Author Topic: A carrier cruiser  (Read 2292 times)

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: A carrier cruiser
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2023, 06:00:31 PM »
- It's a lot of MSP for 5 tons. And it basically makes maintenance failures all but impossible, and routine stuff like FCS / Sensors fixable. A good deal if you can spare the 5 tons.

See, that's my thing: I can spare 2.5 tons, so I use fighter-size MSP instead. Also to me, the most important repair is the engine, otherwise if that breaks the fighter is stranded and helpless, so I'd rather have enough MSP for the worst case than play probabilities with the engineering space.

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2023, 10:21:41 PM »
 - Well, Eningeering Fighter is a lot of MSP for 5 tons. More than equal Maint Storage IIRC, but the rub is that you need a crew for it so depending on the design it might not be advantageous.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2023, 11:41:29 PM »
- Well, Eningeering Fighter is a lot of MSP for 5 tons. More than equal Maint Storage IIRC, but the rub is that you need a crew for it so depending on the design it might not be advantageous.

This is no longer true - I think it was once the case under some conditions but that got changed. MSP bays always give more MSP per ton than engineering spaces now.

Somewhere there is a post about the mechanics but I can't remember where offhand...