Author Topic: Senario idea  (Read 1459 times)

Offline Norm49 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • N
Senario idea
« on: September 27, 2022, 03:21:05 PM »
I believe a similar subject was create but the search function of the forum didn't find any thing.

This is a place to propose scenario idea and/or sheer scenario.
The fist one is the one i am currently playing.

Scenario 1:"To the world end" Set population grow a 0.0 so i don't lose population (will be change to 4 or 5 when other planet have been colonize) and make the Earth population at 15 billion (Earth can support 12B) also Earth have no more resource to mine. I star as a conventional empire. So you have to very carefully manage the little resource you have in reserve and you could have to destroy conventional industry to gain more resource to build ship to go mine on other planet as well as fighting the unrest due to the serious over population problem.I also space mater out the space port and the deed space observatory. I also space mater the earth atmosphere to simulate climate change and had some low colonies cost to earth (eventually fixable with terraformation). I space mater some random resource on Mars and random ruin on Europa. All spoiler race are active. Research time a 100% Terraformation at 100% Survey at 20%. Player NPR generation chance at 90%. Difficulty modifier at 120%. Civilian line and harvester are off.

What are you custom scenario?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 01:21:29 AM by Norm49 »

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: Senario idea
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 09:03:37 PM »
I delete 99% of all the resources in Sol, build a bunch of ships, delete some techs, and write a ponderous AAR about it.  :P

Offline Sebmono

• Chief Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 06:47:59 AM »
I delete 99% of all the resources in Sol, build a bunch of ships, delete some techs, and write a ponderous AAR about it.  :P

When you delete techs, are you doing it in the DB or in game somehow? And if I. The DB, is there a "right" way to do this? I've recently started a game on the latest version with a Battletech theme, I'm steadily developing through the Star League years and want to eventually model the Succession Wars technological decline by deleting techs while still keeping around ships and GFs that use them and wasn't sure how well the game would handle me just deleting those rows from the DB.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2022, 07:47:13 AM »

When you delete techs, are you doing it in the DB or in game somehow? And if I. The DB, is there a "right" way to do this? I've recently started a game on the latest version with a Battletech theme, I'm steadily developing through the Star League years and want to eventually model the Succession Wars technological decline by deleting techs while still keeping around ships and GFs that use them and wasn't sure how well the game would handle me just deleting those rows from the DB.

In the game, you can go into the Research tab, view "Completed" techs, and choose to remove specific ones from the list. You may need SM mode for this, I don't remember as I always have SM mode on when I'm doing this kind of stuff anyways.

The only catch is that you cannot remove a race-designed component, ground unit, etc. which is currently "in use" (which includes being in a class/formation/etc. that is not currently built or deployed). For this you have a couple of options, the cleanest one is to design the ships with another race and transfer them to the desired faction, the easier one is to mark all of these components and units as obsolete and play by the honor rule not to build any more. I am lazy so I did the second one.  :P

Offline Ghrathryn

• Leading Rate
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2022, 05:27:15 PM »
Potential scenario idea:

Sol start
Conventional Tech
5K or less ground forces with conventional (1-4) weapons/armour - Preferably in small units
Pop of between 100m and 1,000m
No space yards or orbital industry, no maintenance facilities, nor anything else that could be considering 'all tech' or starting TN tech buildings
1-5 labs
Have conventional industry for between 1 and 7 billion - more than you've got pop for
Low survey, research and terraform speed with limited research admin on
Minerals can be whatever you feel like

Additional options:
Possibly (likely needs DB editing) create a conventional tech ruin on Earth linked to your species - if you can do this, replace some of the CI with it, the bigger the ruin, the more CI replaced
Create one small (sub 10m) pop outpost on Mars, this has to be the same species, not necessarily faction.  They can have 500-2500t of infantry - preferably small groups
Create between 0 and 4 NPR factions on Mars, all 0 pop, multiple small infantry only ground forces
Create an NPR (or use one from the Mars militaries) and make an ark station over Earth, give control to either your group or a same race NPR
Create several infantry only NPR groups on Earth, one of these can be an offshoot of one of the Mars NPRs
If possible, create a set of ruins on Mars, Phobos and Demios for a second Mars NPR and add some infantry to the moons
Set up 1 or 2 of the Mars NPRs (of the same species) on another system somewhere away from Earth, this is where their pop is.  It should not be the one linked to the ruins.  If possible you could make one NPR be purely the military, without any pop at all, but it's the same species as another NPR
Set up the remaining Mars NPR in another system, again with a pop.

Description:

Towards the end of the 20th century or early into the 21st, Earth was attacked by aliens.  Unlike most might think, they did not attack with explosive WMDs or high radiation weapons, but rather chemical and biological attacks.  Most of humanity died to the spores, though some managed to make it to old nuclear shelters that had air filtration and waited it out.  On returning to the surface months or years later, however, they found it a hostile environment thanks to roving bands of mutants that seem to be mostly former humans, although there are other things, including living hives and giant hermit crabs.

Now humanity's task is to pick up the pieces, find out who attacked and find out what else is hiding in the dark.

-----

If you're not sure what the scenario is, there was an X-Com knock off in the 90s or 00s called UFO Aftermath.  Basically 'greys' attacked Earth to turn it into a giant biocomputer, except the project failed.  For one, the mutants likely screwed things around, for two the group you play fought back.  Canon route (Aftershock) involves most of Earth's better survivors being either taken to an arc ship turned station, which eventually gets destroyed and a small crew takes over the other, only to have to fight to reclaim Earth from mutants and aliens, and fanatics, with the aid of survivors and a couple of human variants (cyborgs and psionics).  Meanwhile the rest were set up on Mars (Afterlight) and try to terraform the place, only to encounter more of the greys and robots belonging to another race before a warp gate opens to bring another threat through.

The following users thanked this post: ranger044

Offline Cobaia

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • C
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2022, 05:55:36 AM »
Hello,

This is not a full fledged scenario but it's some house rules I force myself that lead to some frustrating play troughs and a glorious death to my empire and several start overs.

- Sol Start Conventional + TN Tech
- 1000M Population
- 1000 Conventional Factories only, no other facilities
- 10 Research Labs
- 5% Survey and Terraforming
- 20% Research with Admin on
- 120% Mineral Start

Rules:
- Research happens by order of Research bonus (meaning you don't choose research you research based on the Scientist list)
- You need to Terraform everything that has < 10 Suitability with normal Gravity
- Colonies needs to have at least 100M Pop before moving Facilities this includes Mines and Mass Drivers
- Asteroids/Comets cannot take Automated Mines and Mass Drivers only Orbital Miners