Author Topic: v2.1.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 14304 times)

Offline drakonbane

• Leading Rate
  • d
Re: v2.1.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2022, 12:39:50 PM »
Clicking on a ground unit in a series doesnt display its info on the right panel. Clicking on a ground unit not in a series does however.

SJW: Fixed for v2.1.1
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 10:44:28 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: DawnMachine

Offline rainyday

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • r
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2022, 02:45:53 PM »
#1 Bug description:
Discovering a new system through a jump point produces a system called "System #XXX" where XXX are different numbers every time.

Do you have a system name theme selected? That's typically what happens when the theme runs out of names. Some of them are relatively short, so if you've explored a lot, it's possible to use every name available.

Offline Kiero

• Bronze Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • In space no one can hear you scream.
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2022, 03:39:52 PM »
Do you have a system name theme selected? That's typically what happens when the theme runs out of names. Some of them are relatively short, so if you've explored a lot, it's possible to use every name available.

Yes, I do. It was the first system I discovered. Even changing the system theme did not help.

Offline Demonius

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2022, 03:54:36 PM »
Interestingly enough, I did start the 2.1 game with random stars and "terran federation system theme" and the 6 systems generated by now all had a number star designation. When I check the galaxy map, it reads "class name only" name theme for systems which is clearly not what I see under my race profile.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 10:46:52 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Demonius

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2022, 05:55:28 PM »
On Jump Point Exploration/System creation: Error Luminosity Key is 11 - created system ist a twin star D0-VII / F7-V. Dont see any problems after creation and error message with the system.

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2022, 06:48:32 PM »
I'm playing on 2.0.3, but I assume this happens in 2.1, too.

Ships stationed at a gas giant DSP get left behind in space as the gas giant moves along its orbit. They aren't sticking to the DSP/planet.
Also, a fuel harvester that is stationed at a gas giant DSP doesn't seem to harvest fuel, only when the harvester is stationed specifically at the planet itself (even though the DSP and the planet are on exactly the same spot).

SJW: The DSP and the gas giant are two separate locations, so you need to harvest at the planet, not the population. Harvesters have never been able to harvest at populations.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 10:48:51 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Deoloth

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2022, 11:57:04 PM »
Quote from: rainyday link=topic=13050. msg161474#msg161474 date=1660765553
Quote from: Kiero link=topic=13050. msg161464#msg161464 date=1660752806
#1 Bug description:
Discovering a new system through a jump point produces a system called "System #XXX" where XXX are different numbers every time.

Do you have a system name theme selected? That's typically what happens when the theme runs out of names.  Some of them are relatively short, so if you've explored a lot, it's possible to use every name available.

I have this bug as well.  It happened in a prior game after a while (8 explored systems, ancient Egypt theme), but when I started a new game today, none of the systems I've explored after having an alien start had a name.  I have tried switching to different system theme but they all come out as System ###.

Offline woxbel

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • w
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2022, 02:15:16 AM »
Quote from: Deoloth link=topic=13050. msg161493#msg161493 date=1660798624
Quote from: rainyday link=topic=13050.  msg161474#msg161474 date=1660765553
Quote from: Kiero link=topic=13050.  msg161464#msg161464 date=1660752806
#1 Bug description:

Do you have a system name theme selected? That's typically what happens when the theme runs out of names.   Some of them are relatively short, so if you've explored a lot, it's possible to use every name available. 

I have this bug as well.   It happened in a prior game after a while (8 explored systems, ancient Egypt theme), but when I started a new game today, none of the systems I've explored after having an alien start had a name.   I have tried switching to different system theme but they all come out as System ###.

Same Tolkien theme first 2 systems only numbers. 

Offline kalodsun

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • k
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2022, 03:59:27 AM »
I think I've figured out the problem that I and some other people have been having with never encountering the Swarm, even in a long game.

I checked the database and found that a race had been generated, but they had no ships or fleets.  So I tried generating another one from the SM System View and the same happened - race, tech, ship designs are generated, but no actual units in the world.
Afterwards started a test game, did the SM generation and it worked as intended.

I guessed some kind of overflow occurs with taking into account how much game time has passed, that sets the Spoiler's start strength to something < 0.
To confirm I backed up my DB and edited GameTime, LastGrowthTime and LastGroundCombatTime from 2608194320 to 0 - and it worked! Now SM generation works and spawns ships and fleets.

SJW: Fixed for v2.1.1. Due to a lack of a final 'else' clause in the spawn code, there was no chance of a swarm fleet appearing after 45 game years.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 11:59:20 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: Vandermeer, bro918, mike2R, DawnMachine, skoormit, Snoman314

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2022, 04:39:49 AM »
I think I've figured out the problem that I and some other people have been having with never encountering the Swarm, even in a long game.

I checked the database and found that a race had been generated, but they had no ships or fleets.  So I tried generating another one from the SM System View and the same happened - race, tech, ship designs are generated, but no actual units in the world.
Afterwards started a test game, did the SM generation and it worked as intended.

I guessed some kind of overflow occurs with taking into account how much game time has passed, that sets the Spoiler's start strength to something < 0.
To confirm I backed up my DB and edited GameTime, LastGrowthTime and LastGroundCombatTime from 2608194320 to 0 - and it worked! Now SM generation works and spawns ships and fleets.

That's interesting, my experience would bear that out - I don't think I've encountered the spoiler at all in the C# version.  And I've played conventional starts with slow tech pretty much exclusively, and like to turtle for a considerable period before I start generating systems.

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982, bro918, DawnMachine

Offline Snoman314

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2022, 07:15:16 AM »
Quote from: mike2R link=topic=13050. msg161498#msg161498 date=1660815589
Quote from: kalodsun link=topic=13050. msg161497#msg161497 date=1660813167

I checked the database and found that a race had been generated, but they had no ships or fleets.   So I tried generating another one from the SM System View and the same happened - race, tech, ship designs are generated, but no actual units in the world. 

That's interesting, my experience would bear that out - I don't think I've encountered the spoiler at all in the C# version.   And I've played conventional starts with slow tech pretty much exclusively, and like to turtle for a considerable period before I start generating systems.

Same here: Conventional starts, 10% tech speed.  10+ years to leave Sol.  Only ever saw Swarm in a game where I wanted to try some stuff, and SM'd myself through what would normally for me be 20-30 years of development, and left Sol straight away.

Offline DawnMachine

• Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2022, 11:57:13 AM »

God, here it is! I checked and you are right. I've been trying for so long to add a swarm to my 70 year old game. And the swarm was displayed only in the database. It would be so great to get a fix

Offline Vivalas

• V
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2022, 04:58:21 PM »
Very strange bug I've discovered when trying to do a very small solar system (for a Kerbal Space Program run...).

Setting a planet to have a very close orbit (~5-10m km) will cause it to have an extremely eccentric orbit no matter what. It only seems to affect planets with very close orbits. And, what's more, after a few 5-day increments, planets will seemingly go "off the rails" and disappear completely, setting their orbital distance and some of their other properties to "NaN".

I imagine there's some issue with running such small scale solar systems, but it would be pretty neato if this could be fixed.

(and, as an aside, maybe being able to enter custom properties for stars, as well. The solar system is KSP breaks many things about physics, but being able to handwave those things and just put in the numbers to stars that you need would be cool).

DB attached for debugging, it has one planet that currently is displaying the crazy eccentricity issue as well as two planets that have gone to NaN land.

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2022, 05:13:04 PM »
Reduced size lasers can't reduce the HS of the laser to a fraction, shouldn't they be able to?
It means that reducing a 3 HS laser has no effect besides making it charge slower:

« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 12:21:02 PM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: papent, Warer, Snoman314

Offline Vivalas

• V
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2022, 05:50:41 PM »

So... I don't know why eccentricity is so cursed but I'm about to turn it off at this point... Eve in the picture has eccentricity of 0.01 according to the game, and, uh... that's not an eccentricity 0.01 orbit... its current distance is 80m km from the parent, which is supposedly below its Perihelion (the shorter of the two end points), which makes no sense.

Maybe it has something to do with SM-modified orbits, but these aren't at tiny orbits (like 5-10km), these are at normal orbits (like 1 AU), so the bug seems to be exaggerated the closer you get to the parent body.

(also, spoiler doesn't work..)

EDIT:

(more evidence of the issue. you can see current distance for both bodies is below perihelion, something is rather strange)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 05:56:01 PM by Vivalas »