Author Topic: Terra Invicta  (Read 6239 times)

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: Terra Invicta
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2022, 03:19:46 PM »
Picking which nation to control is also important. I’m still working out how to spend to achieve the best results, but currently India fully supports the Resistance, and that gives multiple armies to handle terrestrial threats.

My biggest bottleneck is generating boost. No orgs so far that grant it, and nations should do better at producing it than they do. I imagine it’s something that will be tweaked more.

Kazakhstan is relatively easy to get from the start and has good boost. So that is also decent option to grab at the start of the game.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2022, 03:48:16 PM »
One thing to note about boost is that you are supposed to wean yourself off of it through the spaceconomy. Construction modules and outpost mines are your friend and you'll only need boost for the first hab you put into mars if you play your cards right.

Offline Hallec

• Leading Rate
  • H
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2022, 05:27:10 PM »
Another way to reduce your reliance on boost is to start with a station at the planet you want to colonize.   You can send it as soon as you finish the unlock, before you have probe results.   then send it a construction module and power. .   and bob's your uncle.   I am very much enjoying Terra Invicta!

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2022, 06:32:01 PM »
Another way to reduce your reliance on boost is to start with a station at the planet you want to colonize.   You can send it as soon as you finish the unlock, before you have probe results.   then send it a construction module and power. .   and bob's your uncle.   I am very much enjoying Terra Invicta!

Yep, I wish I had known that. I sent a fission pile to Mars but didn’t have enough boost to send the actual mining facility. I ended up paying for about 9 months up upkeep on the reactor after it arrived, which was a lot more expensive than I had expected. Lots of mistakes to be made in ones first game :)

Offline Warer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2022, 06:21:18 AM »
Has anyone actually finished a successful playthrough of this game?

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2022, 10:19:19 AM »
There is guide on the reddit that seems decent for those that do not like to watch videos, link to the first part:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TerraInvicta/comments/xq5che/guide_how_to_defeat_an_alien_invasion_in_10_easy/

Edit: There is actually part zero: https://www.reddit.com/r/TerraInvicta/comments/xpbhxq/guide_how_to_defeat_an_alien_invasion_in_10_easy/

Has anyone actually finished a successful playthrough of this game?

Not from what I saw on youtube and reddit.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 11:09:55 AM by Black »

Offline Bremen

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2022, 02:50:34 PM »
I've been playing for a week and I'm only 13 years in on my first campaign.

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2022, 07:32:39 PM »
Yeah, I think the pacing could use some tweaks.

Honestly, the mission cycle should be slower (I shouldn't be able to swing control of an entire nation in a month!), and UI improvements would speed up play (needs summary screens for targeting missions and stuff instead of scrolling around on the very pretty maps), but the biggest thing would be an aurora style event log+"skip to next mission cycle"+interrupts.

They already sort of have the event log (it summarizes the outcomes of your missions from the last cycle), and they already do interrupts in the form of autopause on certain events. Just need to be able to skip time as fast as your computer can compute and things would speed up dramatically (the max speed, 5x, is still kind of slow).

The following users thanked this post: Warer

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2022, 07:41:25 PM »
I would love if there was an option to only have the map auto pan to a selection on double click. It gets annoying getting thrown around the solar system.