Author Topic: Space HUB  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Leren666 (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • L
Space HUB
« on: November 28, 2021, 12:22:33 PM »
Hi everyone,

I don't know if this is the good place to ask so sorry if not.

Actually I found a very interesting system 5 jump of my homeworld.  Like 8 planets/moon with tenth of millions for all ressource but 0. 1 to 0. 5 on acces and too high cost for infrastructure.  In fact I intend to automined all the rock but there is a problem.  I want to route all my ressource by small cargo to an huge Space HUB and send them to my homeworld with a larger cargo ship.

All my mine/ship/station are in place but iI can't transfert my ship cargo to my station cargo.  Did I do something wrong or it's simply impossible? (My station have cargo and shuttle like transport and the station is in Gas giant orbit)

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: Space HUB
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 12:49:56 PM »
You cannot transfer cargo between ships (and in Aurora terms a space station is a ship). You would need to unload the cargo from the small freighters on a body and then load from that body with the large freighter.

The only things that can be transferred between ships are fuel, ordnance, and MSP with varying degrees of trickiness.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2021, 01:34:23 PM »
Use mass drivers to fire minerals to a stockpile, then use your ships to transfer through the gate.

Offline Leren666 (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • L
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 12:11:49 AM »
Thanks guys.  Now I'm going to scrap my useless Space Station XD

Offline ArcWolf

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 02:45:24 AM »
Thanks guys.  Now I'm going to scrap my useless Space Station XD

useless now, but if you check out the change log for 1.14 you will be able to transfer minerals and other things between fleets.

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 04:58:36 AM »
As above, setup a freight hub colony on a planet/moon near to the JP. Use mass drivers from all the automining worlds to send all minerals to your hub world. Then frieghters fly in to pick up the minerals to take back home.

Provided your freighters have enough fuel for the round trip, and they have cargo shuttles, then your planetary hub needs nothing at all as it is just a mineral depot.