Author Topic: Misc Installations  (Read 1656 times)

Offline RougeNPS (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • R
Misc Installations
« on: January 09, 2021, 10:18:58 PM »
Could we also get some kind of Misc Installation? Basically just the Misc Components but on a planetary body? I want to be able to make special structures that game wise, are totally pointless, but RP wise are incredibly important. Not sure how you would balance them honestly. You could make them Small, Medium, and Large in size, start with them at the same level you start with Misc Comps and they cost...however much BP Steve thinks would be right.

I want to build administrative buildings for my entire pointless Admin commands that only exist for RP purposes.

The following users thanked this post: Kristover, serger, Gabrote42

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Misc Installations
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 10:36:03 PM »
I made this suggestion before right after we got misc. components.  I think this idea would be a 'cheap' way to differentiate planets.

Offline RougeNPS (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • R
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 11:48:25 PM »
I just want it for RP purposes in all honesty. I understand if it doesnt make sense to add. But then again...Steve did add misc components anyway.

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 05:42:02 AM »
Currently I use acadamies for this purpose, since you can rename them I will give them a bunch of names.

For example I might have the "Institute of finances" and this will only ever have a wealth generating civillian administrator in command.

The flip side of this is you also start to generate more leaders, and crew which is always useful.

In addition as a population sink I have a hard rule that spaceports are determined by population levels, so for example at 100m/500m/1bn I increase the spaceport size.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 06:53:00 AM »
The problem with academies is that you only get one per planet

Offline RougeNPS (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • R
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 09:47:43 AM »
Currently I use acadamies for this purpose, since you can rename them I will give them a bunch of names.

For example I might have the "Institute of finances" and this will only ever have a wealth generating civillian administrator in command.

The flip side of this is you also start to generate more leaders, and crew which is always useful.

In addition as a population sink I have a hard rule that spaceports are determined by population levels, so for example at 100m/500m/1bn I increase the spaceport size.

I use admin commands as government offices.

Offline RougeNPS (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • R
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 09:12:44 PM »
Also i feel like if people wanted to, they could make dedicated planetary megastructures with this. Something akin to the Wall of China. More of a marvel than functional. That kind of thing.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2021, 04:17:57 AM »
Definitely a useful addition for story purposes!