Author Topic: C# Trade Goods  (Read 1528 times)

Offline Jarhead0331 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • J
C# Trade Goods
« on: May 04, 2020, 07:35:57 PM »
Is there any way to control the production of specific trade goods? For instance, can I direct a colony to manufacture chemicals, furs or pharmaceuticals?

What is the impact of a shortfall or import requirement? There doesn't seem to be one really. Most of my colonies are lacking a number of trade goods, but there seems to be no hit on wealth or political stability.

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
Re: C# Trade Goods
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 07:37:42 PM »
Trade goods other than infrastructure have no effect outside of what and where civilians transport goods, and cannot be modified or controlled in any way.

Offline Jarhead0331 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 08:23:07 PM »
Thank you. I suspected as much.

I'm surprised (but pleasantly) they are even included in the game then...seems to go against the general philosophy of "use your imagination" and "role play".

Offline Froggiest1982

• Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 08:44:12 PM »
Thank you. I suspected as much.

I'm surprised (but pleasantly) they are even included in the game then...seems to go against the general philosophy of "use your imagination" and "role play".

Not really. They are an alternative way for a civilian to make a profit if I am not mistaken. It is to avoid the civ to crash in the absence of a player contract.

EDIT: found it here http://aurorawiki.pentarch.org/index.php?title=Trade_System
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 08:46:23 PM by froggiest1982 »

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 04:17:10 AM »
Is there any way to control the production of specific trade goods? For instance, can I direct a colony to manufacture chemicals, furs or pharmaceuticals?

What is the impact of a shortfall or import requirement? There doesn't seem to be one really. Most of my colonies are lacking a number of trade goods, but there seems to be no hit on wealth or political stability.

- Nope.  And nope.

- Commercial shipping can generate wealth by importing them.  There's no market for goods that are in local surplus.