Author Topic: Suggestions Thread for v2.0  (Read 84351 times)

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: Suggestions Thread for v2.0
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2022, 09:21:42 PM »
I've asked for improvements to loading of ground units onto ships before, but I think I came up with a better way to manage it that would have prevented the half hour I just spent mindlessly clicking through 200 boarding shuttles to load 200 marine units to go defend against raider ships.

Allow ship classes to specify a template for military unit contained, and then add a command to "Load a Ground Unit per template" (as opposed to the current "Load Ground Unit" which forces you to pick which ground unit you want. That way troops would be handled much like ordinance and fighters are in the class design window, could even be under the ordinance tab and just update the title to "Loadout" or something like that.

Please please please! I really want boarding shuttles (and boarding combat in general) to be a viable strategy, and I think tactically it is, but right now it's a huge tedious slog due to micro.

This could also be extended to fighters with the new squadron mechanic, allowing the player to decide squadron templates, automatically creating the squadrons in the naval org menu when the carrier is made and populating them with available template fighters. Also kind of an extension of the fighter hoover mechanic that carriers already (should?) have.

The following users thanked this post: Kyle

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2022, 03:20:23 AM »
A new command for ships with hangar bays "take template parasites to squadron" (better name pending) - this is essentially identical to the new auto-creation of squadrons when the carrier is built except is for existing carriers. The command allows the user to select a source fleet at the location that the carrier takes it's parasites from and adds them to it's first squadron (creates one if there isn't any).

Could be further extended where the player somehow decides which squadron the fighters will join as well.

This would make replenishing lost fighters much easier for existing carriers (particularly useful for CAS fighters).

The following users thanked this post: serger, BAGrimm, nuclearslurpee

Offline Aloriel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2022, 10:18:51 AM »
Can we get a small change to one of the conditional standing orders? I would like very much (and I believe many others agree) to see the 50% conditional order adjusted to 55% or even 60%. Far too often, a ship returns home only to run out of fuel a few million km from Earth because Earth was closer to the jump point when it left, and it is now further.
Sarah
Game Developer in Unity and UE4 and 5

The following users thanked this post: serger, Kyle, BAGrimm, nuclearslurpee

Offline Pallidum

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • P
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2022, 11:49:23 AM »
I'd like to once again ask for missile series to be reintroduced.

It's one of the features I sorely miss from VB6 days.  It made missile logistics so much easier, especially when new upgrades came in, or when shortages forced you to use older missiles.  It enabled mixed missile loadouts, which is not really feasible with the current system.

Since ground equipment series is in the game currently, I hope that it's not too much of work to reintroduce missile series.

The following users thanked this post: Laurence, El Pip, papent, serger, nuclearslurpee

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2022, 12:00:27 PM »
This post on the bug thread reminded me of a problem with the commander window:

In the Naval Organization window, the Logistics Report tab must be refreshed by hand, to show an updated situation.
Is it the intended behaviour?

SJW: Working as intended. If every tab of every open window was continually updated, it would slow the game down considerably.

The problem with the commander window right now is that the commander filter is automatically applied on all ranks, on longer games where one can have upwards of 4000+ naval officers alone, this results in the commander window taking a very long time to open.

Players are very rarely are going to immediately want to filter on their entire officer corps, let alone on the default settings. So could the game by default set the "minimum rank" filter on the highest naval rank instead of the lowest naval rank and the "maximum rank" filter to the lowest rank? That way the filter will always return empty and finish immediately and the player wont have to wait 10-30 seconds just trying to view their commanders.

The following users thanked this post: serger, Kyle, Sebmono, nuclearslurpee

Offline dippysea

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • d
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2022, 12:01:45 PM »
Can an addition to the research screen be added to swap a queued item with the master it in its queue.   It would be good to add a new designed item to the queue and then move it to the top and then replace the madter currently being researched.   

The following users thanked this post: serger, Kyle, BAGrimm, Gabrote42, nuclearslurpee

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2022, 12:13:46 PM »
Having just imported the wrong medals csv, it would be really handy to have the ability to delete more than one medal at a time... :)

The window already allows for highlighting multiple medals, if that let the Delete Medal button to delete all the highlighted medals, it would be intuitive.  (A Delete All Medals button would work great too)

The following users thanked this post: Black, nuclearslurpee

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2022, 03:37:59 PM »
Construction queues for shipyards. Main use case would be for FAC/defense platform construction, though I imagine it would also be useful for all ships.

Offline Pury

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2022, 02:57:36 AM »
The ability to award medals to ships, or edit their history tab. I really like to build up history of my ships particularly which battles they were a part of. But I can only award medals to officers of those ships, not the vessel it self. I can't edit its history to include some information about it either (If one can do it, please tell me how, I don't see any edit button to do so)

The following users thanked this post: papent, serger

Offline Pury

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2022, 03:35:56 AM »
I would also sugest some small changes to the Raiders AI, as in my current campaign the just orbit my planets with only ground forces and STO's (Forward outposts used to secure systems before greater colonisation effort) And get absolutly destroyed. Maybe add some logic that discourages them from "attacking" colonies with only or significant amount of ground forces. Or encourage them to at least return fire in those cases. As it is doubtfull that "pirates" would attack esentialy military outposts without anything/little to gain and a lot to lose.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2022, 11:18:58 AM »
The ability to award medals to ships, or edit their history tab. I really like to build up history of my ships particularly which battles they were a part of. But I can only award medals to officers of those ships, not the vessel it self. I can't edit its history to include some information about it either (If one can do it, please tell me how, I don't see any edit button to do so)

Instead of medals they should be called service stars. I believe the USN does this for their ships.

The following users thanked this post: papent

Offline drakonbane

• Leading Rate
  • d
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2022, 12:38:04 PM »
Hull numbers in the ship name for shipyards.  Hard to tell what ship is what without them.

The following users thanked this post: superstrijder15, Vizzy, Kyle

Offline papent

• Lieutenant
  • Off We Go Into The Wild Blue Yonder
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2022, 03:37:47 PM »

Instead of medals they should be called service stars. I believe the USN does this for their ships.

The USAF does award medals and ribbons for aircraft or at least for heavy aircraft.
In my humble opinion anything that could be considered a balance issue is a moot point unless the AI utilize it against you because otherwise it's an exploit you willing choose to use to game the system. 
Rule 0 Is effect : "The SM is always right/ What SM Says Goes."

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2022, 06:06:23 PM »

I like the idea, but what would happen mechanically? The medals currently go to the officer's promotion score. Ships don't have that. What would you propose it do?

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2022, 06:51:38 PM »
If there's a fuel hub stationed at a DSP, it would be nice if the "refuel from/transfer fuel to Hub" actions were listed at the DSP, so that you don't have to specifically target the fleet the hub is contained in.

The following users thanked this post: Snoman314