is only being updated when you actually select a new fleet.  If not intended then you may want to consider it, imo it would make sense to update the fleet tab to show the information of whatever fleet the current ship belongs to.

SJW: It is a 'bug', but I am going to leave it alone for now and fix when I have a lot of time to deal with the resultant consequences of changing it.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 08:53:13 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Ragnarsson

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2022, 10:00:06 PM »
This isn't really a bug, more of a visual oddity. In the System View window there is a truncated snippet of (what seems to be) an image, on the upper-right of the window. The area is highlighted on the attached image.

SJW: Can't reproduce. The window looks a different width than normal.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 08:56:32 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline joshuawood

• Chief Petty Officer
  • j
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2022, 10:01:11 PM »
There is a rare bug which causes the raiders to spawn troops on your planets (for me it's only been mars)

https://i.imgur.com/7hHWPue.png

In the pic you can see i just detect a population out of no where (if it loads) after a 1020s turn.

I can detect their ships literally days flight away from sol and in the case of their troop transports (of which i have killed many) i can detect them even further out.

On top of that i have a fleet of destroyers in orbit of mars and STOs looking for ships.

As far as i am aware there is no possible way the raiders got a ship in, landed troops and left in their ships in 1020s without me detecting them.

Offline mtm84

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2022, 10:45:47 PM »
This isn't really a bug, more of a visual oddity. In the System View window there is a truncated snippet of (what seems to be) an image, on the upper-right of the window. The area is highlighted on the attached image.

This is a side effect of the new "wide view" option for that window (the button is near the bottom middle of the window), it is the Race image.  Steve can probably tweak it so its better hidden on the "normal" view.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 10:48:01 PM by mtm84 »

Offline cdrtwohy

• Chief Petty Officer
  • c
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2022, 10:47:32 PM »

This is a side effect of the new "wide view" option for that window (the button is on the bottom right), it is the Race image.  Steve can probably tweak it so its better hidden on the "normal" view.

yeah thats what we came up with in the discord

Offline simast

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2022, 12:38:34 AM »
Race Information -> Academies tab lists 5 "Officer Graduates per Year" per academy (I understand this should be 10 with new 2.0 rules).

SJW: Display Bug. Fixed for v2.1
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 08:58:44 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Winged

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • W
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2022, 02:38:36 AM »
This can be related to https://aurora2.  pentarch.  org/index.  php?topic=13028.  msg160997;topicseen#msg160997, although the function number is different.   

I get multiple errors when open "Create Research Project" window and check "show next tech" flag.  This is likely related to some of the drop-downs on the left being empty for some reason.  These drop-downs are mostly, or always (I'm not that familiar with the research tree yet) associated with non-researchable properties of the project, such as "Search Sensor / Missile Fire Control" drop-down list.  When "Show next tech" is checked, such drop-downs are empty, thus preventing creation of related prototype component designs.
The error number is always seems to be #2635.

Steps to reproduce:
  • Create a new game with default settings
  • Open "Create Research Project" window
  • Check "Show next tech".     This results in an error.     Close it.   
  • Point your mouse pointer to project type drop-down (Active Sensors / Missile Fire Control by default) and scroll your mouse wheel to list through all types.     Observe multiple errors.   
The project types affected are:
  • Active Sensors / Missile Fire Control
  • Beam Fire Control
  • Gauss Cannon
  • Jump Engines
  • Missile Launchers

« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 03:55:25 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Winged

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • W
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2022, 03:19:03 AM »
Aslo, when "Show next tech" is checked and you select a component type that has a "Capacitor recharge rate" drop-down in it, if you choose a different value other than the default one or the value that you have already researched, there is an error of varying number, depending on the component type.
The component types and their respective errors are provided below:
  • High Power Microwave: #2621
  • Laser: #2631
  • Meson Cannon: #2627
  • Particle Beam: #2626
  • Plasma Carronade: #2628
  • Railgun: #2629

« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 07:50:04 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2022, 04:56:33 AM »
small refuelling system not working

see below, I tested by SMing in a standard refuelling system and was able to get the 'refuel from stationary tankers' order with the same setup see 'bug 03.jpg' (the second screeny) just to show it was not my mistake

but with the small refuelling system the order does not show see 'bug 3b.jpg' (the first screeny) and I cannot rescue my ship

How large was the ship you were trying to refuel?
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=12523.msg158379#msg158379

btw before I forget, interesting thing I noticed about that was when I had both systems on the same ship, it still would not refuel, so the small RS check blocks the standard RS access, FYI, though I am not sure its very important as you are not likely to do that in any real play situation, unless you were tractoring a fighter refuel base with a small RS using a tanker tug with a large RS, then it might get messy, havent tested that yet (or trying to refuel between ships with both, will try it later)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 04:58:55 AM by boolybooly »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2022, 05:58:54 AM »
small refuelling system not working

see below, I tested by SMing in a standard refuelling system and was able to get the 'refuel from stationary tankers' order with the same setup see 'bug 03.jpg' (the second screeny) just to show it was not my mistake

but with the small refuelling system the order does not show see 'bug 3b.jpg' (the first screeny) and I cannot rescue my ship

How large was the ship you were trying to refuel?
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=12523.msg158379#msg158379

btw before I forget, interesting thing I noticed about that was when I had both systems on the same ship, it still would not refuel, so the small RS check blocks the standard RS access, FYI, though I am not sure its very important as you are not likely to do that in any real play situation, unless you were tractoring a fighter refuel base with a small RS using a tanker tug with a large RS, then it might get messy, havent tested that yet (or trying to refuel between ships with both, will try it later)

The small craft refuelling system system only works between ships of 1000 tons or less (the tanker and the ship being refueled have to be 1000 tons or less).

The following users thanked this post: boolybooly

Offline punchkid

• Chief Petty Officer
  • p
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2022, 06:11:03 AM »
Just upgraded from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 and now I'm getting the following error on game startup on a game that worked fine on 2.0.1 before upgrade:
2.0.2 Function #1170: Object cannot cast from DBNull to other types
Followed by a lot of:
2.0.2 Function #3040: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

After getting into the game it looks like all my fleets are no longer orbiting their respective bodies, including empty fleets.

So I assume the errors have something to do with this.
Telling all fleets to move to their planets again and then passing time for another construction cycle I get error:
2.0.2 Function #1550: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
And then a bunch of error: 2.0.2 Function #3040: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
again and my fleets are again not orbiting. and are now millions of km away from the planet bodies they were orbiting.

The errors are related to loading system bodies, colony cost and orbital movement. Have you had orbital movement turned off at some point?

No, orbital movement has been on the whole time.
I do have a system with asteroids inside the star, but that has been that way for years and didn't cause an issue before upgrade, although I have tried reverting back to 2.0.1 and am getting the same errors.
Could be caused by loading the game I presume, as the upgrade was the first time I closed and reopened the game.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2022, 06:21:15 AM »
Minor issue, in Commander history, entries for assignments to administration commands are duplicated. (Auto assignment to commands is ON)

This is an old one. Pretty much the problem is tgat everytime you assign a job it gets logged in. So even if by mistake manually or by automatic check, everytime there is an assignment it ends up in the log.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 09:00:59 AM by Steve Walmsley »