Author Topic: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 91372 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #570 on: November 28, 2021, 07:31:31 AM »
I'm almost 100% certain you will have checked this, but I need to ask anyway :)  I assume the attacked NPR units were warships and had weapons with sufficient range to engage you?

Also, if it happens again, please can you save the DB.
In my case, these were warships, had weapons, but did not have sufficient range to attack my ships (but could attack the planet, or try to get closer, or try to retreat).

In my case, the database is saved, in addition:

Is this database after the point you opened fire, but before the next construction phase?

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #571 on: November 29, 2021, 11:04:09 AM »
When acquiring knowledge of another system through espionage, it seems that the system is not renamed according to the player's naming scheme, but uses the naming scheme of the target of the espionage. It might not be a bug per se, but it ends up looking rather weird to have a systems named 'System #85' and 'System #938' alongside your other system names.

This is for 1.13.

Offline LuuBluum

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • L
« Reply #572 on: November 29, 2021, 03:06:02 PM »
According to this post, and specifically this quote:

For auto-assignment purposes, each ship class now has a specific rank requirement for its commander, based on its command and control modules. The rank requirement for the XO, CAG and Science Officer is one lower than for the ship commander. The rank requirement for the Chief Engineer and Tactical Office is two lower than the ship commander. The rank requirement for a fleet commander is one higher than for the ship commander. You can manually assign higher-ranked ship commanders and fleet commanders if desired but other officers can only be assigned at the specified rank. The commander priority setting for each class of ship remains as before and is still set manually.

(emphasis mine)

It is not possible to assign fleet commanders of higher rank; their rank is fixed like every other. The "Senior C.O." button merely raises all of these ranks by 1, but does not alleviate the issue.

Version 1.13
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 03:40:47 PM by LuuBluum »

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #573 on: November 30, 2021, 06:12:13 PM »
When you create a Prototype component, the message in the log says "A prototype of XYZ has been created".
When you create a Future Prototype component, the message in the log says "Research into ABC completed".

(As an aside, because the event type for prototypes is 'research completed' you can't hide prototype events in the log without hiding real completed research)

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #574 on: December 01, 2021, 06:27:16 PM »
On exploring a Jump point I got a long series of errors. Examination of the system reveals that on the Habitable world an NPR and a Rakasha race were generated at the same time. It looks like the NPR got not ships as a result . I don't think this is meant to happen.I have a saved game just after I detected teh 2 races

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #575 on: December 02, 2021, 04:32:23 AM »
On exploring a Jump point I got a long series of errors. Examination of the system reveals that on the Habitable world an NPR and a Rakasha race were generated at the same time. It looks like the NPR got not ships as a result . I don't think this is meant to happen.I have a saved game just after I detected teh 2 races
I'm pretty sure this is a known issue and should be fixed for the next version already.

The following users thanked this post: Andrew

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #576 on: December 04, 2021, 02:31:43 PM »
I think this is probably not WAI.
In the Economy window, Industry tab, when selecting the destination fleet for Fighters and Space Stations, you can select civilian fleets.

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #577 on: December 04, 2021, 03:52:39 PM »
Sorry for the double post but this is a different issue.
When a commander is assigned to an Academy it doesn't generate a Command Assignment event in the event log. (The commander history does show them being assigned)
I suspect, but I'm not certain, that when officers die or retire when commanding an Academy, it doesn't generate the relevant Commander Health or Retirement events.

Offline dsedrez

• d
« Reply #578 on: December 04, 2021, 11:30:18 PM »
I've found a number of laser mounts with capacitor 4, and tried to disassemble them to get the tech. The events reported a number of research points gained, but the number of points didn't change in the research tab. I'm currently with Capacitor Tech 3.

Apparently there was a number of bugs regarding the disassembly of components in previous versions, but I didn't find this one, so I'm reporting it here.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #579 on: December 04, 2021, 11:38:05 PM »
I've found a number of laser mounts with capacitor 4, and tried to disassemble them to get the tech. The events reported a number of research points gained, but the number of points didn't change in the research tab. I'm currently with Capacitor Tech 3.

Apparently there was a number of bugs regarding the disassembly of components in previous versions, but I didn't find this one, so I'm reporting it here.

I wonder if the research points are being diverted to the Cap 3.25 tech (and similar at other tech levels)?

Offline dsedrez

• d
« Reply #580 on: December 04, 2021, 11:56:27 PM »

I wonder if the research points are being diverted to the Cap 3.25 tech (and similar at other tech levels)?

Now that you mention, I think it's quite possible...

Another one, I'm not sure if it's a bug or WAI, but a terraforming station under tow doesn't terraform the planet below. It was working, but the task was almost complete so I sent the tug to prepare to move it to the next body. And then the terraforming rate fell to 0, when it was 0.0001 before (it was a big planet). Ordering the release of the station corrects the issue.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #581 on: December 05, 2021, 02:56:54 AM »
Another one, I'm not sure if it's a bug or WAI, but a terraforming station under tow doesn't terraform the planet below. It was working, but the task was almost complete so I sent the tug to prepare to move it to the next body. And then the terraforming rate fell to 0, when it was 0.0001 before (it was a big planet). Ordering the release of the station corrects the issue.
This is WAI. When anything gets tractored, it stops being useful and becomes inert lump of mass.

The following users thanked this post: dsedrez

Offline somebody1212

• Chief Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #582 on: December 05, 2021, 04:51:02 PM »
ECM modules currently stack for combat purposes. The design screen does not show the increased ECM rating but it does show in the combat reports in the event log.

Steps to reproduce:
Design a ship and add multiple ECM modules.
Spawn in the ship and spawn in another ship to shoot at it.
Fire at the ship with multiple ECM modules. Note that your chance to hit has been reduced by each of the ECM modules, not just by one.

This means that, for example, a ship with 20 ECM 2 modules reduces incoming fire by 400%, making it effectively immune to everything.

Example logs from firing at ships with 1, 2 and 3 ECM 3 modules:
Sensor data reveals that the alien class AMT Target ECM 3 x1 has an ECM rating of 30
Sensor data reveals that the alien class AMT Target ECM 3 x2 has an ECM rating of 60
Sensor data reveals that the alien class AMT Target ECM 3 x3 has an ECM rating of 90
AMT Tribal 001 attacked AMT Target ECM 3 x1 001 with Single 25.0cm C4 Far Ultraviolet Laser Turret.    Range 0 km    Chance to Hit 100%    Shots 1    Damage per Hit 16    Armour Hits 1    New Target Speed 1 km/s
AMT Target ECM 3 x1 001 attacked by AMT Tribal 001 using energy weapons.    Range 0 km    Shots 1    Damage per Hit 16    Armour Hits 1
AMT Tribal 001 attacked AMT Target ECM 3 x2 001 with Single 25.0cm C4 Far Ultraviolet Laser Turret.    Range 0 km    Chance to Hit 70%    Shots 1    Damage per Hit 16    Armour Hits 1    New Target Speed 1 km/s
AMT Target ECM 3 x2 001 attacked by AMT Tribal 001 using energy weapons.    Range 0 km    Shots 1    Damage per Hit 16    Armour Hits 1
AMT Tribal 001 attacked AMT Target ECM 3 x3 001 with Single 25.0cm C4 Far Ultraviolet Laser Turret.    Range 0 km    Chance to Hit 40%    Shots 1    Damage per Hit 16    Armour Hits 1    New Target Speed 1 km/s
AMT Target ECM 3 x3 001 attacked by AMT Tribal 001 using energy weapons.    Range 0 km    Shots 1    Damage per Hit 16    Armour Hits 1

Iceranger's been doing some further testing on this bug on the Discord but isn't able to make a post on the forum at the moment so I'm posting this here so it doesn't get missed - he should be along later with more details of his testing.
Aurora4x Discord: https://discord.gg/TXK6qcP

The following users thanked this post: Scout1

Offline Density

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
« Reply #583 on: December 05, 2021, 05:00:12 PM »
Sorry for the double post but this is a different issue.
When a commander is assigned to an Academy it doesn't generate a Command Assignment event in the event log. (The commander history does show them being assigned)
I suspect, but I'm not certain, that when officers die or retire when commanding an Academy, it doesn't generate the relevant Commander Health or Retirement events.
I just had a ground officer retire from an academy; it generated the retirement event and current assignment was listed as part of that event. And I know I've seen health events for academy commanders (idk specifically about death, but I'd be surprised if it were different).
The problem is promotions, where the assigment the officer is getting promoted out of is a seperate event from the promotion event itself. As with assigning, unassigning from an academy doesn't generate an event.

Offline Density

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
« Reply #584 on: December 05, 2021, 05:13:51 PM »
This is WAI. When anything gets tractored, it stops being useful and becomes inert lump of mass.
That's inaccurate. If it were true, tractor-trailer shipping wouldn't work (and it does). Further, I've done the above expecting the terraforming rate to drop and was surprised at the time that it didn't until I moved the towed station away from the body.

The following users thanked this post: dsedrez