Author Topic: Hivemind playthroguh  (Read 2365 times)

Offline Shuul (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
Hivemind playthroguh
« on: February 25, 2020, 06:24:04 AM »
I know that Aurora does not support that directly, which is unfortunate, but I want to RP a hivemind empire when C# will release in March.
Can you give me any advice for game setup which will help me to bring emire as close to hivemind as possible? I plan to have high population density, pop growth rate and production density modifier, while suffering from bad research. Also, focus more on carrier tech and small ships.

Though im not sure what to do with all the captains and staff in general. Just not use them?

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
Re: Hivemind playthroguh
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 07:44:51 AM »
A few things off the top of my head

-Disable all civilians
-There's no need to avoid using commanders and admins. You can imagine them as being "higher function" drones, which are semi-autonomous
-Disable, if it's still there, the promotions based on political reliability. In fact, disable automatic promotions alltogether. Drones should be promoted based on their skill, because in a hive mind surely there's a perfect relationship between "grade" (basically, responsability) and capabilities
- Be sure to play a completely kamikaze society, with total disregard for possible casualties  ;D Results are the only things that matter.
-It would be nice to disable "wealth", since it would make sense for a hive mind. Since you cannot do that, be sure to colonize every planet that's feasible, even if not immediately useful. The hive must grow....
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 07:46:24 AM by Zincat »

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Hivemind playthroguh
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 01:20:18 PM »
I know that Aurora does not support that directly, which is unfortunate, but I want to RP a hivemind empire when C# will release in March.
Can you give me any advice for game setup which will help me to bring emire as close to hivemind as possible? I plan to have high population density, pop growth rate and production density modifier, while suffering from bad research. Also, focus more on carrier tech and small ships.

Though im not sure what to do with all the captains and staff in general. Just not use them?

Colonies don't need civilian admionistrators, so you can skip those if you wish.
Ships don't need officers, or even captains.
Ships don't need trained crew, so tick the "Conscript crew" button for all designs.
Ground units don't need C.O.'s, so skip them too.

Only Research and Xeno/Survey/Espionage teams actually require officers to function, so delete all your military academies save one, and put a Scientist in charge of that one to improve your odds of producing Scientists.  Turn excess officers into Espionage Teams and ignore them until you have someone to fight (or you need a Xeno team).