Author Topic: What Will You Do, When C# Arrives In Your Home?  (Read 15107 times)

Offline Deutschbag

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Discord Username: Pwnzerfaust
Re: What Will You Do, When C# Arrives In Your Home?
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2019, 01:36:44 AM »
I would assume that the quasi-religious nonsense in the final season combined with the ridiculous ending of humans being transplanted on Earth as aliens who have forgotten their real past. I know I was disappointed with that.

Precisely this, yes.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2019, 04:22:21 AM »
Nah, you folks are all wrong.  When they finally get to Earth, and discover it's a blasted and irradiated ruin, and realize that "all of this has happened before; all of this will happen again," and realize that they are making all the same mistakes all over again because of 'human' nature (even the Cylons), it's a very powerful message.

It was three-and-a-half seasons (plus miniseries) of great television.

The following users thanked this post: Deutschbag

Offline Cavgunner

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2019, 12:37:08 PM »
Two seasons of great television, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2019, 01:06:58 PM »
One-and-three-quarters seasons.

Offline MultiVitamin (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • M
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2019, 03:21:09 PM »
I only really watched a few episodes of battlestar galactica. I loved the episodes i did watch though. My favorite was when the blond was locked up in jail, she was so engaging and just really appealed to me as a character in that moment.

Offline JustAnotherDude

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2019, 05:07:44 PM »
My take on BSG is that it is almost entirely great up until the very finale. The fourth season easily has the most low points of the series but it has some very compelling moments anyways, especially the mutiny, and is overall pretty alright up until the point that Athena's daughter gets kidnapped. Roslin's death still got me, though.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2019, 09:12:00 AM »
Can we please spoiler anything pertaining to the end of BSG?  I for one never made it to the end, and there's a small chance I might in the future.

Thanks,
John

The following users thanked this post: smoelf, Alsadius

Offline Marski

• Commander
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2019, 12:01:59 PM »
answering to the OP's question

I would finally put that couple of meters of rope on my balcony left by the previous owner to use and hang myself. Because after gaining the holy grail of 4x games, there's nothing to look forward to anymore.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2019, 02:33:24 PM »

I would finally put that couple of meters of rope on my balcony left by the previous owner to use and hang myself. Because after gaining the holy grail of 4x games, there's nothing to look forward to anymore.
There's that famous Finnish humour.

Offline Cavgunner

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2019, 06:39:42 PM »
Can we please spoiler anything pertaining to the end of BSG?  I for one never made it to the end, and there's a small chance I might in the future.

Thanks,
John

Dude, you realize the finale aired almost 11 years ago? Forgive me for saying so, but your reasonable expectation of not being spoiled passed quite a long time ago.

The following users thanked this post: xenxen

Offline MultiVitamin (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • M
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2019, 08:51:58 PM »

Hold the rope for just a bit longer after it is released friend. As alongside gaining access to the holy grail, so too do others, which results in epic stories, great designs and who knows, maybe some ship fanart? There's also later content updates to it that Steve may do as well.

Don't go off with a cup 10% filled ;)

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2019, 11:16:40 AM »

Thanks,
John

Dude, you realize the finale aired almost 11 years ago? Forgive me for saying so, but your reasonable expectation of not being spoiled passed quite a long time ago.

Yes I do realize it.  OTOH, how hard are spoiler tags to put in?  I'm sure that I'm not the only person on the board who hasn't seen the ending (for whatever reason - maybe they're young) but who might see it at some point in the future.  Personally, I make it a point to try never to put unlabeled spoilers out for anything - not everyone has seen everything and especially in a forum like this you're almost sure to have someone reading your post that doesn't know the thing you're spoiling.  So my goal in my request was to raise the consciousness of people that they might be messing things up for others in a way that's easily avoided.

Thanks,
John

The following users thanked this post: The Forbidden

AuroraFanGirl

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2020, 10:40:15 AM »
Gonna start a game with a NPR on planet X and have some inner solar-system wars.  I might set up 1 invisible NPR at game start too, so I don't just meet a just spawned NPR after my Sol takeover but instead a NPR which has grown over time.  Planning on having the starting research be 0 to slow down the start especially with a potentially hostile NPR in Sol.

Gonna try mostly fighters (small fast ones with a fighter pod attached as only weapon) I really wanted to make spinal mount railgun battleships but that's gonna have to wait I guess.

Can't wait till it releases!

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2020, 10:53:31 AM »
I'm going to A S C E N D.

But in all seriousness, I'm going to set up my science fantasy novel in it, and play from there. Gonna be pretty awesome as the construction rules are finally flexible enough to realize my designs from it.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2020, 07:52:40 PM »
I'm going to A S C E N D.

Beware those cheap, plastic, fake Amulets of Yendor. . . and the inevitable Gnomes-with-a-wand-of-Death!