Author Topic: Ground attack fighters  (Read 1267 times)

Offline kilo (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • k
Ground attack fighters
« on: January 25, 2021, 06:29:05 AM »
How do you design and use your ground attack craft? I tried to build some, as they are not affected by terrain, but they die so damn fast. The enemy has 1000+ infantry with light AA and 100+ tanks with twin medium? AA. It is pretty inefficient to assign them and takes a lot of time and these AA troops kill them in no time.
How do your designs and doctrines look like?

The following users thanked this post: Jorgen_CAB

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
Re: Ground attack fighters
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 06:53:33 AM »
How do you design and use your ground attack craft? I tried to build some, as they are not affected by terrain, but they die so damn fast. The enemy has 1000+ infantry with light AA and 100+ tanks with twin medium? AA. It is pretty inefficient to assign them and takes a lot of time and these AA troops kill them in no time.
How do your designs and doctrines look like?

Give your ground fighters some armour protection... that will make them survive and you can rotate them out of the fight after a few hits.

In 1.13 you can even repair armour in the hangars, you can't do that currently.

In general I have not had allot of problems with using ground fighters. You could also do AA suppression missions to attack the AA more specifically to reduce the threat... although I have not used that option all that much, but it should be a good option for your situation.