Author Topic: Galaxy map generation and graph cycles?  (Read 5819 times)

Offline Squigles

• Chief Petty Officer
  • S
Re: Galaxy map generation and graph cycles?
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2021, 05:38:11 PM »
The answer to OPs problem really seems to just be “don’t play in real stars”.

Go ahead and use a randomly generated map. Set the number of systems to be lower to start so you can discover the loops early on, and force the game to create more hidden jump points.. It also has the added benefit, unless it was changed from VB6, of enabling nebulae and black holes. Unless my memory fails me those are only present in random games and make for some interesting terrain.

If you absolutely must have real star names....just slap some real star names on the systems you discover. The actual contents of the systems outside of the star type are completely random anyhow.

Offline Stormtrooper (OP)

• Captain
  • S
  • The universe is a Dark Forest
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2021, 06:39:56 PM »
Ok I guess it's time to lock this topic because it's yet another "PlaY rAnDoM sTaRs aNd uSe Sm to gEnErAte mOrE jPs" reply which gets really annoying because I explicitly stated that's not an option both because I want real ones AND because I can't afford to start a new game yet those replies keep popping up.

If I have to use sm to add jps anyways then I don't get what this fuss is about and why I'd need to bother with random stars if at the end of the day I might just simply use sm right from the go. This "solution" is just a long way around with additional pointless steps to the "use sm to generate more jps" statement.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 06:42:52 PM by Stormtrooper »

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2021, 06:19:28 AM »
You seem to create a lot of posts about how you wish Aurora was like other games. Maybe just go and play the other games :)

The following users thanked this post: AlStar, bro918, Squigles, tywudtke, BAGrimm, Kylemmie, nuclearslurpee

Offline Stormtrooper (OP)

• Captain
  • S
  • The universe is a Dark Forest
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2021, 08:01:01 AM »
Could you please stop? Under another topic I've already explained why that's not an option.

Thank you.

The following users thanked this post: Kylemmie