Author Topic: Help with Resolving Long Turn Times  (Read 946 times)

Offline AfricanWarrior (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • A
Help with Resolving Long Turn Times
« on: September 06, 2022, 05:39:15 PM »
Just got back into Aurora 4x after the 2. 0 update but a problem I had with the previous versions has persisted.   

The time the program takes to process new turns is oddly long with new games.  When I run the "Example Game", 5 day turns take close to or even less than a second to get through; and when I start a new game 5 day turns start to take up to 60 seconds or even more to get through, and that's when I haven't changed the default settings that come on the new game window.   

Aurora's files are stored in a separate folder in my C Drive (C:\Misc.  Programs\Aurora 4x), I only run Windows Defender as an antivirus and I'm on Windows 11.   

I didn't get a resolution to the problem before and so I had to drop the game for close to a year, and I don't want to miss out on it any longer 🥲.   
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 06:33:45 AM by AfricanWarrior »

Offline Ragnarsson

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
Re: Help with Resolving Long Turn Times
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 09:05:39 PM »
I'm not sure if it'll help you or not, but there's a good thread that has some suggestions, linked below:

https://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=12722.0

Offline AfricanWarrior (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • A
Re: Help with Resolving Long Turn Times
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 05:39:12 AM »
Quote from: Ragnarsson link=topic=13086.    msg162034#msg162034 date=1662516339
I'm not sure if it'll help you or not, but there's a good thread that has some suggestions, linked below:

https://aurora2.    pentarch.    org/index.    php?topic=12722.    0

Thanks for the suggestion.   I have tried the three fixes but they don't usually apply since it's at the very start of the game (Jan 1st, 20XX).   One fix I tried that worked was running it in compatibility mode for Windows 7, made a big improvement but not as snappy as most other people's gameplay of Aurora C# on YT; just a few milliseconds of delay.   

[UPDATE]: It seems like the long turn time only occurs during the first turn and following 5 or so, afterwards they seem to go as normal.

[UPDATE 2 - Electric Boogaloo]: I never checked the file correctly and somehow it was marked as "Read Only", thus far it seems to working well and my issue is resolved. 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 06:33:15 AM by AfricanWarrior »