Author Topic: Viewing Ground Forces from the Colony Window  (Read 1194 times)

Offline yourITguy (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • y
Viewing Ground Forces from the Colony Window
« on: February 09, 2021, 02:57:07 PM »
When checking the status of my various colonies, I'll often run through the various tabs to look for issues, etc. When it comes to ground units, however, the only way to see exactly what is on the colony is to open the Ground Forces window.

I think the GU Training tab has plenty of room to add a list of ground units that are in the colony, so it could become the "Ground Forces" tab.

The Order of Battle tab on the Ground Forces window is still very useful, so I wouldn't want that to go, but it sure would be handy to not have to go to it just to find out if I've left my xeno team or my geo team on a random colony that I'm looking at.

The following users thanked this post: serger, Ektor

Offline Migi

• Captain
Re: Viewing Ground Forces from the Colony Window
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 10:38:01 AM »
I agree that this would be a nice feature.
However did you know that you can see the total weight and count of ground units on the main colony screen in the 3rd column?
(If there are no units then nothing shows)

Offline yourITguy (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • y
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 04:00:48 PM »
Yes, I'm aware of that, but it only answers the question, "are there ground forces present" so it isn't that useful in my opinion. As an alternative to changing the GU Training tab, I would be okay with it listing the formation names there instead of the numbers as that would be more useful and possibly easier to implement than my original suggestion.

Offline yourITguy (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • y
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 01:40:51 PM »
Steve (thanks!) has solved this issue with the following change in 1.13:

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=12035.msg148939#msg148939

It's not exactly the solution that I suggested, but it sounds like it will work for me.