C# Aurora > C# Utilities

Spreadsheet: Skoormit's Terraforming Planner

(1/5) > >>

skoormit:
By request from another thread, here is the spreadsheet I use for figuring out what to terraform and how to terraform it.
EDIT: Here's the same spreadsheet imported to Google Sheets. Not thoroughly tested. Let me know if you encounter any issues.

It gives optimal target atmosphere conditions from any given starting conditions (including race parameters), and also shows how long it will take (in "TFIyrs": Terraforming Installation Years) given your current tech level and naval admin bonus. (Note: the input fields for commander bonus are not factored in.)
It also does some aggregating of mineral deposit data for reporting/reviewing purposes. Useful for deciding which bodies to mine next.
The second sheet calculates target water vapor pressure based on your terraforming rate (so that you don't waste time adding too much), and gives ETAs for finishing vapor, finishing other gases, and vapor evaporating.

There may be far more here than you really want, but you can pare it down as you like.

The easiest way to get the data into the spreadsheet is to run a query against the database.
I've included the query on the third sheet if you'd like to do that.
DB Browser for SQLLite is the free tool I use.

Known limitations:
The SQL query returns only the information known to the most recently created player race. If you aren't playing the most recent game you created, you'll need to manually specify the raceid (or gameid) you want in the query.

The query returns names for uncolonized bodies based on my own naming convention.

--- Quote ---SYS-X#[M#] where SYS is the first three letters of the system name, X is the star letter, # is the order of the planet from the star, and M# is the order of the moon from the planet.
Examples:
Earth = SOL-A3
Luna = SOL-A3M1
Comets and asteroids are handled similarly, using SYS-Com# or SYS-XAst#.
Note that this only applies to uncolonized bodies. If the body is colonized, the name of the colony is used.

--- End quote ---

The terraforming calculations do not include the albedo increase for a melting ice sheet. I may add that at some point. If you don't want to wait, you can factor it in. The change is .0015 * Hydro extent (at the point in time that the sheet melts).

The calculations are based on the terraforming model for 1.11. The model will change somewhat in 1.12, specifically the mechanics for anti-greenhouse gases. I'll post an update after 1.12 hits.

The calculation treats all toxic as having a colony cost of 3.0 and no safe level allowed. This simplifies things, but gives you very slightly suboptimal results. You can leave some amount of toxic gases in the atmosphere to get done terraforming slightly faster.

DISCLAIMER:
This was designed for personal use, so expect it to contain some things that are not self-explanatory.

I'm happy to answer any questions.
And if you find any errors, I would love to know.

skoormit:
By request, I imported the spreadsheet to Google Sheets.
I've added the link to the top of my original post.

db48x:
Skoormit, care to check my math? I've modified the sheet to calculate the gain in manufacturing population from terraforming.

First I added two columns at the end of the table, CurMaxMfgAtPop and TFMaxMfgAtPop, both with this formula:

=IF(RC[-115]>=1.7,MIN(RC1,((19-RC[-115])/4.457)^4),RC1)

Then I added two columns between MaxP(m) and Bkm called CurMfg(m) and TFMfg(m), with this formula:

=MAX(0,RC[120]*(1-(0.05*(RC[5]+1))-MIN(0.7,(RC[120]/1000)^(1/4))))

And finally I changed the TFIy column to ?mfg/TFIy and gave it this formula:

=IF(RC[2]=0,0,IF(OR(RC[-4]=0,RC[89]=0,RC[2]<=RC[3],RC[3]>=4),-1,(RC[-2]-RC[-3])/(RC[89]/_ATMPerTFPerYear*(RC[7]^2/_EarthDiam^2))))

Bigger numbers represent more gain and/or less effort. The numbers look plausible to me, but you already know more about it than I do. What do you think?

skoormit:

--- Quote from: db48x on August 20, 2020, 08:16:38 PM ---Skoormit, care to check my math?

--- End quote ---

It is hard to tell just by looking at the formulas here.
Unfortunately, when I try to open the file, I get an error message that the file is corrupt.

db48x:

--- Quote from: skoormit on August 20, 2020, 09:17:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: db48x on August 20, 2020, 08:16:38 PM ---Skoormit, care to check my math?

--- End quote ---

It is hard to tell just by looking at the formulas here.
Unfortunately, when I try to open the file, I get an error message that the file is corrupt.

--- End quote ---

What are you opening it in? I saved it in LibreOffice 6.4.5.2…

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version