Author Topic: Maintenance Supply Points production  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Marv (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • M
Maintenance Supply Points production
« on: October 30, 2022, 04:56:50 AM »
I am still - amongst other things - puzzled by MSP production.  I read in wiki production of these is 20 per maintenance facility without further research and bonusses. 
I have just reached TN and a research announces it will change the production rate to "24 MSP".
However all this does not add up with my real production.  I have 5 maintenance facilities and a governor production bonus of 20%.  I produce 480 MSP per year.  So I assume that base production per facility w/o any mod and research is 80 MSP/yr, not 20.  Am I right or what is the calculation for MSP? Thank you!

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Maintenance Supply Points production
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2022, 06:07:59 AM »
Do you have enough population to work the facilities properly? Is there unrest on the colony? Is your wealth negative?

Offline Marv (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2022, 06:40:50 AM »
Garfunkel, none of the conditions apply. In fact my question is that I even produce more MSP (=80/yr/facility) than expected (=20/yr/facility according to wiki/tooltip).
Can I assume that just wiki and in-game-text (in research window) are not accurate/outdated and in fact every maintenance facility produces 80 MSP/yr?

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2022, 06:43:14 AM »
I am still - amongst other things - puzzled by MSP production.  I read in wiki production of these is 20 per maintenance facility without further research and bonusses. 
I have just reached TN and a research announces it will change the production rate to "24 MSP".
However all this does not add up with my real production.  I have 5 maintenance facilities and a governor production bonus of 20%.  I produce 480 MSP per year.  So I assume that base production per facility w/o any mod and research is 80 MSP/yr, not 20.  Am I right or what is the calculation for MSP? Thank you!

You do seem to have a point...  In my game, I'm currently working on the 36MSP tech.  On Earth I have a planetary governor production bonus of 10% and a sector governor with 30%.  I have 1597 Maintenance Facilities that say they make 226,614 MSP a year.  Which is a production rate of about 142MSP per facility.

Maybe the tech names are just wrong - maybe production got changed, and they weren't updated?  I know that a few versions ago, I researched several increases to the supported ships capacity without doing the the MSP production tech, and that lead to MSP shortages. So if the game hasn't changed since then I don't think it is too out of whack for where it should be.

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2022, 06:59:39 AM »
Each MSP is 0.25 BP, and the build rate is measured in BP.

The following users thanked this post: mike2R, Marv

Offline Marv (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2022, 07:09:18 AM »
Hey Zap0, thanks for the answer that I am still trying to understand.
I have 5 Maintenance facilities and have a constant "Annual production" of 480. This has not changed since conventional game start, I am at TN already, CI has been converted and BP increased over time to actual 4320 BP. Still 480 MSP.
Would you be so kind and to help me with the calculation behind "Each MSP is 0.25 BP, and the build rate is measured in BP.", I mihgt be thick but I have not yet grasped the concept.
Thank you!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 07:47:46 AM by Marv »

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2022, 07:13:54 AM »
You have 5 mainteance facilities each with a production rate of 20.
So each produces 20 bp of maintenance supplies , for 100 bp of maintenances supplies. (5*20)
You have a governor who increases this by 20% ( 100 *1.2) = 120
1 Bp of MSP = 4 Msp so you produce (120*4) = 480 Msp
No mystery at all once you know that the build rate is in BP not MSP which I did not

The following users thanked this post: Marv

Offline Marv (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2022, 07:28:40 AM »
Mystery solved! Thank you all!

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2022, 07:41:02 AM »
I've updated the technology names for v2.2 to avoid confusion. They now show both BP and MSP.

The following users thanked this post: mike2R, Marv, Zap0