Author Topic: Is my Fleet about Average?  (Read 2846 times)

Offline Platys51

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
Re: Is my Fleet about Average?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2021, 04:04:50 AM »
Within first 60-80 years on normal start, 600kt of warships is enough to win a war.
That said, everyone has different play style.
Especially civ/navy ratio can vary wildly as in that time, I can have 10-15Mt transport ships. As in, one ship. Usually 10-20 of them by this point. Along with few fleets of 1Mt ships for low volume transport.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
Re: Is my Fleet about Average?
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2021, 09:36:43 AM »
I too find it much more challenging to maintain a larger fleet now, even though I always played massive in the past.
The worst thing is that the AI can just ignore all this. I recently had an Earth start with 4 other NPR factions, one of which spawned with over 100 size 18-26kt ships, so over 2mt in fleet, and that is on difficulty 50%! Of the other three factions, even the two weaker ones with lower population still have fielded a fleet that I couldn't match 50 years in.
Currently I struggle to keep my 400kt fleet afloat, and even though I have been playing Aurora for so long, I am now in my first ever Uridium crunch because of the high maintenance demand. Meanwhile the remaining NPRs just smile and wave from the decks of their tax-free superyachts.
Well, I am sure I will adapt strategy to the new system eventually.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy