Author Topic: Tag for enabling/disabling civilian delivery of infrastructure and colonists  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Twilight Sentinel (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • T
I'd like a flag for when I want civilian companies to deliver infrastructure and then colonists to any colony.   If the flag is not set, they will never under any circumstances shift infrastructure or colonists to that colony.

This tag would be separate from the source/delivery of colonists option on colonies.

This option serves two purposes.   First it allows us to designate worlds we want to colonize with people without first having to put infrastructure or population on it ourselves.   Second it allows us to put infrastructure (or find it) on planets that we do not want colonized without having to restrict it from any civilian traffic.

Example: I find a ruin and start excavating the abandoned installations.   The planet has no value as a colony.   I find infrastructure on it.   I want my civilian companies to move that infrastructure for me to other colonies, but I do not want them to deliver colonists to this colony that has infrastructure on it.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
This already exists - In the same menu as the colonist destination / source checkboxes there is one called "military restricted only". That checkbox makes the colony banned for all civilian shipping. If you ever want them to start delivering again then you can uncheck that checkbox at any time

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
One thing I learned though in my games is that if you hit the checkbox while civilian ships are on their way to the world, they will simply stop where they are at and resume movement only if you hit the checkbox again.  They won't divert or return and offload to the origin world.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
This already exists - In the same menu as the colonist destination / source checkboxes there is one called "military restricted only". That checkbox makes the colony banned for all civilian shipping. If you ever want them to start delivering again then you can uncheck that checkbox at any time

It does not sort the problem he is highlighting though.

I agree, an extra layer of control would be nice for these small outposts.

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
This can already be done fully, with a combination of flags and orders.

Scenario 1. You don't want any colonists arriving at this time on a colony. = Tick the "stable" button on the civillian screen, and the population can only grow from it's own on world growth rate. If the population is currently zero, then you will have zero growth.

Scenario 2. You don't want any auto infrastructure shipments. = You flag it as military restricted, this in effect puts a civillian trade ban on all goods as well as blocking civillian ships from going there for any reason.

Scenario 3. You have a new colony that requires some infrastructure to get started and you don't want/have to use your own freighters. = Make a supply/deman order up and the civillians will ship it in for you to the specified amount.

Just usng combinations of the above will solve all the problems first mentioned.

The following users thanked this post: DavidFRS

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
Scenario 1. You don't want any colonists arriving at this time on a colony. = Tick the "stable" button on the civillian screen, and the population can only grow from it's own on world growth rate. If the population is currently zero, then you will have zero growth.

This will be available only when your colony hits to 10m people mark.

Therefore any colony with less people will be left out of any commercial route/service leaving the Heavy Lifting to human only as once you are flagging the military option even contracts will not be fulfilled.

Maybe an exception will have to be inserted in the code, just not sure if possible and how easy it is. I can also see the possibility of nasty bugs.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 11:25:32 PM by froggiest1982 »

Offline Twilight Sentinel (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • T
Quote from: Rich. h link=topic=12231. msg145627#msg145627 date=1609542280
This can already be done fully, with a combination of flags and orders.

Scenario 1.  You don't want any colonists arriving at this time on a colony.  = Tick the "stable" button on the civillian screen, and the population can only grow from it's own on world growth rate.  If the population is currently zero, then you will have zero growth.

Scenario 2.  You don't want any auto infrastructure shipments.  = You flag it as military restricted, this in effect puts a civillian trade ban on all goods as well as blocking civillian ships from going there for any reason.

Scenario 3.  You have a new colony that requires some infrastructure to get started and you don't want/have to use your own freighters.  = Make a supply/deman order up and the civillians will ship it in for you to the specified amount.

Just usng combinations of the above will solve all the problems first mentioned.

Scenario 1 is impossible.   You cannot change whether a colony is anything but a destination for colonists when it's too small.

Scenario 2 runs into problems when you still want civilian shipping for other things.   Such as moving industries or mines around.

Your trick for scenario 3 is a good one for getting colonies started though.   I appreciate you sharing that.