Author Topic: Aurora 4x C#: Four Stars - A Letsplay Series with a Starting Scenario  (Read 3435 times)

Offline RaidersOfTheVerge

• Petty Officer
  • R
So my take on the first 10- years - db file below.
So semi spoiler if you haven't gotten to the end of Ep 5.

Broadly very similar, biggest difference seems to be surrounding star systems, not sure how much of that is random.

I've definitely been light on the military, more on exploration - my default nature.

I deliberately postponed my first JSS since I had the civ jump ships. It's now one of my top priorities.

The scanner sats(fighters) are kinda fun, though I'm not sure they will be useful, still its nice to play around with the formation editor. I have deployed a set at all inhabited planets in Seranus.
I have come to the conclusion they need to be viewed as disposable. After their deployment time runs out 16+ years, just replace and scrap (with possibly better ones), way faster the overhaul
and probably cheaper.

I have somewhat become a fan of the Tyrder exploration cruisers in this neighborhood of giant star systems. Still augmenting them with my larger Mil Jump Tender and grav survey frigates (esp the new high endurance ones)
has been very helpful. My hybrid tanker/resupply ships also help.

The fact that that the Mil JTs need the Civ JTs (or stabilized JP) to transit is an annoyance.

I'm having fun starting with a different concept and not instantly changing it. I've kept the character of all of the planets, with only minor exceptions. I did use a new CivSY to build the first tug before moving the SY to Ephus where it belongs
and am moving some Const Fact to Thodalia to start converting more mines to Auto Mines. The under 20 year supply of duranium there is a bit scary. There are other sources but most will be easier with auto mines.

Just like SpaceMarine I mostly survived the fuel shortage while expanding the fleet. I'm trying to accumulate enough for an expedition to my 25 Aquilae system, the smallest of what I have found by far. Any serious work in the others will
need to wait for significant supporting populations or much better (faster/more fuel efficient) tech.

Not letting me attach my file

Offline RaidersOfTheVerge

• Petty Officer
  • R
Ah had to zip