Author Topic: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 89913 times)

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
Re: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #405 on: June 08, 2021, 05:16:49 AM »
Mineral packets arriving at a planet which has no mass drivers do not cause any explosive side-effects. They just disappear when they reach the target body.

SJW: Working as Intended. I changed this to avoid the regular new player problem of destroying their own colonies by accident :)
Could Steve add a game option where you can choose between both behaviours? I want to be able to "Expanse the Earth" ;-)

Offline Stryker

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
« Reply #406 on: June 09, 2021, 06:07:23 PM »
When loading a saved game, sub-fleets attached to sub-fleets are detached from the parent sub-fleet , and reattached to the parent fleet.

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #407 on: June 10, 2021, 01:24:52 PM »
There seem to be some issues with the Use Maximum Speed option.   Sometimes if a fleet does not have Use Maximum Speed checked and a ship in that fleet is destroyed the fleet's speed will be set to 1 km/s.   Other times when a ship is destroyed it's set to the actual maximum speed of the fleet, even if it had been manually set lower.   (EDIT: It turns out this can happen both with and without the Use Maximum Speed box checked, so this might be a more general issue with ship detachment or destruction, rather than with the Use Maximum Speed option as I thought at first. )

A possibly related issue is that I've occasionally had ships that lose their engines fail to automatically detach from their fleets -- although other times they've detached properly, and I've had this happen regardless of the maximum speed setting, so I'm not sure what's going on here.

Since this doesn't seem to have been addressed, I just want to confirm that there's definitely some issue with the automatic detachment code for damages ships, as I've observed this happen to NPRs as well: fleets of NPR ships sometimes slow to 1 km/s and stay at that speed after some ships in the fleet sustain damage. On the other hand, sometimes ships do seem to detach properly, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #408 on: June 10, 2021, 01:38:46 PM »

Since this doesn't seem to have been addressed, I just want to confirm that there's definitely some issue with the automatic detachment code for damages ships, as I've observed this happen to NPRs as well: fleets of NPR ships sometimes slow to 1 km/s and stay at that speed after some ships in the fleet sustain damage. On the other hand, sometimes ships do seem to detach properly, so I'm not sure what's going on.

That explains my last encounter with Space Swarm. I killed/crippled few of them and rest of the fleet stopped moving until there were no cripples left.

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #409 on: June 10, 2021, 02:08:23 PM »
If a target is in range but the chance of hitting it is zero, your ships will hold fire. However, they still seem to experience maintenance failures as if they were firing.

Offline kyonkundenwa

• Chief Petty Officer
  • k
« Reply #410 on: June 10, 2021, 03:02:45 PM »
Bug Report: fractional capacitor recharge rates are not respected in High Power Microwave designs.
To reproduce: Start a new game, research capacitor recharge rate 2, and design a High Power Microwave with a fractional recharge rate. Recharge rate, cost, and rate of fire will be shown as though you selected recharge rate 1 for all recharge rate values between 1 and 2.

I didn't see any other reports on this, probably because nobody uses HPMs. Fractional capacitor recharge rates work as expected for all other weapons.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #411 on: June 10, 2021, 03:28:37 PM »
Bug Report: fractional capacitor recharge rates are not respected in High Power Microwave designs.
To reproduce: Start a new game, research capacitor recharge rate 2, and design a High Power Microwave with a fractional recharge rate. Recharge rate, cost, and rate of fire will be shown as though you selected recharge rate 1 for all recharge rate values between 1 and 2.

I didn't see any other reports on this, probably because nobody uses HPMs. Fractional capacitor recharge rates work as expected for all other weapons.

I can confirm this. It is not a display bug on the component design screen, as the power requirement in the class design window also does not reflect the fractional recharge rate.

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #412 on: June 11, 2021, 05:17:05 AM »

--- A interesting one to be sure. At first I thought it to be a bug in the display... however, upon closer inspection it turns out that isn't the case. These components are completely wrong. You might be thinking, "What the heck am I supposed to be looking at, here?" and that's a fabulous question. This image was taken at the moment of the bug, and it turns out that in the "Class Design" Window you can open multiple instances of the "Create Research Project" Window, unlike when opened from the Main System Map. When opened from the main screen, only one instance of the "Create Research Project" Window can be opened at a time. Re-clicking the button simply brings up the instance. So, with three instances open simultaneously, it turns out that my Missile Launcher was Prototyped as a Missile FCS, while my Magazine was turned into a Missile Launcher. I was going to report having three "Create Research Project" Windows open at the same time as a bug because I'm like 99.9% sure that this was fixed in a prior version... 1.10~ or something like that. P.S. Sorry for the gigantic picture, I'm not 100% how to resize them. :(

The function number - Not Applicable
The complete error text - Not Applicable
The window affected - Class Design & Create Research Project Windows
What you were doing at the time - Designing a Fighter-Sized Survey Ship, with three instances of the "Create Research Project" Window open at the same time.
Conventional or TN start - Trans-Newtonian (TN)
Random or Real Stars - Random
Is your decimal separator a comma? - Oops. My HDD got wiped because Dell is ass... my decimal separator is back to the standard comma.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - Unknown.

Online Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #413 on: June 11, 2021, 08:13:36 AM »

One of CA Klingon's Fire Controls (a Atalskes Phaser Corporation Weapons Console R480-TS10000) was damaged during the last battle, and had been in an "Open Fire" state when it had been damaged. I can't shut it off from the UI since it was damaged, I'm wondering if that one is stuck and keeping the increments locked. I think I can fix it by editing the database to put a 0 in for "Open Fire," but wanted to report the issue first. DB attached.

Can you confirm you are using version 1.13 as the fix is already in the code?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 05:06:09 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Online Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #414 on: June 11, 2021, 08:18:45 AM »
Error 1168

Attached is my current Save game where I have the Pop-up error "Function #1168 : the given key was not present in the dictionary."

Running Medals mod and the BlueGeGone Mod ( black background ) due to fuzzy text using the standard blue background ( my failing eyesight).

DavidR

The error is in load movement orders. Do you have any fleets that have a destination that no longer exists, such as a population, jump point or system?

Pops should already be covered as deleting a population will remove any associated movement orders. Have you modified or deleted any systems?

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #415 on: June 12, 2021, 03:33:29 AM »
Steve - re your query re my 1168 error message.

As far as I know there are no destinations that no longer exist /removed etc

The only changes I make are to renaming the systems in alphabetical order on discovery by a Survey vessel and before any colonies exist. I requested the AI Civilian transports to collect 20 construction Factories from Earth to be transported to Cathcart-A IV where I have a colony of 15.98m.

It appears that the AI freighters are carrying trade goods yet are wanting to collect my Factories. I have not deleted or amended any of the destinations to where the trade items could be going.

No jump points have been deleted - jump points have been stabilised to every system where I have a colony population.

I don't know why I have the 1168 error.

DavidR

Steve - Please note my Post 394 in this Bugs thread for a more updated post re my 1168 error together with the related save game position.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 09:27:50 AM by davidr »

Offline Jeltz

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #416 on: June 12, 2021, 02:35:18 PM »
As suggested, linked here, maybe not only a cosmetic issue
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 02:44:10 PM by Jeltz »

Offline ty55101

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
« Reply #417 on: June 14, 2021, 01:29:34 AM »
In the fleet view the "Ship Design Display" doesn't update for at least the crew after crew casualties (such as after a failed boarding attempt).

If it isn't fixed, it would be nice for the text box with the ship information to be taken out and only the "Class Design Display" to remain with that info to reduce confusion.
More guns = more funs

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #418 on: June 15, 2021, 02:00:53 PM »
I looked at the "Alien Race" table in the DB to watch diplomacy progress with a new NPR that shot at me, and I have not noticed diplomatic relations trending back to non-war while our races are not in mutual detection range of each other.

This prevents the scenario referenced in the C# Diplomacy Changes, where a race shoots at another's survey ship, but as long as you avoid contact, relations trend back to non-war. Instead, they are remaining static according to the DB, across many construction periods.

Once I put a fleet back in mutual detection range, relations started trending back to normal. This is obviously going to be a problem if they keep trying to shoot at every ship I try to bring in diplomatic sensor range. Perhaps relations should continue trending towards baseline, regardless of whether you are in mutual detection?

The situation you describe should happen when there is contact (including populations) but no diplomacy module present or a diplomacy ship without an appropriate ccommander or when communications have not been established. Are you sure none of those is applicable in this context?

I just want to touch base on this once more. According to the C# Diplomacy Changes, do I understand correctly that relations should trend back to neutral even if both 1) communications are not established, and 2) neither race has sensor contacts with each other? Because that did not happen in my report above. Instead, relations stayed frozen at hostile while we were in mutual non-contact with each other, instead of trending back to neutral.

Here's the C# Diplomacy Changelog excerpt I'm referencing for this behavior being a bug:

If diplomatic relations are above the hostile level (-100), then even a single point of damage through combat will reduce relations to that point. However a period of mutual non-interaction following a small clash will probably return the diplomatic status to neutral. For example, if communications are established you may ask a survey ship to leave your system (mechanics in a future post). If that didn't work or you did not have communication, you can slightly damage that ship. An unarmed ship would retreat from hostile aliens and the immediate impact would be the alien race treating you as hostile. However, with no further combat in the short term, the status would soon return to a wary neutrality. Future communication and diplomacy would still be an option.

Offline Jaz010

• Leading Rate
  • J
« Reply #419 on: June 15, 2021, 03:57:29 PM »
Seems there is a bug in downloading tech,
I fought some precursors, after salvaging their ships I gained 7,000 point of tech in Laminate composite armor.  ( which is currently being researched on earth with 2,000 points or so remaining) . 
on the way to sol, the fleet passes by a system that is controlled by me and contains research lab ( the system is specialized in sensor fire control research) . 
once it transits i get the message tech downloaded in the said system. 

I cancel the research in earth to start it again in the said system and I see that the research cost has increased by 10,000.

I have a copy of the db if needed.