Author Topic: Diplomatic ship  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Golem666 (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • G
Diplomatic ship
« on: January 05, 2021, 03:52:23 PM »
Hey, I've met my first not immediately hostile NPR and sent a diplomatic ship to them but after I deciphered their language they have been telling me he leave that system, how do improve relation with them when they don't allow diplomatic ships in their territory?

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Diplomatic ship
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 04:07:06 PM »
Hey, I've met my first not immediately hostile NPR and sent a diplomatic ship to them but after I deciphered their language they have been telling me he leave that system, how do improve relation with them when they don't allow diplomatic ships in their territory?

Well, to leave will be the first step  ;)

You need to wait for encounters on more friendly ground but mostly will be determined by their level of xenophobia.

The following users thanked this post: Golem666

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 04:27:03 PM »

Try to find somewhere they feel less threatened to have the discussion. If the USA sailed a warship up the Yangtze to show how friendly they were, it might not work out as hoped.

Also it depends on the tone. If they are suggesting you leave, you might be able to overcome the diplomacy hit with a good diplomat. If they demand you leave urgently, then either leave urgently or ready the fleet.

The following users thanked this post: Golem666

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 04:34:22 PM »

Try to find somewhere they feel less threatened to have the discussion. If the USA sailed a warship up the Yangtze to show how friendly they were, it might not work out as hoped.

Didn't we do that to the Japanese?

I guess they DID end up declaring war on us in the end.

The following users thanked this post: Warer

Offline Golem666 (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 05:00:30 PM »
Thanks everyone for help, solved it by leaving their home system and moving to one neighbouring it, there they are willing to talk.  One more question, do they mind ships that they cannot detect(cloaking and low TH and EM)?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 05:06:00 PM by Golem666 »

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 05:14:25 PM »

Japanese cannot be trusted, and I know: I married one  :o

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2021, 05:15:24 PM »

Did she start a land war in Asia?

Offline RougeNPS

• Lt. Commander
  • R
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2021, 07:38:30 PM »

Guess who im telling you said that.

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2021, 11:52:53 PM »
Thanks everyone for help, solved it by leaving their home system and moving to one neighbouring it, there they are willing to talk.  One more question, do they mind ships that they cannot detect(cloaking and low TH and EM)?

They need to be able to see your ship and you need to be able to see them. The first part is easy, just turn on the transponder. Otherwise you can know if they can see you if they're sending you messages, if you're in a system they'll send messages in.

Offline RougeNPS

• Lt. Commander
  • R
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 09:10:08 AM »

They need to be able to see your ship and you need to be able to see them. The first part is easy, just turn on the transponder. Otherwise you can know if they can see you if they're sending you messages, if you're in a system they'll send messages in.

Or missiles. Always be careful.

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 09:14:06 AM »

Or missiles. Always be careful.

These aliens live on radiation. That missile was their version of a fruit basket!

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2021, 12:49:48 PM »

Point of fact: the Yangtze is in China, not Japan.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2021, 03:33:46 AM »
He's referencing the Perry Expedition of 1852-1853, known as the Arrival of the Black Ships in Japan, during which Americans forced Japan to open up for trade at gunpoint. This led to the fall of the Shogunate and the Meiji Restoration, which launched modern Japan. The trauma of the event probably also played a significant part in Japanese consciousness during the latter part of the 19th century and early 20th century, emphasizing the importance of Japan becoming a big, strong, imperialistic power or end up colonized by the USA, which in turn directly led to the Pacific War.