Author Topic: Assigning more than 43 ground support fighters  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Alno (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • A
Assigning more than 43 ground support fighters
« on: January 15, 2021, 06:10:07 PM »
Hey everyone,

i am currently using ground support fighters for the first time and i have no idea how to assign more than a total of 43 of them to support my ground troops.  The only way i know to assign them is dragging and dropping the fighters in the ground forces window.  But that window is only large enough to barely show 43 fighters at the same time as a ground unit at the very top and i can't scroll while i'm dragging. 

Is there some sort of trick, or a different way to assign them? I can assign proper ships for ground support via a drop down menu on the supported unit.  While clunky, i can at least assign any number of ships with that method.  Is there something similar for fighters? Because they don't show up in that list for me.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Assigning more than 43 ground support fighters
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 07:59:56 PM »
Hey everyone,

i am currently using ground support fighters for the first time and i have no idea how to assign more than a total of 43 of them to support my ground troops.  The only way i know to assign them is dragging and dropping the fighters in the ground forces window.  But that window is only large enough to barely show 43 fighters at the same time as a ground unit at the very top and i can't scroll while i'm dragging. 

Is there some sort of trick, or a different way to assign them? I can assign proper ships for ground support via a drop down menu on the supported unit.  While clunky, i can at least assign any number of ships with that method.  Is there something similar for fighters? Because they don't show up in that list for me.

you can drag and drop on multiple windows. You can hold shift to open 2 or more screens.

The following users thanked this post: alex_g

Offline alex_g

• Petty Officer
  • a
Re: Assigning more than 43 ground support fighters
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 03:32:33 PM »
I had no idea.  When I had problems scrolling through the GU window I usually put some formations in unrelated hierarchies so I can collapse them and after finishing I'd have to clear the temporary hierarchies.

You're a life saver.