Author Topic: United Kingdom Medals (with conditions)  (Read 2085 times)

Offline nuclearslurpee (OP)

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
United Kingdom Medals (with conditions)
« on: December 16, 2020, 08:06:00 PM »
As these were requested in the Suggestions thread, I'm uploading this here for whoever wants it. I'm not going to claim this is a high-effort offering but hopefully will save someone a few hours here or there.

My most politically-reliable LCDR has prepared the promotional (heh) material below:

Put the images in the Medals folder, and the CSV anywhere you want. Once everything is in place, click "Import Medals" in the Medal Management window and select the CSV.

There are 31 medals in total, 20 of which are tied to in-game awarding conditions and many of these have multiple conditions so will be awarded to land, naval, and science leaders. The rest can be manually awarded at a few different promotion score points for flavour, and the British Empire Medal/various Order of the British Empire ranks are intended to be awarded to civilian leaders so they do not feel left out. Order of the Bath is awarded to surveyors, as I usually consider the survey commands quite prestigious in my own headcanons, and I've added a fictitious fourth (lower) rank for this reason. Note that not every awarding condition is used, either because they do not fit the existing IRL medals or I just personally don't care about them.

The actual medals are mostly correlated to IRL with a couple of fudges using IRL medal images for fictitious medals for the purpose of using a couple of the awarding conditions that I wasn't satisfied to use with any IRL medals. I've used the medal images distributed with the game where possible and filled in the gaps from Wikipedia images. A couple of them even have transparency! Ooh shiny...

On a technical sidenote, the commas in the medal descriptions are actually a similar-looking unicode character because Aurora does not seem to allow escaping commas in the CSV.  ::)

The following users thanked this post: vorpal+5, Garfunkel, El Pip, Second Foundationer

Offline vorpal+5

• Captain
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: United Kingdom Medals (with conditions)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 10:14:28 PM »
Excellent! You can award yourself the British Empire Medal then!  ;D

The following users thanked this post: nuclearslurpee