Author Topic: Commercial ship defense vs new spoilers  (Read 3829 times)

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: Commercial ship defense vs new spoilers
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2022, 12:30:13 AM »
This is true. The ability to invade is the only thing making this new species dangerous to empires. The fact that you cannot counterattack makes them invulnerable at the same time, which can be a huge problem depending on the size and frequency of their attacks.
We will see in a couple of month how bad they really are. They could be anywhere on the scale between nuisance and devastating.

You cannot invade their homeworld, but I believe Steve mentioned somewhere that they still have to replace their lost ships. So if you engage their ships and destroy them, intensity of their attack should be limited for some time.

I wonder, if you let them raid a lot of your ships and colonies,  if they will get bigger boost and will be more dangerous.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Commercial ship defense vs new spoilers
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2022, 01:16:31 AM »
This is true. The ability to invade is the only thing making this new species dangerous to empires. The fact that you cannot counterattack makes them invulnerable at the same time, which can be a huge problem depending on the size and frequency of their attacks.
We will see in a couple of month how bad they really are. They could be anywhere on the scale between nuisance and devastating.

You cannot invade their homeworld, but I believe Steve mentioned somewhere that they still have to replace their lost ships. So if you engage their ships and destroy them, intensity of their attack should be limited for some time.

I wonder, if you let them raid a lot of your ships and colonies,  if they will get bigger boost and will be more dangerous.

They will. Eventually, they also upgrade their techs which is something that will potentially make them even more dangerous in long and slow campaigns.

I think Spoilers are more interesting than classic NPRs and they allow for nice solo campaigns while controlling multiple Races.