Author Topic: Neverending overhaul?  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Jeltz (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Neverending overhaul?
« on: January 30, 2021, 09:05:17 AM »
  ???

I think there is something bad in my game  :-\

I've alredy reported here that there is something wrong with conditional order management

now this happens: once the clock has been reset, the overhaul of the ships does not end !!! ... and the clock starts running again as the ships were on a mission.

Not only that, another thing that seems strange to me is the fact that although under overhaul the ships continue to suffer breakdowns in the on-board systems, consuming spare parts that if not restored will lead the vessel to self-destruction  :-\

As you can see in the attachement my GSV in overhaul, it almost ran out of spare parts despite having the conditional order "resupply from colony" an the MC run positively (note the Deploy Field: 0.00)

Obviously I cannot give orders as the ships are in overhaul, this happens for all my ships in hoverhault.

Game version: 1.12
Decimal separator: dot
Conventional start
No mods

« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 09:46:43 AM by Jeltz »

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Re: Neverending overhaul?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 09:07:59 AM »
This is more a post for bug reports but if possible could you please provide the database, and Il take a look for you.

Offline Jeltz (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 09:16:28 AM »
Thank's for reply

Since no errors message are reported, I wasn't sure it was a bug: in attachement the database.

J.

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 10:07:43 AM »
I have found the problem, you do not have enough capacity to maintain the ships in orbit of earth, as such your in a neverending state of overhaul because your maintenance life continues to increase constantly and overhaul attempts to counteract this but cant, so you need to build more maintenance facilities and have your capacity above the amount maintained in orbit.

The following users thanked this post: Jeltz

Offline Jeltz (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2021, 10:46:37 AM »
I have found the problem, you do not have enough capacity to maintain the ships in orbit of earth...

Arrrggg! Yes, you're right, sorry... I'm feel so vogon  8)

But now, I cant' un-overhaul all my fleets... and all those ships will be lost in space, like tears in rain. Time to start a new game (semi cit.).

J.

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2021, 10:50:32 AM »
You can end overhaul in the naval organisation screen at the bottom when you select each ship individually. i believe.

The following users thanked this post: Jeltz

Offline Jeltz (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 11:46:54 AM »
You can end overhaul in the naval organisation screen at the bottom when you select each ship individually. i believe.

"Leave Overhaul", thanks again.

J.

Offline dersavage

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2021, 03:45:37 PM »
I'm actually wondering same thing... Ships in TRAINING and ordered to overhaul will make damage. I'm not sure if this is a bug or something else. My ships are in Sol and there is enough maintenance. Here's couple screenshots.

in my game this is only problem when ships are ordered to under ADMIN and I choose training for them. I usually choose NAVAL admin command while overhaul, because of this, but not sure if it is a bug and should I report it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 03:51:46 PM by dersavage »

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2021, 04:54:18 PM »
I'm actually wondering same thing... Ships in TRAINING and ordered to overhaul will make damage. I'm not sure if this is a bug or something else. My ships are in Sol and there is enough maintenance. Here's couple screenshots.

in my game this is only problem when ships are ordered to under ADMIN and I choose training for them. I usually choose NAVAL admin command while overhaul, because of this, but not sure if it is a bug and should I report it.

Ships under a training command can't do overhauls at all.

Personally I never use training command because of the hassle of ships needing overhaul very quickly and it becomes an unwanted shore to move them back and forth between commands, specially ships with rather short deployment times.

Ships increase training over time anyway (just slower) so I simply don't care for doing that at all... just seem like a boring micro to me.