Author Topic: Resolution 63-002 Formatting and Formal Titles of bills and Resolutions  (Read 2303 times)

Offline Detjen (OP)

• Lieutenant
Formatting and Formal Titles of bills and Resolutions
Author : Jayne Casey
Second: Orion Starion
Date :  January 2063 (June 3rd 2011)

Body
  Since the encouragement of debate bill was passed, and in it brought up proper formatting and layouts I would like to propose a version of layouts and bill titling that I feel would be potentially the best. I propose three things

1 all proposals put forth before the senate should be called a bill,  and numbered in the order that they were proposedas well as the year proposed.  after voting if the bill is accept it is then referred to as a Resolution and in the number given to the bill  example would be our Encuragment of debate bill.  if we consider this bill Resolution 1 the first and formal bill to go through our system, then we can  then refer to it as being Resolution 63-1 and avoid lengthy titles.   a Database of passed Resolutions can be kept handy and anyone who needs to may refer to it for quick and easy refrence.  previous bills that were called resolutions by my self, can simply be reordered after our first resolution or since they resulted in direct amendment of the charter they may be considered Amendments rather than resolutions.

2. Amendments shall be bills put forth to change the wording in the charter,  this would include new ministries, changing the jobs of ministries and so forth.

3.  Bill layout-  I propose that the layout put forth below be used to  crate a standard guide for all bills/resolutions and amendments that may come forth

Number and Title: The bill number and title of your bill/amendment (Examble  Bill 3(year) Amendment to divide the ministry of infrasturctor)
   Date:  The Month (Day?) and year of the bill is being issued.  (in perenthisies the Real life date so I know how long the bill has been on the floor, is a day nessisary for the in game date since about a month will pass in each turn, depending on situations in the game)
   Author: the person authoring the Bill
   Seconded:  the person who seconds the bill, without a second the bill does not move forward.
   Body : this will be the section where you lay out the speed and actual proposal of your bill making clear what you wish to see happen from your bill. The body should be broken into two clear parts the "Observation" and the "Resolution" the observation is what you see needing to be changed, the resolution what you feel would bring about the change, the proposed action to be taken by the senate.
   Extraneous : Any other important information, such as if you wish for an extended debate time (more than 24 hours real life)

changes made to the bill as discussion goes on would be as followed:
  words removed would be struck out,  any words added to the bill after its initial posting would be placed in bold.  all examination's for the changes would be placed after the Extraneous line.
below is not a real bill but rather another example of what a bill in progress may look like, this is not a real bill

Number and Title: Bill 93-102,  Tax breaks for the miners of Europa
Date:  September 2093 (6/3/11)
Author: Jayne Casey
Seconded: 
Body : With the establishment of a new mining colony on the moon of Europa promising to bring in sorely needed resources for our planet, a new worry as arisen.  a lack of willing miners do to the costs associated with moving into the outer solar system.

to help see these miners to our new mining facilities I propose the following tax breaks.
iBreak for using state shuttle service 25% refund to cost of moving to the planet, including; moving, flights, purchase of housing for 46 months
ii. 5% tax credit for Miner occupations, and 7% credit for Miners living and working on Europa
iii. Free medicare for familyfor miners working and living on Europa
Extraneous : This bill should need a 72 hour debate time before voting occurs
Alterations:
1 Remove state shuttle proposal as state shuttle no longer exists. 25% Reufund line offered
2. Free Medicare for family stricken and replaced for miners only
3. Proposed tax break for 4 months of housing changed to 6

this I belive would create the clearest picture of the bill and its changes taking place