Author Topic: Custom Gamemaster Weapons / Armor for Ground Units  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Vivalas (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • V
Custom Gamemaster Weapons / Armor for Ground Units
« on: March 02, 2021, 07:09:24 PM »
Heya, small suggestion but one that would help me make my Star Wars themed games a bit more 1:1.

Basically, the option to make custom "cheaty" units for Ground Combat, via either completely custom stats or custom modules you can put on them. The reason this would be cool / useful is for universes with super OP ground units like Star Wars, for Jedi/Sith stuff. Right now I'm just naming Super Heavies for these tasks but it would be really cool to have like, one crack squad of Jedi I can fit on a shuttle for when they are needed most. Could also be useful for other universes as well, just a small flavor thing.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: Custom Gamemaster Weapons / Armor for Ground Units
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 07:33:01 PM »
Heya, small suggestion but one that would help me make my Star Wars themed games a bit more 1:1.

Basically, the option to make custom "cheaty" units for Ground Combat, via either completely custom stats or custom modules you can put on them. The reason this would be cool / useful is for universes with super OP ground units like Star Wars, for Jedi/Sith stuff. Right now I'm just naming Super Heavies for these tasks but it would be really cool to have like, one crack squad of Jedi I can fit on a shuttle for when they are needed most. Could also be useful for other universes as well, just a small flavor thing.

This probably would be easier to RP if you made your Jedi, etc. by renaming some of your leaders instead of trying to use a ground unit. The reason being that Aurora really does not model super small-scale combat very well, which is the sort of combat a "crack squad of Jedi" would be engaging in. As leaders however they can serve as diplomats, command a company of clone troopers, and other such Jedi-y things.

Offline Gyrfalcon

• Bug Moderators
  • Commander
  • G
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 11:47:33 PM »
You can transfer military units from one civ to another as far as I know. So you can GM a civ, give them max armor and weapons tech and then design units there, instant build what you need and gift them to your main civ.

The following users thanked this post: serger, Vivalas

Offline Vivalas (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • V
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 02:30:42 PM »
You can transfer military units from one civ to another as far as I know. So you can GM a civ, give them max armor and weapons tech and then design units there, instant build what you need and gift them to your main civ.

That's actually... really a good idea, I hadn't thought of that.

This probably would be easier to RP if you made your Jedi, etc. by renaming some of your leaders instead of trying to use a ground unit. The reason being that Aurora really does not model super small-scale combat very well, which is the sort of combat a "crack squad of Jedi" would be engaging in. As leaders however they can serve as diplomats, command a company of clone troopers, and other such Jedi-y things.

Yeah in the long run this is a more "better" idea but having, say, a single Jedi or two on the battlefield and just keeping track of how much ass they kick sounds fun.

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 08:14:53 AM »
Remember ground officers can be killed if the HQ in their unit is destroyed.
If you want to ensure they stay alive you can turn on story character (which sounds applicable to Jedi).