Author Topic: Stay Until Loaded Order  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Borealis4x (OP)

• Commodore
Stay Until Loaded Order
« on: July 03, 2020, 06:26:25 AM »
Is there a way to order a TG to stand by at a planet until it can fully load its cargo bays?

I want my mineral convoys to only head out from their planets once they're fully loaded so they don't waste fuel hauling sparse amounts of minerals. Same would be useful for fuel haulers based at orbital refineries.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 06:33:23 AM by BasileusMaximos »

Offline Cobaia

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • C
Re: Stay Until Loaded Order
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 07:48:21 AM »
I didn't find it.

What I use is the delay order. I calculate how much time the planet needs to generate the amout of minerals to fill the cargo ships and I delay the Load Minerals order for that time.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 10:49:09 AM »
"Load until X is available" is what you are looking for. You can specify both a minimum and maximum amount for this order, if there aren't enough of the mineral type to pick up, the ship will wait until there is.

The only problem is that this order by mineral type - I think you can maybe use the minimum amount setting on load minerals in order to get what you want. Just set it to your cargo space / 2.5 and the ship/fleet should wait until its full.

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 11:33:41 AM »
Does the load when X available order actually work? I remember trying to use it to transfer infrastructure, and if there wasn't enough it would put a message saying it failed to load fully, but would proceed to the next order anyway.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 01:00:13 PM »
Does the load when X available order actually work? I remember trying to use it to transfer infrastructure, and if there wasn't enough it would put a message saying it failed to load fully, but would proceed to the next order anyway.

It works for me, in my save mercury is basically always on 0-7k stockpiles on every mineral and I have multiple fleets with different destinations that will go there and wait if there isnt enough of a particular resource.

I will generally set both a maximum pickup amount and the minimum available amount when setting up their orders. So if I want 4k of every mineral I do "pick up max 4000 when there is 4000 available". If the mining planet has a population I usually want a reserve and Ill do something like "pick up max 4000 when there is 24000 available", in the last instance I essentially reserve 20k of that mineral - this is important to do because I believe that "load when X available" does not necessarily adhere to reserve levels set on the colony minerals screen.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2020, 10:40:31 AM »

It works for me, in my save mercury is basically always on 0-7k stockpiles on every mineral and I have multiple fleets with different destinations that will go there and wait if there isnt enough of a particular resource.

I will generally set both a maximum pickup amount and the minimum available amount when setting up their orders. So if I want 4k of every mineral I do "pick up max 4000 when there is 4000 available". If the mining planet has a population I usually want a reserve and Ill do something like "pick up max 4000 when there is 24000 available", in the last instance I essentially reserve 20k of that mineral - this is important to do because I believe that "load when X available" does not necessarily adhere to reserve levels set on the colony minerals screen.

I think that it only works for minerals... I have tried using it with other orders and I don't think that works. Perhaps should try it a few times more and if it does not work add it to the suggestion thread that we would like that type of order to work on every item you can pick up in quantity.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 10:53:56 AM »

I think that it only works for minerals... I have tried using it with other orders and I don't think that works. Perhaps should try it a few times more and if it does not work add it to the suggestion thread that we would like that type of order to work on every item you can pick up in quantity.

Well OPs question was asking about mineral transportation which is why I answered with that. I agree that it would be helpful to have a generalized "wait until available" command. It would be especially helpful for automated mines and infrastructure.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2020, 04:44:35 AM »
Is there a way to order a TG to stand by at a planet until it can fully load its cargo bays?

I want my mineral convoys to only head out from their planets once they're fully loaded so they don't waste fuel hauling sparse amounts of minerals. Same would be useful for fuel haulers based at orbital refineries.

I've added this for v.1.12

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11593.msg138656#msg138656

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, Borealis4x, punchkid, skoormit