Author Topic: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 92025 times)

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #330 on: May 22, 2021, 11:36:46 PM »
I got this function error #899 when I entered the command telling this captured ship to "Absorb" another captured fleet at the same location. It may be because this fleet is set to 0 km/sec.

How did you get the speed to zero? Ships with no engines should default to 1 km/s to avoid divide by zero errors. If you set speed manually to zero then it should be corrected to 1.
Damage control?

It was a fuel harvester that the NPRs surrendered after I damaged it. I didn't modify the speed in any way, it was like that when I got it.

The zero speed was the problem, but I can't see a way for the code to generate that speed (although it did somehow). I've added some extra checks in case zero speed is set.

I've noticed this interesting occurrence twice now: after some enemy ships get hit with my missiles, they show as traveling at 0 km/sec. On the next interval, they correctly update to their new speeds. This might be related.

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #331 on: May 23, 2021, 03:45:43 AM »
When viewing contacts as targets for movement orders on the ship movement tab there are a large number of Con:SalvoID XXXX  Contacts showing up. When I look at the system display there are none visible , these odd salvo contacts have persisted for many 5 second turns and I have seen no explosions in the Solar system so I have to assume they are a lingering remenent of the missile salvo's I shot down.
The game has been in 5 second turns for several hours since those missiles were destroyed but with NPR's outside the system I do not know if they are causing that.

Offline simast

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
« Reply #332 on: May 23, 2021, 04:52:11 AM »
In game settings dialog "Detection" dropdown value does not seem to save when you change it and click "Save Settings".

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open game information dialog.
2. Change Detection from "Normal in all systems" to "Automatic without player presence".
3. Click "Save Settings".
4. Close game information dialog.
5. Open game information dialog again - dropdown is still in "Normal in all systems" state.

SJW: Fixed for v1.14
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 08:17:54 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Stryker

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
« Reply #333 on: May 23, 2021, 05:24:15 AM »
The move to gas giant with sorium standing order appears to be broken.  When I give the order to a sorium harvester, it tells me that there is no suitable destination.  However, Jupiter has over 6000000 sorium.  If I manually order the harvester to a gas giant, it works fine.
Edit: this worked fine in v1.12.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 09:14:59 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: boolybooly

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #334 on: May 23, 2021, 07:25:48 AM »
I looked at the "Alien Race" table in the DB to watch diplomacy progress with a new NPR that shot at me, and I have not noticed diplomatic relations trending back to non-war while our races are not in mutual detection range of each other.

This prevents the scenario referenced in the C# Diplomacy Changes, where a race shoots at another's survey ship, but as long as you avoid contact, relations trend back to non-war. Instead, they are remaining static according to the DB, across many construction periods.

Once I put a fleet back in mutual detection range, relations started trending back to normal. This is obviously going to be a problem if they keep trying to shoot at every ship I try to bring in diplomatic sensor range. Perhaps relations should continue trending towards baseline, regardless of whether you are in mutual detection?

The situation you describe should happen when there is contact (including populations) but no diplomacy module present or a diplomacy ship without an appropriate ccommander or when communications have not been established. Are you sure none of those is applicable in this context?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #335 on: May 23, 2021, 07:46:26 AM »
I've noticed this interesting occurrence twice now: after some enemy ships get hit with my missiles, they show as traveling at 0 km/sec. On the next interval, they correctly update to their new speeds. This might be related.

A good suggestion. I looked into but that is contact speed rather than ship speed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #336 on: May 23, 2021, 08:20:05 AM »
In game settings dialog "Detection" dropdown value does not seem to save when you change it and click "Save Settings".

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open game information dialog.
2. Change Detection from "Normal in all systems" to "Automatic without player presence".
3. Click "Save Settings".
4. Close game information dialog.
5. Open game information dialog again - dropdown is still in "Normal in all systems" state.

This was a problem for all game settings. All changes were made to the active game but not reflected in the game details window until you saved the game on the tactical map. It was the performance changes to saving that caused the problem. The correct information will now be reflected in the game details window.

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #337 on: May 23, 2021, 08:29:47 AM »
I looked at the "Alien Race" table in the DB to watch diplomacy progress with a new NPR that shot at me, and I have not noticed diplomatic relations trending back to non-war while our races are not in mutual detection range of each other.

This prevents the scenario referenced in the C# Diplomacy Changes, where a race shoots at another's survey ship, but as long as you avoid contact, relations trend back to non-war. Instead, they are remaining static according to the DB, across many construction periods.

Once I put a fleet back in mutual detection range, relations started trending back to normal. This is obviously going to be a problem if they keep trying to shoot at every ship I try to bring in diplomatic sensor range. Perhaps relations should continue trending towards baseline, regardless of whether you are in mutual detection?

The situation you describe should happen when there is contact (including populations) but no diplomacy module present or a diplomacy ship without an appropriate ccommander or when communications have not been established. Are you sure none of those is applicable in this context?

In this case, communications indeed have not yet been established. There have been a handful of commo rolls, but they are hard to come by as they keep shooting my ships, even in a neutral system that hasn't received an unintelligible message.

The following users thanked this post: unkfester

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #338 on: May 23, 2021, 08:32:32 AM »
There does not seem to be an in-game way to view Race Intelligence Points (rather than per pop intelligence points) that I can find. This may be intentionally obfuscated, although per pop intel points are shown on the Intel Screen.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 09:29:09 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #339 on: May 23, 2021, 09:22:06 AM »
Naval mines do not seem to be working. I am using a mine which consists of a 1st stage buoy with "No Engine" and active sensors (range 6mil km), containing a second stage of two anti-ship missiles with active sensors (range 6mil km). Separation distance is configured to be 5mil km.

If you use the "Launch Ready Ordnance" command, the mines erroneously disappear immediately (you don't even see them appear on the map even after a 5-second interval) unless a target is already within range, making them unusable as a long-term static defense.

Alternatively, if you target a distant waypoint (such as "Point of Interest #1") with the MFC to which the mine missile launchers are attached and "Open Fire", the mines appear on the map and persist forever. However, as you can see below, they remain targeted at the Point of Interest forever and do not retarget enemies that are in range. Even if you delete the POI, the missiles remained locked onto the non-existent POI and do nothing. Moving your ship so the mines are out of MFC range likewise does nothing, they remain locked onto the POI forever.

It is possible I am doing something wrong, but I can't find anyone else who has direct experience with working C# mines, and I am out of ideas.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 10:30:13 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: db48x

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #340 on: May 23, 2021, 09:26:24 AM »
Another bug with multi-stage missiles: Although the game appears to be correctly saving and using the designs of multi-stage missiles, you cannot load them up again in the Missile Designer.

The second-stage settings for your missiles do not load properly when selected, unlike single-stage missiles which load properly.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 09:38:42 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #341 on: May 23, 2021, 09:28:55 AM »
When loading the design of a previously saved missile, the typeable name box doesn't update with the name of the loaded missile, which becomes annoying when you go back to design a new Mark version.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 09:41:10 AM by Steve Walmsley »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #342 on: May 23, 2021, 09:48:10 AM »
If you use the "Launch Ready Ordnance" command, the mines erroneously disappear immediately (you don't even see them appear on the map even after a 5-second interval) unless a target is already within range, making them unusable as a long-term static defense.

Do you get any event associated with the disappearance of the missiles? Also, have the missiles been deducted from the magazine?

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #343 on: May 23, 2021, 09:53:33 AM »

Do you get any event associated with the disappearance of the missiles? Also, have the missiles been deducted from the magazine?

When using "Launch Ready Ordnance", the missiles are indeed deducted from the magazine. There is an entry in the fleet history that indicates the order took place. The only event log message is the one indicating the fleet "completed orders".

If there is an enemy already within range, the second stages will immediately appear (you never see the first stage) and they will target the enemy.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 10:11:14 AM by Ancalagon »

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #344 on: May 23, 2021, 10:19:08 AM »

When using "Launch Ready Ordnance", the missiles are indeed deducted from the magazine. There is an entry in the fleet history that indicates the order took place. The only event log message is the one indicating the fleet "completed orders".

If there is an enemy already within range, the second stages will immediately appear (you never see the first stage) and they will target the enemy.

I did some testing on a save backup, and deleted the "TargetID" and "TargetType" entries from the database on all existing mine salvos which had manually fired by targeting a distant waypoint (i.e. they had been stuck as buoys perpetually targeting the distant waypoint). Upon pushing time forward 5 seconds, the mines that had no enemies within range instantly disappeared, while the mines with enemies in range activated their second stages at the enemies.

It could simply be that right now all missiles without targets, even buoys, auto-self destruct if there is no target in range.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 10:21:56 AM by Ancalagon »