Author Topic: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 91098 times)

Offline Density

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
Re: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #420 on: June 15, 2021, 07:18:44 PM »
I fought some precursors, after salvaging their ships I gained 7,000 point of tech in Laminate composite armor.  ( which is currently being researched on earth with 2,000 points or so remaining) . 
on the way to sol, the fleet passes by a system that is controlled by me and contains research lab ( the system is specialized in sensor fire control research) . 
once it transits i get the message tech downloaded in the said system. 

Did the ship have "Retain Tech Data" checked? This box can be found in the naval org screen, on the misc tab when the ship (not the fleet) is selected. If it was, this is a bug. If not, not.

I cancel the research in earth to start it again in the said system and I see that the research cost has increased by 10,000.

To the best of my knowledge, Aurora doesn't handle concurrent tech progress from multiple locations. (If it did, the checkbox I mentioned above wouldn't be needed.) If you restart the project on earth, is the research cost 2k or 13k?

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #421 on: June 16, 2021, 11:29:51 AM »
I play Aurora with three monitors.
Two are side by side (one of which is my primary monitor), the third is above the other two.
All three are 1920x1080.
(I also have a fourth monitor off to the side, but I never put Aurora windows on it.)

When I open a game window (Fleet, Econ, etc.), the window opens on whichever monitor I last closed that type of window, in the same position it was in when I closed it.

At least, it tries to.
For the side-by-side monitors, it works fine.
But when the game tries to open a window on the third monitor (the one above the other two), the window appears at the very top of the monitor below.
Perhaps this happens because the y-coordinate for the window is negative (being above the top of my primary monitor), and the game just changes it to zero?

This is a minor annoyance over time, since I have to reposition such a window every time it happens.
Probably not worth a major time investment, but if it's an easy thing to fix in the code, that fix sure would be welcome.

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #422 on: June 16, 2021, 09:42:33 PM »
I'm getting occasional "Function 2824: Attempted to divide by zero" errors after boarding and capturing Swarm ships. I think it triggers each construction cycle. So far it hasn't seemed to cause any problems, though.

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #423 on: June 17, 2021, 10:19:54 PM »
Ran into another bug with boarding. This is a very niche situation, but in my game I boarded an enemy ship right before it transited into an unexplored system. This seems to have greatly confused the game. When they captured the ship in the still-unexplored system, I got a bunch of errors (including some that triggered each time I tried to scroll to zoom in or out), which persisted when I used SM mode to explore the system. Saving, closing, and reopening the game has stopped the errors, but the ships I captured appear to have vanished.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #424 on: June 17, 2021, 10:45:29 PM »
I'm getting occasional "Function 2824: Attempted to divide by zero" errors after boarding and capturing Swarm ships. I think it triggers each construction cycle. So far it hasn't seemed to cause any problems, though.

Have you lost any men?

Usually this happens in ground combat when a formation is left empty and before it gets cancelled you get the attempted to divide by zero issue.

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #425 on: June 17, 2021, 11:17:40 PM »

Have you lost any men?

Usually this happens in ground combat when a formation is left empty and before it gets cancelled you get the attempted to divide by zero issue.

No, but it likely has a similar cause, since the ships had no crew to defend them. Maybe the game is making an empty crew formation and getting confused?

Offline FjordBjorn

• Gold Supporter
  • Able Ordinary Rate
  • F
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #426 on: June 18, 2021, 11:06:19 AM »
I am getting Function error #2423 for each production cycle I run
TN start and 38 years into game

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #427 on: June 18, 2021, 11:12:28 AM »
Just got the following sequence of 1.13.0 Function errors  2608 , 222 , 224 , 2339 , all stating "object reference not set to an instance of an object".

I had to make quite a number of mouse clicks before the errors disappeared and the game seemed to begin processing orders once more.

Any thoughts on the reason for these errors ?

Are they terminal ?

DavidR
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 11:55:17 AM by davidr »

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #428 on: June 20, 2021, 10:29:16 AM »
When events are hidden on the tactical window it is still possible to click on them, which may move the tactical window to the associated system.

SJW: Fixed for v1.14
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 12:56:01 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #429 on: June 22, 2021, 12:07:11 PM »
Here's a really strange one. In the class design window, if you first rename a component, open the Select Name window, then close the window using the X button at the top of the window (the Cancel button seems to work normally), it will rename the ship class to the last component you named.

The following users thanked this post: nuclearslurpee

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #430 on: June 22, 2021, 12:51:20 PM »
Here's a really strange one. In the class design window, if you first rename a component, open the Select Name window, then close the window using the X button at the top of the window (the Cancel button seems to work normally), it will rename the ship class to the last component you named.

Can confirm this seems to happen with a few different kinds of Rename X windows.

Offline blh42

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • b
« Reply #431 on: June 23, 2021, 06:22:08 AM »
1. 13. 0 Function #755 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Happened as time progressed.  Attaching a save game from just a few days prior.  No player interractions should have occurred after the save game.

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #432 on: June 23, 2021, 09:00:46 PM »
Issue with auto-resupply for supply ships. (1.13)

As an experiment in my fleet standard I am now putting a fleet train as a subfleet to my main fleets, usually consisting of a tanker, collier, supply ship and hospital ship.  The purpose is to cut down on the micro involved with particularly the training squadron so that all regular units are kept to full capacity in fuel and MSP, and I can use conditionals to make sure that the tanker and supply ship replenish themselves when they get below 20%. It should mean that I only need to worry about brigning individual ships in when either they exceed deployment or complete training, and as long as I design the classes with sufficient on board maintenance I don't need to worry about individual component failures Its a bit more involved when the fleet is out on maneuvers rather than orbiting a base planet but still helpful.

I set the support units up to auto refuel/load ammo/resupply their own fleet as appropriate.

The tankers appear to work correctly, refueling the rest of the fleet as it goes, but the supply ships don't retain the auto resupply status, reverting to "no auto resupply" on a regular basis, This is whether the supply ship is in the subfleet or the main fleet.  If you enable auto supply again and there are some units that are not at maximum MSP then they will be replenished, but it will revert again shortly after.  I have not seen anything with the colliers but have had no ammunition expenditures by fleets with support available (all major combat has been beam only so far).

update: just had a small encounter which used missiles and the attached ammunition colliers also worked as expected so the issue is only with supply ships.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 09:33:35 AM by ZimRathbone »
Slàinte,

Mike

The following users thanked this post: papent, Demetrious

Offline Blogaugis

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #433 on: June 25, 2021, 02:33:23 PM »
Is this intentional, that you can assign ground force officers to formations with no HQ unit?

Offline Demetrious

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • D
« Reply #434 on: June 25, 2021, 05:46:57 PM »
Issue with auto-resupply for supply ships. (1.13)

I have also experienced this. The auto-refuel drop-down box setting, however, works properly.