Author Topic: What's Going On In Your Empire: C# Edition  (Read 74366 times)

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: What's Going On In Your Empire: C# Edition
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2020, 01:30:30 PM »
Thus it means that the campaign gets abandoned, in other words, "the prophecy of One Point Nine" means that the campaign is being played on version 1.8 and he's about to update to 1.9 and starting a new game.

If you were going to bother porting wouldn't you want to port from 1.8 to 1.12.0? Unless it becomes exponentially harder the longer the jump of course.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2020, 02:09:27 PM »
If you were going to bother porting wouldn't you want to port from 1.8 to 1.12.0? Unless it becomes exponentially harder the longer the jump of course.

Well, sure, but I think when the player posted that originally 1.8 or 1.9 was the current version. Not sure exactly but the quote is dated 27 April so sounds about right.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2020, 05:04:10 PM »

Well, sure, but I think when the player posted that originally 1.8 or 1.9 was the current version. Not sure exactly but the quote is dated 27 April so sounds about right.

Oh I didn't check the dates

Offline Second Foundationer

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #153 on: November 23, 2020, 10:47:40 PM »
After a chain of events in an insignificant parallel universe had caused a long time freeze in the real Auororaverse, the Second Foundation found it very hard to force its immersion back into the 1.11th Republic. So, it decided to move on to the 1.12th dimension... where it promptly found itself on an Earth where the US and its allies had "won" WWIII in the late 20th century, only to be eventually swept away by a global communist revolutionary wave in the post-apocalyptic chaos. After a drawn-out recovery from nuclear devastation, united, and fledglingly "trans-Newtonian" humanity in the 23rd century was under the rule of a Solar Soviet whose planned economy had managed to set off a serious Duranium shortage before founding any exoplanetary colony.
[Conventional start, moderately reduced research, survey and terraforming speeds, plus: a rather prohibitive gravity tolerance of >0.4g which means that it took a while to find any halfway decent place to colonize; Venus is inhabited as the only non-LG rock in the solar system besides the third planet; Boronide has become the next scarcest thing after duranium as LG infrastructure was initially needed for everything else.]

Following a solar perestroika under pressure from the first colonies, especially Io (100% Energy research bonus!), the subsequent lifting of all restrictions on private enterprise, and three decades of nuclear-pulse-ingly slow expansion to far-away places, the mineral crisis seems to have come under fragile control. But now, in the advanced ion age, enemies pop up on several fronts to blow up our audacious explorers: We just finished construction on the exploration pocket cruiser 'Curiosity'. It is already the fourth ship of that, by now: ill-omened name, but the Central Committee stubbornly insists that the vanguard and pride of the survey fleet accurately reflects humanity's (or its own) insatiable desire to explore the galaxy ever further. Curiosity can be dangerous in more than one way: In several systems, including Luyten's Star, Sol's gateway to half the galaxy, spatial rifts of an unknown nature have opened...

The following users thanked this post: db48x

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #154 on: December 05, 2020, 10:46:06 AM »
Ouch, one of my ships was just shredded by 25× Strength 96 Energy Weapon impacts from surface emplacements; I guess that system is off-limits for a few more centuries.

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #155 on: December 05, 2020, 12:40:50 PM »
Ouch, one of my ships was just shredded by 25× Strength 96 Energy Weapon impacts from surface emplacements; I guess that system is off-limits for a few more centuries.
There's always nukes....

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #156 on: December 05, 2020, 01:51:17 PM »
There's always nukes....

True.

Of course using nukes would risk the extensive ruins and the ideal environment. But it's a possibility worth considering.

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
« Reply #157 on: December 05, 2020, 08:03:31 PM »
I didn't think nukes threatened ruins?

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #158 on: December 13, 2020, 05:23:48 PM »
I've discovered that Captain Devin Chaidez is the dumbest captain in my entire space navy. For some reason, he decided that any time anyone noticed that they had been deployed longer than their scheduled tour he would simply drop whatever they were working on and pick another survey target. After their six-year tour was up, they spent the next three years just idly passing the time doing not very much until their jump drive broke, and some of their grav sensors broke, and Main Engineering was a wreck, some of the quarters were damaged, and one of their two engines was offline. He finally relented, or the maybe the XO finally wised up, and the ship headed for the nearest depot. It was that week that the second engine broke. It was another 34 days before a tug could reach them and three weeks more to reach port. The Auxilliary Control room went down half way to safety.

Lt Devin Chaidez is now driving in the motor pool at the new naval headquarters on GJ 1286-A I.

The following users thanked this post: Hawkeye, vorpal+5, Droll, StarshipCactus, Second Foundationer, nuclearslurpee

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #159 on: December 13, 2020, 06:13:13 PM »
I've discovered that Captain Devin Chaidez is the dumbest captain in my entire space navy. For some reason, he decided that any time anyone noticed that they had been deployed longer than their scheduled tour he would simply drop whatever they were working on and pick another survey target. After their six-year tour was up, they spent the next three years just idly passing the time doing not very much until their jump drive broke, and some of their grav sensors broke, and Main Engineering was a wreck, some of the quarters were damaged, and one of their two engines was offline. He finally relented, or the maybe the XO finally wised up, and the ship headed for the nearest depot. It was that week that the second engine broke. It was another 34 days before a tug could reach them and three weeks more to reach port. The Auxilliary Control room went down half way to safety.

Lt Devin Chaidez is now driving in the motor pool at the new naval headquarters on GJ 1286-A I.

"But sir, I was just following orders..."

The following users thanked this post: db48x

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #160 on: December 14, 2020, 07:34:00 PM »
EnterElysium had something very dramatic go down in his empire:

I think that it's worth watching even if you don't ordinarily watch "Let's Play" videos.

Offline RougeNPS

• Lt. Commander
  • R
« Reply #161 on: December 14, 2020, 08:09:18 PM »
I watched that. Scary stuff that they just kept appearing as he explored. And usually with more hits too.

Offline pwhk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • p
« Reply #162 on: December 15, 2020, 10:55:29 PM »
Game 70 years in with quartered research/survey/terraforming speed with 3 NPRs.

At first we found a perfectly breathable world if a bit dry, not were there are some Rakhas on it. And for some reason it just, hm... disappeared. Shooting some missiles on it and nothing happened.

Now there are precusor threats. At one point I thought they were other NPRs but their growth rate is too slow to be a full NPR.

Empire now spreads to 4 systems. Now in a Corundium crunch... (and you realize that mines need Corundium...)

And the kicker is, now the game is locked into 6 hours interval for some reason, and running slowly... :(

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #163 on: December 16, 2020, 12:42:57 AM »

At first we found a perfectly breathable world if a bit dry, not were there are some Rakhas on it. And for some reason it just, hm... disappeared. Shooting some missiles on it and nothing happened.

Now there are precusor threats. At one point I thought they were other NPRs but their growth rate is too slow to be a full NPR.

Empire now spreads to 4 systems. Now in a Corundium crunch... (and you realize that mines need Corundium...)

And the kicker is, now the game is locked into 6 hours interval for some reason, and running slowly... :(

Rakhas are bugged and disappear when you save and reload, fixed for 1.13 I think.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #164 on: December 16, 2020, 01:48:07 AM »

Rakhas are bugged and disappear when you save and reload, fixed for 1.13 I think.

Yes, unfortunately, that is true. Going through my database I could see that they have been generated but they are not there anymore.

I cannot see the fix in 1.13 changelog though
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 01:50:47 AM by froggiest1982 »