Author Topic: Six Stars - Start!  (Read 7802 times)

Offline sublight

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
Re: Six Stars - Start!
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 07:50:49 AM »
Usually the first six months are the slowest because that's typically when most of the 'orders completed' interrupts and player order requests occur. Still, 3 hours for six months this early in the game isn't a good sign.

Killing sensors might help if you spend much more time waiting for Aurora than you do checking the event log and controlling the aliens. However, if the sensors are killed you would need to pay more attention to ship movements to know when and where to turn sensors back on. For example, if I'm doing a geosurvey I'd like to know if I detect a population, and the other player might want to see me coming if they have a "shoot first" policy regarding non-civilian ships approaching their colony worlds.

Offline icecoldblood

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 08:30:02 AM »
I estimated two hours for the turn. It's been three hours and six months. I've uploaded the partial turn for you to look at, make corrections, yell at my mistakes, etc. The rest of the year gets finished tomorrow...

I may have to kill all sensors in the seven major systems to keep this going at a more reasonable pace. Thoughts?

I'm for killing sensors, but only if you can remember to turn them on during any intrusion of the home systems.

Offline Nightstar (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • N
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 03:26:44 PM »
Well... Production turns take a bit, non-production turns don't. Most of my time IS reading up on the events. The real problem is that every other day or so, I get an interrupt from a civilian ship getting spotted somewhere new. Come to think of it, turning off sensors isn't likely to help much there.

I've already spawned a a great deal of what's going to be in the game. NPRs are pretty much finalized, systems are explored several out, etc. That's what took me so long before I started advancing time. I think (and hope) this means that things won't get much slower.

Offline Nightstar (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • N
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 05:45:03 PM »
Turning off sensors and civilian transponders helped quite a bit. I reverted the changes for a couple days at the end so you can see stuff, but I'll be turning them off when it doesn't really matter from now on.

When you're done giving your orders for next turn, I also need a general response to someone attacking civilian ships in Sol.

QUICKEDIT: I ALSO want to remind you to check your stuff (events in particular) carefully. I haven't always been able to follow your orders exactly as intended. I try to PM you anything major, but I miss stuff.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 05:47:18 PM by Nightstar »