Author Topic: What's Going On In Your Empire: C# Edition  (Read 70492 times)

Offline gamemonger56

• Chief Petty Officer
  • g
Re: What's Going On In Your Empire: C# Edition
« Reply #315 on: January 16, 2023, 01:28:58 PM »

what the devil is a type "R" shipyard?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #316 on: January 16, 2023, 02:00:40 PM »
what the devil is a type "R" shipyard?

It is a repair yard, which can be expanded cheaply and serves no other purpose than repairing ships so that your other shipyards don't have to stop construction to fix your fleet after a battle. You probably don't need very many of them, especially if resource crunches limit construction anyways, but it is a nice feature to have.

As a side note, you might find some benefit in posting updates with slightly lower frequency but greater length per update, as usually this will be a more effective way to get engagement from your fellow forum-goers.  :)

Offline gamemonger56

• Chief Petty Officer
  • g
« Reply #317 on: January 16, 2023, 05:58:19 PM »

The repair shipyards appeared on their own; i didnt do it. I'm not sure i approve of a game that makes decisions on its own. that way lays skynet......

I dunno about adjusting my post frequency, that implies prior planning that im generally p*ss poor at.

Ill try tho.

Offline sneer

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #318 on: January 17, 2023, 01:50:56 AM »
if you made repair ship then its repairing capability is in shipyard tab

Offline gamemonger56

• Chief Petty Officer
  • g
« Reply #319 on: January 17, 2023, 05:37:31 PM »

Knowing that this is an alternate time line is liberating. I know where the two alien races are, diplomats are dealing with them and im staying far way.

Going to have to put the scout ships back on the drawing board, since they dont have enough range to reach new systems with enough fuel to explore. I could make them bigger, but i was hoping to stealth them and theyre nearly too big to stealth.

Terraforming is a problem too. I cant seem to get those last few habitability points to zero, so infrastructure is required.
we breed like rabbits (long cold alien nights, yknow), and rapidly outgrow the infrastructure. Building it on site isnt quick enough and the freighters are taking forever to build. time time time, need a time turner.

Destroyers are starting to come online, but they need maintenance and time on station is, once again, limited.

The work force is a problem, aint enough of them. If only there were automated factories, my life would be alot easier. Drop auto mines and factories, come back in a few years to a ready to colonize planet.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #320 on: January 17, 2023, 06:07:27 PM »
The work force is a problem, aint enough of them. If only there were automated factories, my life would be alot easier. Drop auto mines and factories, come back in a few years to a ready to colonize planet.

You can sometimes free up workers by moving unused or unimportant facilities to a random unpopulated body for "deep storage". For example, if you don't use missiles then ordnance factories can be moved or even just scrapped if you'd rather have the 30% minerals back. Fighter factories and fuel refineries are other tempting targets, as are shipyards you're not really using at the moment (you need a tug to move those).

If you're talking more in terms of getting workers to colonies, the civilian shipping lines are a big help if you know how to use them. Set contracts to deliver infrastructure by setting supply (at Earth, etc.) and demand (at target colony), and the civilians will use freighters to move the infrastructure, and then automatically the colony ships will jump in as well. Doing this is also how you can grow your civilian shipping, so if you don't have a lot of them you'll need to start doing this to help them make money and build up a fleet.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 11:20:22 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Online Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #321 on: January 18, 2023, 11:20:31 AM »

You can sometimes free up workers by moving unused or unimportant facilities to a random unpopulated body for "deep storage". For example, if you don't use missiles then ordnance factories can be moved or even just scrapped if you'd rather have the 30% minerals back. Fighter factories and fuel refineries are other tempting targets, as are shipyards you're not really using at the moment (you need a tug to move those).

If you're talking more in terms of getting workers to colonies, the civilian shipping lines are a big help if you know how to use them. Set contracts to deliver infrastructure by setting supply (at Earth, etc.) and demand (at target colony), and the civilians will use freighters to move the infrastructure, and then automatically the colony ships will jump in as well. Doing this is also how you can grow your civilian shipping, so if you don't have a lot of them you'll need to start doing this to help them make money and build up a fleet.

I just scrapped 400 refineries in my campaign to address this exact issue.

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #322 on: January 23, 2023, 09:35:14 AM »
The year is 2060 and spoilers have destroyed all shipyards in Sol, new shipyards were built. Subsequent to further preparations, a large spoiler attack force was defeated.

See spoilers forum post for previously reported details. http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=13030.msg161610#msg161610

The security situation requires efficacious defence against unpredictable attacks of unknown origin. Initial missile/STO doctrine gave way to a first generation of long range particle cannon FACs.

Crimson Rainbow class Fast Attack Craft      1,584 tons       44 Crew       281.4 BP       TCS 32    TH 168    EM 0
5304 km/s      Armour 2-12       Shields 0-0       HTK 10      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 0      PPV 7
Maint Life 3.19 Years     MSP 252    AFR 80%    IFR 1.1%    1YR 37    5YR 561    Max Repair 77.5 MSP
Adept    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 35 months    Morale Check Required   

Starfield Mag5 P168 (1)    Power 168    Fuel Use 16.74%    Signature 168    Explosion 7%
Fuel Capacity 30,000 Litres    Range 20.4 billion km (44 days at full power)

Heaviest Particles (1)    Range 240,000km     TS: 6,250 km/s     Power 10-5    ROF 10       
Divine Light (1)     Max Range: 384,000 km   TS: 5,500 km/s     97 95 92 90 87 84 82 79 77 74
Satori (1)     Total Power Output 5    Exp 5%

Sentinel (1)     GPS 38     Range 7.1m km    Resolution 18

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes
This design is classed as a Warship for auto-assignment purposes

Currently however Sol is heating at 1% per year.

The primary objective of the New Order of the Velvet Glove (NOVGLOV) is to locate, defend and populate habitable planets before Earth becomes uninhabitable. A key tech of this era is terraforming. A large 5x terraforming station is being produced in quantity but must be defended. It keeps Earth cool and prepares other planets for the exodus.

Temple Sunrise class Terraforming Station      126,913 tons       520 Crew       2,791.2 BP       TCS 2,538    TH 0    EM 0
1 km/s      No Armour       Shields 0-0     HTK 71      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 1      PPV 0
MSP 13    Max Repair 500 MSP
Tractor Beam     
Seeker    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months   
Terraformer: 5 modules producing 0.003 atm per annum

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes
This design is classed as a Space Station for construction purposes
This design is classed as a Terraformer for auto-assignment purposes

Terraforming 0.0006 has been completed. Colonisation tech 10% is currently being researched and 5% is complete, 1 year to go. Thereafter Terraform 0.00075 will be researched.

1097m people currently inhabit Earth. Several candidates for new colonies have been discovered, any within two jumps range are being prepared. Civilian shipping is not permitted because after the spoiler attacks NOVGLOV consider stable jump points to be a security risk and use race controlled portal stations instead.

An adjacent system Lalande has a habitable planet with a ruined city, which is responding to terraforming at x2.67 rate and has 897m max pop so can be a refuge for over half the Earth's population. A sizeable 25kt engineering corps is being assembled to exploit the ruins. Six terraforming stations are in orbit, adding water vapour to an atmosphere which they have already made breathable to improve hydrographic extent, colony cost is reducing and it shouldn't be long before it reaches zero. It is a refuelling post and defence base with 15kt of mixed LV inf tier6 troops. Currently a small 3xFAC fleet comprised of Crimson Rainbows Orange, Red and Turquoise (S.I.G.) defends the planet, backed up by 10 upgraded missile interceptors and a recon craft, all supported by manned planetside maintenance facilities.

FB-16 Lennon Karma 016  (Lennon Karma Teacher class Fighter-bomber)      565 tons       4 Crew       62.7 BP       TCS 11    TH 54    EM 0
4814 km/s      Armour 1-6       Shields 0-0       HTK 2      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 0      PPV 5.2
Maint Life 11.01 Years     MSP 101    AFR 26%    IFR 0.4%    1YR 2    5YR 23    Max Repair 23.12 MSP
Magazine 34   
Seeker    Control Rating 1   
Intended Deployment Time: 37 months    Morale Check Required   

Starfield Mag5 P54 (1)    Power 54.4    Fuel Use 52.66%    Signature 54.4    Explosion 8%
Fuel Capacity 30,000 Litres    Range 18.1 billion km (43 days at full power)

Hard Point (20)     Missile Size: 1.7    Hangar Reload 65 minutes    MF Reload 10 hours
Pointer (2)     Range 14.2m km    Resolution 18
Tyrant's Teacher (20)    Speed: 41,177 km/s    End: 0.3m     Range: 0.7m km    WH: 6    Size: 1.7    TH: 301/181/90

Sentinel (1)     GPS 38     Range 7.1m km    Resolution 18

Missile to hit chances are vs targets moving at 3000 km/s, 5000 km/s and 10,000 km/s

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes
This design is classed as a FAC for auto-assignment purposes

One jump beyond Lalande, Crimson Rainbow Orange FAC fleet began its illustrious career by successfully defended the Alpha Fornacis system against a spoiler attack.

Alpha Fornacis A-II is a planet with col cost 190/m and a massive max pop 49,854m but will terraform at only x0.24 rate. It has been designated a desirable location and a defence colony established with similar fleets but the system is shared with two other alien (NPR) races inhabiting asteriod outposts. Concentrations of their defence ships have been located elsewhere and diplomatic stations deployed. One race is the Hassad Hierachy, designated "Spiders", which appears to be very xenophobic with zero diplomatic progress. Another race the Orryxia Commonality designated "Beetles" has warmed to NOVGLOVs diplomatic initiative with a positive rating of 141.

The system 88 Eridani, two jumps beyond leads to Hassad spider territory and contains a zero colony cost world with 4bn max pop. Unfortunately it is claimed by the spiders and has a ground force of unknown loyalty on it. The indications are of a significant battle which the spiders apparently lost as their ships retreated from the planet and the wrecks are of both spider and spoiler ships. The spider fleet guards the jump point to Gliese 564 which could not be surveyed but appears to contain their homeworld. Although the planet in 88 Eridani is very desirable NOVGLOV preach an overtly ethical philosphy and profess a desire not to add war to their other difficulties. After several warnings from the spiders to stay out of 88 Eridani the indications are that trying to colonise it would be repulsed with force. NOVGLOV are monitoring the situation but prioritise the saving of humanity from extinction. The intelligence arm of military operations is considering deploying a covert ELINT ship using parts from a captured spoiler ship but it is as yet only a plan on the drawing board and far from ready. Some believe the Hassad Heirarchy is genetically obliged to be instinctively hostile due to its evolutionary history and war is an inevitability. NOVGLOV are committed to winning it if it starts but will not start it and 60kt of troop drop modules have been built for the tug fleet, as a precaution.

A complicating factor has been the discovery of an ancient construct in a system adjacent to 88 Eridani. Psi Coronae Borealis is not claimed but reaching it means travelling through spider space which could be the last straw if detected. NOVGLOV intend to discover its purpose and possibly activate it but will take pains to avoid the inner system of 88 Eridani where a deep space tracking station is believed to be in operation. The 9m max pop at the construct planet will limit its potential.

Proxima Centauri is another system adjacent to Sol. A small planet with x63 terraform and 37.8m max pop is being terraformed and equipped as a defence post to support long term terraforming on two other less habitable candidates in the system. 25 Ursa Minoris leads from Proxima to V1216 Sagittarii, where another construct was discovered and although it breaks the two jump rule this is being prepared for terraforming and defence and the Xenoarcheology expedition is currently trying to translate the alien language and decipher the operating system of this construct.

Further afield other colonising opportunities have been discovered but not without losses as a hostile force destroyed the survey scout Cosmic River Sadu in a system containing another low colony cost world. NOVGLOV consider the efficacy of operation exodus requires focussing terraforming resources at this time and plan to build more, which will require resources. Consequently an automining operation to provide key minerals, especially corundium, is being set up in 25 Ursa Minoris to enable the expansion of automining to provide sufficient boronide for terraforming to proceed on a hitherto unseen scale.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 12:51:18 PM by boolybooly »

The following users thanked this post: StarshipCactus

Offline gamemonger56

• Chief Petty Officer
  • g
« Reply #323 on: January 24, 2023, 01:09:35 AM »
And here i thought i had problems.....well, i do!

Started a new game, this time newest version, yay me. it is now may 0111 TN in the new calendar. Two alien races were discovered and are now fast friends/allies. the oldest contacted race is now offering grav and science information which is great, now if i can figure out how they do the mapping....

a third race popped up a few years ago, oddly enough in my home system of Sol, so of course they were designated [SOL] which is really irritating. Aggravated, blew them to dust bunnies.
a year later another showed, again, bunnies. then they ambushed a cargo fleet in the next system over, destroying half of the fleet before they could Jump. Sent 2 DesRons in and lost contact.
a year later, another ambush on the cargo fleet. DesRon 1 and 2 destroyed 3  of the aggressors but lost track of them.
currently a colony fleet was lost with all hands while the LCrusRon and DesRon hurried to help, then the aliens disappeared. no trace can be found.

they reappear when the military has to go home to resupply and are gone again when they return.

The following users thanked this post: nuclearslurpee

Offline gamemonger56

• Chief Petty Officer
  • g
« Reply #324 on: January 25, 2023, 05:59:21 PM »

Spent several years chasing the aliens around the system. as soon as the FC locked up, they'd break contact.

So i built SS's, towed them into the system, and put them around 3 of the colony planets and one on each of the JP's. System's been alien free (other than me) since then. The maintenance ships designed to do the overhauls failed, so now i use tugs to bring them to the colony, overhaul, refuel, etc, then take them back to their positions. Not how i planned it, but oh well.

Actually terraformed a planet to colony cost 0, its really hard to do in the C+ version. the hydrographic extent seems to be a major factor, but since its a GM only action, not sure what to do with it.

I will find the [SOL] home world and gonna glass it.....

Online Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #325 on: January 26, 2023, 04:42:51 AM »

Spent several years chasing the aliens around the system. as soon as the FC locked up, they'd break contact.

So i built SS's, towed them into the system, and put them around 3 of the colony planets and one on each of the JP's. System's been alien free (other than me) since then. The maintenance ships designed to do the overhauls failed, so now i use tugs to bring them to the colony, overhaul, refuel, etc, then take them back to their positions. Not how i planned it, but oh well.

Actually terraformed a planet to colony cost 0, its really hard to do in the C+ version. the hydrographic extent seems to be a major factor, but since its a GM only action, not sure what to do with it.

I will find the [SOL] home world and gonna glass it.....

If you add water vapour to the atmosphere it will condense into water, or ice, depending on the temperature.

The following users thanked this post: gamemonger56

Offline gamemonger56

• Chief Petty Officer
  • g
« Reply #326 on: January 26, 2023, 05:03:40 PM »

water vapor,  yay.

what does the (F) mean next to a planetary atmosphere gas?

Online Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #327 on: January 26, 2023, 05:57:49 PM »

water vapor,  yay.

what does the (F) mean next to a planetary atmosphere gas?

Frozen - the gas has turned to a solid and is lying on the ground rather than being part of the atmosphere.

The following users thanked this post: gamemonger56

Offline gamemonger56

• Chief Petty Officer
  • g
« Reply #328 on: January 29, 2023, 07:03:55 AM »

finally found the [SOL] homeworld....chased the rats back to their hole.  very nice planet, lots of minerals,etc. Not gonna glass it.

Took out the PDCs; had to build a bigger ship with bigger missiles and beams. took out the army on the planet, some 300K tons.

Now i have terraformers over the planet and turning it into something my peoples can use....

Offline Kiero

• Bronze Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • In space no one can hear you scream.
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #329 on: January 30, 2023, 09:31:25 AM »
Have you even bothered to decipher their language?