Author Topic: Adding planet images  (Read 1510 times)

Offline RevReese (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • R
Adding planet images
« on: January 27, 2021, 10:22:56 AM »
Hi all, just installed 1. 12 and it seems to be working no problem.
I downloaded the Jumbo 1. 2 planet image pack from here hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=8078. 0 and created the "Planetjpeg" folder and pasted the images into it.
However, i can't figure out where they are supposed to be, how can I see these images in game?

I am sure this is something really simple but i have not been able to figure out how to make these images visible.
Could it be because there was no planetjpeg folder when i installed so i had to create one?

I used to use the portable version in the past that had extra images, and had a planetjpeg folder already but i know that it is obsolete now, i haven't played for so long i cant remember how to see the images with that install either.

Can anyone help me? I notice that the flag, race and medal image packs are now included in the base game but not the planets.

Thank you for your time.

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Re: Adding planet images
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 10:27:23 AM »
You downloaded a pack for vb6, C# has never included planet images in the solar system screen, and the functionality is not there that is the reason.

The following users thanked this post: RevReese

Offline RevReese (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • R
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 10:42:06 AM »
Hey thanks for your super quick reply! i now feel like an idiot!  :-[

I am currently watching a C# tutorial series to get me up to speed with the latest version as i am really out of date.
I thought i could add images to this version but now i know.

Thanks again for explaining, i have a lot more to learn! this game is so complex!

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 10:51:20 AM »
Hey thanks for your super quick reply! i now feel like an idiot!  :-[

I am currently watching a C# tutorial series to get me up to speed with the latest version as i am really out of date.
I thought i could add images to this version but now i know.

Thanks again for explaining, i have a lot more to learn! this game is so complex!

No problem, you may be watching one of my tutorials so i hope you enjoy! let me know if you need anything else :)

Offline RevReese (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • R
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 11:00:59 AM »
I am watching Defran Strategy's Noobies Starter Playlist.  It came up when i searched for tutorials.   I am early on but it is excellent so far, I hope to get further into the game this time!  :)

I have not played this game in a long time and the last time i did i was totally overwhelmed, this time i figured watching some tutorials first would help!

Thanks again, I am sure i will have more questions and i will post them here so others can learn from them too.

Have a great day!

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 11:21:04 AM »
I am watching Defran Strategy's Noobies Starter Playlist.  It came up when i searched for tutorials.   I am early on but it is excellent so far, I hope to get further into the game this time!  :)

I have not played this game in a long time and the last time i did i was totally overwhelmed, this time i figured watching some tutorials first would help!

Thanks again, I am sure i will have more questions and i will post them here so others can learn from them too.

Have a great day!

defran strategy is me and am really glad your finding it good :)

Offline RevReese (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • R
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2021, 11:29:57 AM »
Well that is great and i am really enjoying the series you've done a great job!
I will be subscribing for sure and will then go on to your other videos when i finish the playlist.
I am really looking forward to getting stuck into the game once i catch up on the rest of the videos! there is a lot of ground to cover but i am following on and understanding really well so far.
Thumbs up from me my friend!  ;D